~~ 2012 HFNHL Free Agency ~~

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Just for clarification purposes, if a player is ....for example an August 1st birthdate and turns 22 prior to September 15th, are we to go by today's date of July 11th and offer him a contract as a 21 year old player or are we to offer him a contract that will reflect his age at the start of NEXT season... as in making him 22 years old.

In simple terms, do we round up on ages between now and September 15th or simply go by the date the player shows as of today?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Hey all - Just a note about the links provided for the undrafted free agents. These links must be to evidence from a reputable source that the player has signed to play in the NHL wherever the player is entering from Europe or from the NCAA.

I already notice that GM's are submitting hockeydb links etc. which do not show the player has signed (unless the player already played games last year). I've also noticed a lot of NCAA players who have not signed pro contracts yet being given offers.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Just for clarification purposes, if a player is ....for example an August 1st birthdate and turns 22 prior to September 15th, are we to go by today's date of July 11th and offer him a contract as a 21 year old player or are we to offer him a contract that will reflect his age at the start of NEXT season... as in making him 22 years old.

In simple terms, do we round up on ages between now and September 15th or simply go by the date the player shows as of today?

He will be 22 on Sept 15 so that is the date/age we use.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Hey all - Just a note about the links provided for the undrafted free agents. These links must be to evidence from a reputable source that the player has signed to play in the NHL wherever the player is entering from Europe or from the NCAA.

An AHL contract would also be accepted, IIRC. Basically a pro contract in North America.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto

I already notice that GM's are submitting hockeydb links etc. which do not show the player has signed (unless the player already played games last year). I've also noticed a lot of NCAA players who have not signed pro contracts yet being given offers.

Geez. Sure wish I was given that type of warning last year. Just saying.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Geez. Sure wish I was given that type of warning last year. Just saying.

Funny thing is, I am one of those who made the exact same mistake this year to get disqualified, and then did it again this year, before correcting it thanks to Matt's note. Would have been shut out two years in a row! At least it would have made any roster limit a non-issue.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Funny thing is, I am one of those who made the exact same mistake this year to get disqualified, and then did it again this year, before correcting it thanks to Matt's note. Would have been shut out two years in a row! At least it would have made any roster limit a non-issue.

Send me Eberle, Eller and MacDonald, Kerdiles and Goncharov - there, roster limit problem solved! :D

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto

Oh and this makes me feel that much better

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
No links last year so it made my UDFA's intelligible.

Now a warning is being given to people making intelligible submissions.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
No links last year so it made my UDFA's intelligible.

Now a warning is being given to people making intelligible submissions.

So what are you saying? Basically I lose if people don't submit properly - people are pissed off - or I warn people and people are pissed. Just everyone submit correctly. The reason we do this is exactly because people try to cheat and sign players who are not eligible. Let's not all pile on please. I'm trying to avoid a repeat of last years fiasco

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I actually would like to make a movement that "links" be substituted for links to elite prospects pages. The site is VERY well maintained and links at the bottom of the page are collected from various sources. I think it would make life easier for all parties involved as it contains all pertinent information clearly displayed.

In truth, to find my links all I do is go there and click the link they used as "evidence" and repaste it.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Haha, I just spent about half an hour going back and removing all elite prospect links from my offers and putting in the random criteria they used to establish a connection. I hope that doesn't backfire on me. The links all look good, but some are from fan blogs, etc.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Haha, I just spent about half an hour going back and removing all elite prospect links from my offers and putting in the random criteria they used to establish a connection. I hope that doesn't backfire on me. The links all look good, but some are from fan blogs, etc.

For the record, fan blogs are not considered credible sources.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
No worries.

Honestly, for 99% of signings, capgeek is the way to go. For guys who signed AHL deals as opposed to NHL deals, the AHL player page is a good substitute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad