2012 NHL Draft Prospects

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am going to go out on a limb and say that Nick Ebert battles for the #1 spot in two years. Simply put, the kid is just so damn talented that he already doesnt look a step out of place in the OHL..and that says a lot for a former 15 year old USHLer heading up North for the first time.

He is going to get a ton of icetime on that blueline, though that could backfire if the team gets lit up, but I gotta believe he is going to gain a ton of experience this season that is really going to thrust him into the elite range for the draft in 2012.

MrWilson*

No Galchenyuk on these lists? 1st overall OHL draft? Not gonna crack the top 20? AD, you've said yourself this kid is the best prospect to come along in 20 years. What's changed?

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
I've heard the only reason anyone's discussing Leonid as a top prospect is because of his last name and that he's a very average-at-best player. I'm sure someone will pick him eventually based purely on his bloodlines and hope for the best though.

There's zero chance, IMO. He wouldn't be able to play in the OHL.

howitzermoose

Apr 10, 2006
For those interested, Martin Frk has looked very very good early on for the Halifax Mooseheads. Had 1G 2A last night in a win over Baie-Comeau to give him 2G 6A for 8pts in 5 games, 5th overall in scoring. He's a special player.

Also another Moosehead who's eligible in 2012 is Luca Ciampini. He's had a solid start to the season with 3pts in his first 5 games. He's yet to display his shot yet, but that will come. Ciampini along with Frk give the Mooseheads teo young, dynamic offensive players for the next 3-4 yrs.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
For those interested, Martin Frk has looked very very good early on for the Halifax Mooseheads. Had 1G 2A last night in a win over Baie-Comeau to give him 2G 6A for 8pts in 5 games, 5th overall in scoring. He's a special player.

Also another Moosehead who's eligible in 2012 is Luca Ciampini. He's had a solid start to the season with 3pts in his first 5 games. He's yet to display his shot yet, but that will come. Ciampini along with Frk give the Mooseheads teo young, dynamic offensive players for the next 3-4 yrs.

Please keep the updates on Frk coming. I hope to catch a couple of Halifax games in person this year, but don't get to see them play too much so all the first-hand info I can get on Frk is greatly appreciated.

0123456789*

Nice to hear he is showing why he has been talked about as a potential first overall level talent for a while now. Saw that he was held pointless over the weekend in those two games but based on what I heard he was dangerous in both and had plenty of chances, just no luck.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No Galchenyuk on these lists? 1st overall OHL draft? Not gonna crack the top 20? AD, you've said yourself this kid is the best prospect to come along in 20 years. What's changed?

I didnt make the list...and no Galchenyuk on anyones top 20-30 is a farce...he is the most talented kid I have ever seen come through tier-1 for his age, but let the season get going a bit before you see people really adding his name. He seems like a forgotten player to some people on here, but from what I have seen from Sarnia, he looks like a complete stud already. Him and Yakupov could be the most dynamic duo taken in a draft together from the same squad.

barnabyrules

Apr 29, 2004
Top 1994 Mn Players: I dont know if their draft year is 2012 or 2013 but just thought it might be interesting, sorry for spelling and in no particular order

Aj Michaelson

Regarded by many as the best player at this years USNDTP camp (rejected team invite). One of the fastest kids I've ever seen. He is going to be good. Expected to play this year (junior year) in US High School, then a year at Waterloo in the USHL, then moving to college.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
What would the top 10 look like now? Anyone wanna take a shot at it?

just off the top of my head maybe something like...

1. Martin Frk
2. Nail Yakupov
3. Nick Ebert
4. Alex Galyenchuk
5. Mikhail Grigorenko
6. Ryan Murray
7. Matia Marcantuoni
8. Luca Ciampini
9. Boo Nieves
10. Derrick Pouliot

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden

1. Martin Frk
2. Nail Yakupov
3. Nick Ebert
4. Alex Galyenchuk
5. Mikhail Grigorenko
6. Ryan Murray
7. Matia Marcantuoni
8. Luca Ciampini
9. Boo Nieves
10. Derrick Pouliot

My guess is that swedish top prospects Sebastian Collberg and Filip Forsberg should be in the top 10, or at least close to it.

HPJustin

Oct 11, 2010
Nebraska
www.hockeyprospect.com
Some names to keep in mind from the USHL (Not including USNTDP) for 2012 are:

Riley Barber F Dubuque
Jon Gillies G Indiana
Mark Yanis D Muskegon
Richard Zehnal F Sioux City
Ondrej Zehnal F Sioux City
Jordan Schmaltz D Sioux City
Vince Hinostroza F Waterloo

At this moment in time, Schmaltz holds the lead for USHLers for 2012. More '12 eligibles will join the legue next season and the Zehnal twins are heading to major juniors, so this list will certainly not stay the same.

HAXSAW

Oct 9, 2010

1. Martin Frk
2. Nail Yakupov
3. Nick Ebert
4. Alex Galyenchuk
5. Mikhail Grigorenko
6. Ryan Murray
7. Matia Marcantuoni
8. Luca Ciampini
9. Boo Nieves
10. Derrick Pouliot

Is Matthew Dumba projected anywhere in first round? Very good defenseman with the Red Deer Rebels, throws monstorous hits!

pouskin74*

Martin Frk havent been impressive at all but just good. however there is long way to go.

pouskin74*

Stats watch?

He's best scorer for his team, gotta count for smth.

its like you dont watch the stats? Yakupov and Galchenyuk are best players in Sarnia and among the best in whole OHL . thats impressive i would say.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Who are the RFAs Burke could sign for 6 000 000 ? :sarcasm:
Otherwise, does someone has an idea of who could be in the top 5 for that year ? I'd like to learn more about the prospects. Right now, does it look like a solid draft ? Better than 2008 ? :sarcasm:
Thanks. :]

Semin! :sarcasm:

My hometeam, the Mooseheads, have 2 guys who might go top 10 and one possibly in the top 2. Frk had 51 points, 184 PIM in 39 games in an under 20 league :laugh: He's got sick talent. I've heard Frk compared to Cam Neely and Ciampini as a Dany Heatley type.

pouskin74*

Have you even watched him?

i think its enough if there is you and view other fans looking after him:) i do have seen him in live on international tourneys but youtube helps sometimes as well+i have some friends with knowlidge and most definitely the stats are very important either. however no need to be an expert here to say that he havent been impressive in this season so far or i just dont know exactly what impressive means.....no need to overreact here, i have nothing against him and i dont care who is gonna be 1 or 5-th in draft! overall its just place on the stock and that dosnt help in NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Its a bumper crop for Defense men from the WHL

Reinhart,Walters,Murray,Gow,Pouliot,Hanson,Roy,Pulock, Reilly and Dumba have all been very good so far. You could see 7 or 8 of those guys in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad