SHL: 2013-14 General SHL Discussion

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Before making a price you'd think they would make sure to:
1. Look up the dictionary what 'rookie' means.
2. Have clear eligibility rules.
3. Judge the players objectively.

But no. Better to have a subjective price with weird nominations and bias towards nationality.

47088345.jpg

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Apparently there is some issues regarding a possible goal yesterday between HV71 and Leksand.

Leksand's Kevin Kapstad had a shot that hit frame but apparently re-viewable pictures were available but somehow they are now "lost".

I do wonder if the company in Eksjö deliberately deleted them because the pics showed a goal?

I also wonder why such pics are immediately reviewed during the game since they apparently are available?

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
It's been confirmed now that there will be no "extra teams" in next years SHL.

Kvalserien will be played as usual and from 2015/16 they will increase the SHL to 14 teams.

This will be the last season with kvalserien. for 2015/16 the winner of 2014/15 HA will advance directly, while teams 3-8 will play a play off series.

The top 3 will join HA's 2nd placed team in a best of 7 game series vs. SHL teams.

From the season after no one will be directly moved up.

So summarize this ********* ********** ******* ****** ***** :shakehead: :loony:
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif

Shyguy

Mar 20, 2010
About damn time!

I support that the winner of HA will be promoted directly to SHL instead of going through Kvalserien.

ATM I dislike how they will handle kvalserien 15/16 and afterwards, its far to beneficial for the SHL teams. Might change my mind depending how it turns out tho.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
About damn time!

I support that the winner of HA will be promoted directly to SHL instead of going through Kvalserien.

ATM I dislike how they will handle kvalserien 15/16 and afterwards, its far to beneficial for the SHL teams. Might change my mind depending how it turns out tho.

Yes but this only for the first season.

Then the winner of HA will have to play against the 2nd placed team to decide which team that will play against the last team in SHL in a best of 7 game series.

What they should have done was to direct promote the winner of HA directly, demote the last placed team in SHL directly,
Then have a mini-kavlserien between teams 2-4 in HA and team 13 in SHL, where the winner goes to SHL.

A most definitely dislike a best of 7 game-series between HA-winner and last placed SHL-team.
While 14 teams is good there need to be more dynamic in the promotion and demotion of teams.
Making rules just for "protecting" teams like FBK and HV71 won't do the sport any good.

As expected they made a mess of it completely, too many play in/play out /play off /play up series,

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
It will be slightly harder to be promoted, but probably not as hard as people currently think. At least for the nearby future the gap between the leagues will narrow down. Why? While you do get more money for playing in the SHL there aren't magically gonna appear enough players to make all 14 teams at least as good as the worst SHL team in today's 12 team format. Swedish players? We have what we have. European players? Maybe the refuse of the KHL late in the season. NA players? Sure, there are some gems out there. But for every one of those it feels like there are at least two who fail (plus those who turn out to be average).

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Apparently there is some issues regarding a possible goal yesterday between HV71 and Leksand.

Leksand's Kevin Kapstad had a shot that hit frame but apparently re-viewable pictures were available but somehow they are now "lost".

I do wonder if the company in Eksjö deliberately deleted them because the pics showed a goal?

I also wonder why such pics are immediately reviewed during the game since they apparently are available?

What? If there's a goal that goes undetected by the official and the video goal judge, the goal can never be allowed after the play has started following the last whistle after said goal.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
What? If there's a goal that goes undetected by the official and the video goal judge, the goal can never be allowed after the play has started following the last whistle after said goal.

My point is that:

1. it should have been reviewed when it happened but these footages wasn't used.
2. if extra goal cameras and such are available, why not use it? Why else do you have it?
3. If the goal does not matter once the play resumes, why is it so much secrecy? The sequence suddenly becomes "lost" (aka the company that manages it deleted it on purpose).

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
My point is that:

1. it should have been reviewed when it happened but these footages wasn't used.
2. if extra goal cameras and such are available, why not use it? Why else do you have it?
3. If the goal does not matter once the play resumes, why is it so much secrecy? The sequence suddenly becomes "lost" (aka the company that manages it deleted it on purpose).

1. No one noticed it, which is bad but expected since the video goal judge position league wide is a joke IMO. But keep in mind, no referee, nor the Leksand players or staff noticed it during the game either or else they can demand a review

2. As I said, it's a joke and the position is filled by the local ice hockey district, often on suggestion by the teams.

3. Simply because they didn't save the data, no one has deleted it on purpose, please.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Sucks that we're out, but im happy over our season either way. It will be interesting to see where Hersley ends up for next season.

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
Now we'll just relax and see how all Swedish hockey below SHL slowly suffocates :shakehead
There was actually also some news about a new transfer system. All the details aren't finalized, but it's suppose to help clubs in lower divisions that lose players they have developed. I'm guessing it means some kind of transfer fee. Maybe something similar to the transfer agreement between Sweden and NHL (smaller sums obviously)?

Should help spreading some of the TV money out.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I actually think this is a good idea!

Hockeyallsvenskan might not be as good as it is today, but we will still see tight games against the SHL-teams.

Remember that two teams from Hockeyallsvenskan gets promoted, and they will probably have the skill of Rögle last season.

How did it go for Rögle against the lower teams? Not that good.

Best of 7 will be tough as **** for the lower teams, but it won't be impossible. Look at Switzerland - their average is one promoted team every second season since 1998. And that's with 1 team from the top division - here we play with 2!

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
I actually think this is a good idea!

Hockeyallsvenskan might not be as good as it is today, but we will still see tight games against the SHL-teams.

Remember that two teams from Hockeyallsvenskan gets promoted, and they will probably have the skill of Rögle last season.

How did it go for Rögle against the lower teams? Not that good.

Best of 7 will be tough as **** for the lower teams, but it won't be impossible. Look at Switzerland - their average is one promoted team every second season since 1998. And that's with 1 team from the top division - here we play with 2!

Come with that again when västerås doesn't advance.

I think this is high gambling, if malmö can't go up before this starts it could backfire hard on the "growing elitehockey" idea. Are they really that sure malmö and dif will make it?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Come with that again when västerås doesn't advance.

I think this is high gambling, if malmö can't go up before this starts it could backfire hard on the "growing elitehockey" idea. Are they really that sure malmö and dif will make it?

Of course it's sad that Kvalserien gets removed, but the only thing I have against playing the series between the SHL-team is that it's a game of 7. A game of 5 would've been perfect.

Also, the short series with 3-8, in my opinion, they should've kept the system they have today, but maybe change it to 3-6 instead of 4-7, and the winner from this one plays the loser in the finals.

Also x2: If neither Malmö nor Djurgården gets promoted this, or next season, I think Hockeyallsvenskan keeps it status as it is today, especially if AIK gets relegated!

Let's say Karlskrona/Karlskoga/Mora/Södertälje gets promoted next season, and that Örebro and AIK have gotten relegated. Then we have a lot of sweet derbys in Hockeyallsvenskan

AIK-Djurgården
Västerås-Örebro
(Örebro-Karlskoga)
Malmö-Rögle

Would the league still get a lot of attention from the media? Certainly!

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Linus Klasen moves to some Switzerland team, because it has "been a dream to play there". :laugh: Guess he didn't aim very high. (Not calling them a bad team, but I have never heard of any swedish player dreaming of playing in Switzerland).

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Linus Klasen moves to some Switzerland team, because it has "been a dream to play there". :laugh: Guess he didn't aim very high. (Not calling them a bad team, but I have never heard of any swedish player dreaming of playing in Switzerland).

He needs money to serve his family :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Well making tons of money and playing in a place like this with the sun ALL of the year:

images

images

And at the same time you can come home every night to your family.....it is maybe not a competitive dream and a dream for ambitious people, but still is a hell of a dream-job

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Well making tons of money and playing in a place like this with the sun ALL of the year:

images

images

And at the same time you can come home every night to your family.....it is maybe not a competitive dream and a dream for ambitious people, but still is a hell of a dream-job

People mocking it aren't doing it as a slight towards Lugano or Switzerland, not at all, it's just that approximately zero Swedish kids grow up dreaming of playing in Switzerland.

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
I don't post on here very often, but I have been keenly watching the Swedish play-offs on Satellite TV, and as a LHC fan (lived there in 2007) I couldn't help but comment...

... LHC's netminders are terrible. Hogberg has looked awful the whole play-offs and Engstrand wasn't much better tonight.

Whats gone wrong, and why have LHC not fixed this earlier? Man, depressing to watch...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad