Prospect Info: 2013-14 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I am looking forward to seeing some skills on display in the AHL tonight.

Still upset no one from the Phantoms made it.... grrr

Not really sure how/why Akeson didn't make it considering he's tied for 6th in AHL scoring with 45 point in 47 games while being on the lowest scoring team in the AHL. He's had a hand in 39.5 percent of the team's goals. If that's not an All-Star I don't know what is.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Not really sure how/why Akeson didn't make it considering he's tied for 6th in AHL scoring with 45 point in 47 games while being on the lowest scoring team in the AHL. He's had a hand in 39.5 percent of the team's goals. If that's not an All-Star I don't know what is.

I know, I was thinking the same thing after looking at stats when I got the tickets for both skills and game.

I have no idea who is responsible for voting (maybe the stupid fans).

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
I think Laughton's speed is going to surprise people who underestimate his upside. He's got a very similar skillset to Richards, but a couple extra gears on the top end.

Exactly.
Except for the speed they also have a very similar skating style.

Seriously all I've seen from Laughton reminds me of that guy in my avatar.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Goulbourne fought former Flyers Prospect Camp invitee Jared Hauf over the weekend & nearly TKO'd him despite the major size advantage in Hauf's favor. Also lol at the play by play guy sounding like a WWF announcer.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Defensemen Oliver Kylington (#14 Farjestad) is a potential top 10 pick for 2015 if you want to get an early look at him.

He was BLAZING FAST and super slick with the puck.

He is going to be fun to watch in a few years if he gets to the NHL. He put on a clinic tonight. Well spoken too for his age. See what he can do from the backend tomorrow in game. I'd love to have him in our system.

Hyka was fast, but that was about it.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He was BLAZING FAST and super slick with the puck.

He is going to be fun to watch in a few years if he gets to the NHL. He put on a clinic tonight. Well spoken too for his age. See what he can do from the backend tomorrow in game. I'd love to have him in our system.

Hyka was fast, but that was about it.

I prefer Andersson at this venture. (Rasmus, Peters son, Calles brother.) He is maybe not as naturally gifted as Kylington (though he is very gifted)... but I think he has a hockey IQ that is more conducive to putting it all together. Great passer, heavy shot, great IQ, physical, mobile. (at 220lbs and 6'1ish!)

Saw him play in games with Cam Fowler, Grossmann, Gunnarsson in the lockout as a 16 year old and he really did not look out of place.

The only worry is really that he has been a fully grown man since 16... (like Ekblad) so does he have room to continue improving?

I imagine he would be drafted ahead of Kylington if the draft was tomorrow.

You cannot go wrong with the D in 2015 seemingly... there are going to be a hell of a lot of good D men.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I prefer Andersson at this venture. (Rasmus, Peters son, Calles brother.) He is maybe not as naturally gifted as Kylington (though he is very gifted)... but I think he has a hockey IQ that is more conducive to putting it all together. Great passer, heavy shot, great IQ, physical, mobile. (at 220lbs and 6'1ish!)

Saw him play in games with Cam Fowler, Grossmann, Gunnarsson in the lockout as a 16 year old and he really did not look out of place.

The only worry is really that he has been a fully grown man since 16... (like Ekblad) so does he have room to continue improving?

I imagine he would be drafted ahead of Kylington if the draft was tomorrow.

You cannot go wrong with the D in 2015 seemingly... there are going to be a hell of a lot of good D men.

Kylington would go way higher than Andersson if the draft was today. Andersson is a very "heavy" skater, he must improve his mobility quite a bit.

Calderone

old time hockey
Oct 18, 2008
Philly Metro Area

Goulbourne fought former Flyers Prospect Camp invitee Jared Hauf over the weekend & nearly TKO'd him despite the major size advantage in Hauf's favor. Also lol at the play by play guy sounding like a WWF announcer.

Love that he's jumping in the air to be able to punch the taller Hauf in the head! Can't wait to get that kid in an O & B sweater.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Kylington would go way higher than Andersson if the draft was today. Andersson is a very "heavy" skater, he must improve his mobility quite a bit.

Really? (I mean him going higher?) That surprises me... from what I have seen Andersson is a far more complete player at this stage; maybe I have caught his bad Farjestad games. (only seen 2-3 I reckon.)

I know it is a different level league... but most years the teams who come up show they can compete at SHL level.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Really? (I mean him going higher?) That surprises me... from what I have seen Andersson is a far more complete player at this stage; maybe I have caught his bad Farjestad games. (only seen 2-3 I reckon.)

I know it is a different level league... but most years the teams who come up show they can compete at SHL level.

Andersson is a very good player but Kylington has more game breaking abilities IMO, his skating is as good as it gets. For me it's like comparing Adam Larsson to OEL.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia

I really hope this kid can turn himself into a legit player for us. I really love watching him fight. :laugh:

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Hägg has a goal in the game for Modo J20, slapshot from top of the face off circle. Made a play prior to the goal to take the puck from an opponent and pass it to a teammate, found an open space and got the puck back and shot it by the goalie.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Hägg has a goal in the game for Modo J20, slapshot from top of the face off circle. Made a play prior to the goal to take the puck from an opponent and pass it to a teammate, found an open space and got the puck back and shot it by the goalie.

Did he get sent down just because of the Olympic break, to get some games in?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Oh, forgot that he would be still playing during the Olympic break!

Is that 4 points in 3 J20 games this year? Pretty hard stats to find.

Nice that he can get back into the offensive swing of things... he is likely the best D man in J20 considering he had the 2nd most PPG in J20 last year behind Calle Johanson... who is a year older and played less games and got less points! And Hagg has improved since then.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Oh, forgot that he would be still playing during the Olympic break!

Is that 4 points in 3 J20 games this year? Pretty hard stats to find.

Nice that he can get back into the offensive swing of things... he is likely the best D man in J20 considering he had the 2nd most PPG in J20 last year behind Calle Johanson... who is a year older and played less games and got less points! And Hagg has improved since then.

It's his first game and goal in the Top10 series, but yes 4 points (1+3) in 3 games.

stats.swehockey.se is the site for swedish statistics for every league in Sweden from SEL to Under-10. Complete stats with live updates exist from U16 and up (some regions even below U16).

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It's his first game and goal in the Top10 series, but yes 4 points (1+3) in 3 games.

stats.swehockey.se is the site for swedish statistics for every league in Sweden from SEL to Under-10. Complete stats with live updates exist from U16 and up (some regions even below U16).

Thanks! That is very helpful, will be using it a lot in the next few weeks then!

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Thanks! That is very helpful, will be using it a lot in the next few weeks then!

No problem, just give me a hint before you let the world know you've found the next superstar in U12. :sarcasm:

If you want to watch games from all leagues livearena.com has them, from J20 to U9, broadcasted by the clubs (usually just a guy with a camera) for 59 SEK a month (in case you want to watch Hägg during Olympic break).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad