~~ 2012 HFNHL Free Agency ~~

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
No worries.

Honestly, for 99% of signings, capgeek is the way to go. For guys who signed AHL deals as opposed to NHL deals, the AHL player page is a good substitute.

Every player I tried to sign I put in the official release from the teams NHL page. Can't go wrong there. :D

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Is it possible to do the ranking like this:
1 Wayne Gretzky $7,500,000 4
1 Gordie Howe $7,000,000 4
2 Guy Lafleur $6,000,000 4
2 Bobby Orr $7,000,000 4
3 Denis Potvin $5,000,000 4
3 Brian Trottier $1,500,000 2
4 Bob Gainey $1,250,000 4
4 Patrick Roy $5,000,000 4

So if I sign Gretzky who is 1, but don't get Howe, then Lafleur and Orr rank no.2 and Potvin and Trottier rank no.3, etc. on my priority list?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
2 Bobby Orr $7,000,000 4

So if I sign Gretzky who is 1, but don't get Howe, then Lafleur and Orr rank no.2 and Potvin and Trottier rank no.3, etc. on my priority list?

To me you're basically saying you want 2 players. So after Gretz you would get the next player on your list.

p.s. If Jokinen gets 8 million, no way Gretzky gets 7.5. :sarcasm:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
2 Bobby Orr $7,000,000 4

I know I'm not processing the offers this year, but I thought we did away with the longer and more complicated offer structures? It's more than challenging enough for Matt and Jon with the basic priority groups of 4, I think we should leave it at that.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
To me you're basically saying you want 2 players. So after Gretz you would get the next player on your list.

p.s. If Jokinen gets 8 million, no way Gretzky gets 7.5. :sarcasm:

Heck, if Trots gets 1.5 there's no way Jokinen should get 1.0. That's robbery

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Sorry for pointing this out kind of late, but as someone else mentioned in this thread, Viktor Stalberg should not be available as an RFA, nor should Trevor Lewis.

My bad for not mentioning this earlier. I just haven't been able to read the boards much.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
It looks like a few RFA's were missed in the offer form...

Alex Goligoski
Max Pacioretty
Blair Jones
Steve Mason
David Jones

I've uploaded a new offer form to the Yahoo group.

Last edited:

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
I just noticed, but I think Blair Jones was also missed...obviously not as big a deal as MaxPac or Gogo.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
I just noticed, but I think Blair Jones was also missed...obviously not as big a deal as MaxPac or Gogo.

Hey guys regarding these 3 players, I will not let them sign until round 2. Reason being that I have offers from teams already that may or may not see that these guys are actually RFA. I want to make sure that everybody has a fair crack at these guys, as the offers are due in roughly 12 hours.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Hey guys regarding these 3 players, I will not let them sign until round 2. Reason being that I have offers from teams already that may or may not see that these guys are actually RFA. I want to make sure that everybody has a fair crack at these guys, as the offers are due in roughly 12 hours.

Good call Jon. Smart Idea.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

There are five players listed.

Alex Goligoski
Max Pacioretty
Blair Jones
Steve Mason
David Jones

Which 3 players are you referring to ?

Thanks.

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland

good decision, but too bad i already sent my offers for RFA players, dont have compensations left .. Well i might have if teams match my rfa bids

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site

That is a good idea, but if I can make a suggestion, maybe all RFAs should wait until Round 2. Some people may have made bids using compensation that they would rather spend on these players.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC

Is this really fair to the teams who own these RFA's? Making sure that teams all jump in with their offers after they fail to land someone in round 1? It's not the teams' fault that they weren't listed on the page.

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Is this really fair to the teams who own these RFA's? Making sure that teams all jump in with their offers after they fail to land someone in round 1? It's not the teams' fault that they weren't listed on the page.

Mike, typically this would happen pretty fast in the real world. The HFNHL's round 2, is basically like the 3rd or 4th day of NHL free agency, at least historically. GM's figure out pretty quickly they missed out on their first choice and make a quick move to land someone else. This is no different for RFA's versus UFA's, although NHL GM's don't really go the RFA route any more. Our process just takes longer, which makes it seem more drawn out.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Mike, typically this would happen pretty fast in the real world. The HFNHL's round 2, is basically like the 3rd or 4th day of NHL free agency, at least historically. GM's figure out pretty quickly they missed out on their first choice and make a quick move to land someone else. This is no different for RFA's versus UFA's, although NHL GM's don't really go the RFA route any more. Our process just takes longer, which makes it seem more drawn out.

We're not talking about the NHL FA process, we're talking about he HFNHL FA process. They're vastly different.

Any time theres confusion in tr rules, we take a 'GM's should have done their own research better' approach. These RFA's were listed as such on the website in more than one place.

It seems to me that if they have received offers more than their NHL contracts and acceptable to sign, they should sign like any other FA would in round 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad