B-Sens 2013/14 Binghamton Senators Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Robin Lehner ‏@RobinLehner 3h

Thanks to all the sens fans and Binghamton fans for this season! It was a really fun year! Too bad it ended tonight! #sensarmy #Peskysens

:handclap:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i didn't get to see Robinson play at all. How was his skating? Does he have bottom 6 nhl potential in a couple years?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
¿¿¿Buddy Robinson???ººº

i didn't get to see Robinson play at all. How was his skating? Does he have bottom 6 nhl potential in a couple years?

Icelevel:

Hmm on "Buddy Robinson" well we only watched him play 4-5 games so hard to judge him on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy is big listed as 6' 5" and 230 lbs.......

His skating is better than I thought it would be, Buddy did seem to have a bit of a knack around the net..........

We have no real data on Buddy yet ask me about him in another yr after he has a full season in Binghamton, I will know a lot more then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Icelevel:

Hmm on "Buddy Robinson" well we only watched him play 4-5 games so hard to judge him on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy is big listed as 6' 5" and 230 lbs.......

His skating is better than I thought it would be, Buddy did seem to have a bit of a knack around the net..........

We have no real data on Buddy yet ask me about him in another yr after he has a full season in Binghamton, I will know a lot more then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks zeke. i think i watched a couple bingo streams he was playing in but i don't remember him. (maybe i didn't?)
I just wanted to know about his skating which is key for a guy his size. good to know it looked better than you expected. Curious to see how he does after the off season. (realistic expectations though. just curious for now)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder if Tim Murray will go out & get another experienced goalie for the B-Sens or whether they re-sign Lawson? Curtis McElhinney would be an interesting choice, experienced, had a great yr last yr in the AHL, has NHL experience if called up & experience with the O-Sens.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I wonder if Tim Murray will go out & get another experienced goalie for the B-Sens or whether they re-sign Lawson? Curtis McElhinney would be an interesting choice, experienced, had a great yr last yr in the AHL, has NHL experience if called up & experience with the O-Sens.

Aragorn:

As per history Ottawa signs a new goaltender for Binghamton every season...

Lawson was signed as 4th goalie in the system to back up Robin, as Robin would be the one called up if Big Ben, or Anderson got hurt up top......

In my view Ottawa would like to have better goalie down here as the 3rd goalie to get called up next season if Anderson or Robin are injured.

Ottawa has signed goaltender Andrew Hammond out of college to a ELC so it would be nice if they signed a goaltender who would be willing to teach Andrew Hammond, how to play in the pro's. + tutor him off ice as well to be a professional hockey player.

That is how I see it unfolding for next season as for Curtis McElhinney he would be a good choice. B & T Murray always surprise me with who they sign for goal in Binghamton most likely they will surprise me (us) again. Let's wait and see Aragorn...........................

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Pens fan/mod here in peace. Wanted to thank you guys as a fan base for how you conducted yourselves during the series. You guys have a serious load of passion for your team, but you do it in a way conducting yourselves as friendly as a opposing fan base could ever be expected to, and anytime any of you came onto our board you were very respectable while visiting even though some pretty heated and aggressive discussions. Same goes for on the public board.

Bravo guys, don't change. Stay a class act.

Kenny Bania

Thats gold Jerry!
Jun 4, 2010

Not really. But yeah, they need a third goalie for the big team and Lawson isn't the answer.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1435181

Pens fan/mod here in peace. Wanted to thank you guys as a fan base for how you conducted yourselves during the series. You guys have a serious load of passion for your team, but you do it in a way conducting yourselves as friendly as a opposing fan base could ever be expected to, and anytime any of you came onto our board you were very respectable while visiting even though some pretty heated and aggressive discussions. Same goes for on the public board.

Bravo guys, don't change. Stay a class act.

Thanks

Berserker*

Dannick Paquette and Stefan Della Rovere are two RFA's this off season that may not get a qualifying offer. If they do end up becoming UFA's, maybe Tim Murray can find a way to either sign them to a two way contract, or better yet an AHL contract. Della Rovere was a good agitator for team Canada in the World Junior championships and Paquette is a pretty good agitator who has the upside to be a Chris Neil type of player. We don't have a lot of agitator types in the prospect pool, so it would be nice to add one or two.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Dannick Paquette and Stefan Della Rovere are two RFA's this off season that may not get a qualifying offer. If they do end up becoming UFA's, maybe Tim Murray can find a way to either sign them to a two way contract, or better yet an AHL contract. Della Rovere was a good agitator for team Canada in the World Junior championships and Paquette is a pretty good agitator who has the upside to be a Chris Neil type of player. We don't have a lot of agitator types in the prospect pool, so it would be nice to add one or two.

We don't need more people who can't score. The farm club is sorely lacking in sniper-like players who can put the puck in the net. Prince was the only one doing anything at season's end. Pumpel and Noesen will help tremendously. The last thing we need is a grinder/bruiser. Darren Kramer is an agitator who can skate.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL

I'm really nervous about this actually. There aren't many options out there for a solid AHL #1 who can slide into an NHL backup role if injuries up top occur. This is something that still needs to be addressed until we get Dreiger or Brassard....or both.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
We don't need more people who can't score. The farm club is sorely lacking in sniper-like players who can put the puck in the net. Prince was the only one doing anything at season's end. Pumpel and Noesen will help tremendously. The last thing we need is a grinder/bruiser. Darren Kramer is an agitator who can skate.

Yip, totally agreed. We'll have Kramer, DD and hopefully Cowick. If anyone gets injured we can always sign some scrub from the streets or call up a goon from ECHL.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Yip, totally agreed. We'll have Kramer, DD and hopefully Cowick. If anyone gets injured we can always sign some scrub from the streets or call up a goon from ECHL.

I hope we qualify Cowick this off-season. He busted his ass all year and didn't even get a sniff at a call-up. The Gazley-Pageau-Cowick line was amazing for the B-Sens all year. I'm disappointed in Ottawa that they didn't reward Cowick with a chance to prove his worth at the end of the season.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I hope we qualify Cowick this off-season. He busted his ass all year and didn't even get a sniff at a call-up. The Gazley-Pageau-Cowick line was amazing for the B-Sens all year. I'm disappointed in Ottawa that they didn't reward Cowick with a chance to prove his worth at the end of the season.

Me too. I think he's getting better and it would be interesting if maybe he can carve out a bottom 6 role.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Watch the Finals for free on AHL Live June 6, 2013

Watch the Finals for free on AHL Live
June 6, 2013

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League and NeuLion, Inc., announced today that as a thanks to the AHL’s loyal and dedicated fans, video streaming the 2013 Calder Cup Finals will be available at no charge on AHL Live.

Using promo code CALDER2013, fans can register and log in at www.ahllive.com and watch all of the action of the 2013 Calder Cup Finals, from the first puck drop until the AHL’s 77th champion is crowned.

The 2013 Calder Cup Finals will begin on Saturday, June 8, at 7 ET, and will pit the Eastern Conference champion Syracuse Crunch against the Western Conference champion Grand Rapids Griffins.

2013 Calder Cup Finals
Game 1 – Sat., June 8 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00 ET
Game 2 – Sun., June 9 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 6:00 ET
Game 3 – Wed., June 12 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00 ET
Game 4 – Fri., June 14 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00 ET
*Game 5 – Sat., June 15 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00 ET
*Game 6 – Tue., June 18 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00 ET
*Game 7 – Thu., June 20 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00 ET

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Griffins lead finals 2-0 game #3 tonite in Grand Rapids

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (theahl.com) -- Syracuse entered the Calder Cup Finals with the sterling record, the championship experience and the home-ice advantage.

But Grand Rapids will pack two wins on the bus and head back to West Michigan with a chance to wrap up its first title next week.

Francis Pare's power-play goal late in the second period snapped a 4-4 tie and the Griffins survived a see-saw battle for a 6-4 victory over the Crunch on Sunday evening to take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven Calder Cup Finals.

The Griffins head home for the next three games of the series, needing two more wins to secure the AHL championship. Game 3 is Wednesday at Van Andel Arena.

Grand Rapids led 2-0, 3-1 and 4-2 before Syracuse tied it late in the second period, but Pare's goal 26 seconds after the Crunch equalizer kept the momentum going in the Griffins' favor.

For the second straight night, Grand Rapids jumped in front early. Tomas Tatar scored his 12th goal of the postseason, tied for the AHL lead, at 4:29 of the first period to stake Grand Rapids to the 1-0 lead. Defenseman Brennan Evans carried the puck deep from the point and found Tatar, who was stationed in front of the net.

The Griffins made it 2-0 at 11:31 as Triston Grant pounced on the rebound of a Landon Ferraro shot for his first goal of the 2013 playoffs and his second in 55 career AHL postseason matches.

Syracuse got on the board with 5:57 left in the opening period as Andrej Sustr fired a long shot through traffic that beat Petr Mrazek. For Sustr, it was his first playoff goal.

Ferraro gave Grand Rapids a 3-1 lead at 6:23 of the second period, following up a Jeff Hoggan chance and burying the puck past Cedrick Desjardins.

Held without a shot for the first half of the second period, the Crunch got an opportunity on the power play and quickly converted at 10:06 when Richard Panik gathered the rebound of a Tyler Johnson shot at the top of the crease, kicked the puck to his stick and slipped it behind Mrazek to pull to within 3-2.

The Griffins got that one right back, though, as Tomas Jurco scored on a power play at 12:09, taking a feed from behind the net and roofing it under the crossbar before Desjardins could react.

The Crunch answered again at 16:12 as Brett Connolly found a loose rebound of a Tyler Johnson shot and made it 4-3 Griffins with Syracuse's second power-play goal of the night.

J.T. Brown was credited with the game-tying goal at 18:23 of the second period on a shot from the right wing that beat Mrazek to the far side and went through the mesh. Play continued for nearly 40 seconds until the next whistle, at which time the play was reviewed and the goal confirmed.

But Tyler Johnson took a delay-of-game penalty and Grand Rapids went right back on top on Pare's power-play goal at 18:49, sending the Griffins to the locker room for the second intermission with a 5-4 lead.

Grand Rapids survived a four-minute Syracuse power play in the early stages of the third period, and grabbed their fourth two-goal lead of the night with 5:04 left in regulation as Jan Mursak scored on a breakaway to make it 6-4.

Despite a 13-4 edge in shots during the third period, the Crunch could get no closer on the scoreboard and dropped their second straight game for the first time this postseason.

Mrazek (13-7) stopped all 13 shots he faced in the third period and finished with 30 saves for the win. Desjardins (11-3) allowed six goals on 29 shots.

Grand Rapids was 2-for-5 on the power play; Syracuse was 2-for-8.

2013 Calder Cup Finals – Series “O†(best-of-7)
E3-Syracuse Crunch vs. W3-Grand Rapids Griffins
Game 1 – Sat., June 8 – Grand Rapids 3, SYRACUSE 1
Game 2 – Sun., June 9 – Grand Rapids 6, SYRACUSE 4
Game 3 – Wed., June 12 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00
Game 4 – Fri., June 14 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00
*Game 5 – Sat., June 15 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00
*Game 6 – Tue., June 18 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00
*Game 7 – Thu., June 20 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00

Via AHL website.....

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Would be so awesome to see Mrazek win a Calder cup.

Was at Game 1, he was by far the most exciting player to watch on the ice. He made some ridiculous saves. I hate to say it, but the Red Wings are going to be just fine once Datsuyk and Zetterburg leave.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Griffins up 3-0 over Crunch next game Friday.....

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (theahl.com) -- The Grand Rapids Griffins are one win away from their first Calder Cup title after a 4-2 win over the Syracuse Crunch in Game 3 of the American Hockey League's championship series on Wednesday night.

Jan Mursak broke a 2-2 tie with 4:49 left in regulation to help stake the Griffins to a 3-0 lead in the best-of-seven Calder Cup Finals. Grand Rapids goes for the sweep when it hosts Game 4 on Friday night (7 ET, AHL Live, SiriusXM NHL Network Radio, ESPN America).

After dropping the first two games of the series at home, Syracuse struck first in Game 3. Richard Panik gave the Crunch their first lead of the series at 10:21 of the first period, taking a feed from Tyler Johnson, stepping around a Grand Rapids defender and wristing a shot past Petr Mrazek. It was the sixth goal of the playoffs for Panik.

Tomas Tatar evened things up on a wraparound 2:09 into the second period, collecting Nathan Paetsch's point shot behind the net and tucking it behind Cedrick Desjardins to make it 1-1. For Tatar, it was his league-leading 13th goal of the postseason.

Luke Glendening gave Grand Rapids the lead less than three minutes later, collecting a loose puck off a scramble in front and depositing it for his sixth goal of the playoffs at 4:53.

Syracuse made it 2-2 at 9:56 of the second as Dan Sexton's long wrister from the blue line changed direction and knuckled past Mrazek for his fifth goal of the playoffs.

Desjardins made a pair of huge saves in the third to preserve the tie. Tomas Jurco had a chance alone in front with 12:45 remaining and Desjardins denied him with a spread-eagle pad save, and Gustav Nyquist was sprung on a breakaway with 9:25 to play only to be turned away by the Crunch netminder.

Grand Rapids finally broke through with 4:49 to go as captain Jeff Hoggan came out from behind the net and sent a shot towards the cage that Mursak deflected past Desjardins for his 10th postseason goal.

The Griffins tacked on an insurance goal with 2:28 to play when Hoggan grabbed the puck off a Crunch turnover, drove to the net and beat Desjardins to make it 4-2.

Mrazek (14-7) made 26 saves for his sixth win in the Griffins' last seven games. Desjardins (11-4) finished with 25 stops.

Attendance at Van Andel Arena was 10,102, the largest crowd in Griffins AHL playoff history.

Via AHL website.....

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
OT but a mention of KK in Elliott Friedman's '30 thoughts'

29. I mentioned a few weeks ago that Buffalo might be interested in Manchester Monarchs head coach Mark Morris for an assistant's job since he and Sabres head coach Ron Rolston have a connection. It appears Morris will stay in the AHL, so here's another possibility: Kurt Kleinendorst. He led the Binghamton Senators to the 2011 Calder Cup and just resigned as head coach at the University of Alabama-Huntsville

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2013/06/price-is-steep-to-improve-position-in-nhl-draft.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad