2012- ATD -End of the World Draft- Sign Up Thread!

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I realize they're based on draft order, but the divisions seem very fair to me. :)

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Hey, if any of the top4 pick owners want to swap the entire set of picks (my set starts at 30th overall), please let me know :)

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Red Fisher Conference

The Jim Robson Division:

1. Bring Back Scuderi - Pittsburgh Keystones
5. Leafs Forever - Toronto St. Pats
9. Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
13. TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
17. jkrx - Winnipeg Falcons
21. chaosrevolver - Seattle Metropolitans
25. monster_bertuzzi - Vancouver Millionaires
29. Stoneberg - Halifax Mooseheads

The Foster Hewitt Division:

2. arrbez - Inglewood Jacks
6. papershoes - Kenora Thistles
10. Velociraptor - Australia Mighty Roos
14. EagleBelfour - L'équipe Nationale de France
18. Bench Brawl - Les Canadiens de Montréal
22. Dwight - West Island Lions
26. markrander87 - Cincinnati Fireworks
30. Reds4Life - Detroit Reds

Jim Coleman Conference

The Bob Cole Division:

3. Billyshoe1721 - Philadelphia Flyers
7. Hedberg & vancityluongo - Winnipeg Saints
11. Dreakmur & Hobnobs - Rogle BK
15. Modo - Dawson City Nuggets
19. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Blackhawks
23. vecens24 - Hamilton Mustangs
27. JFA87-66-99 - Pittsburgh Bankers
31. nik jr - Ak Bars Kazan

The René Lecavalier Division:

4. MadArcand - Hartford Whalers
8. Mr Bugg - Kimberley Dynamiters
12. Nalyd Psycho - Minnesota Fighting Saints
16. DaveG - Lada Togliatti
20. DoMakc - Atlanta Thrashers
24. Johnny O - 1893 Montreal AAA
28. tony d - Garnish Cougars
32. Brave Canadian - Guelph Platers
[/QUOTE]

I like the subtle change in the order of names. :naughty::sarcasm:

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
You look like some kind of mutant offspring of God Bless Canada and me.
Yes. It's kind of a tribute to GBC, one of the all time great ATDers. Plus I can be the Sherlock Holmes to your Moriarty. The Tim Tebow to your Ozzie Osbourne. ;)

Last edited:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
So I assume we change divisions with the recent swap of picks?

I don't really see a need to. We didn't last year when a couple of teams traded picks.

I think the real point of doing the divisions this way is to make sure the top 4 picks are in different divisions. After that, I don't think it matters.

Doesn't make much of a difference to me either way, but I saw it as "we got our draft positions and put into our positions. Afterwards, we made a trade."

Last edited:

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
Good to see this getting going!

One thing I'll be very interested to see is the early differentiation between the HOH board's top defensemen thread, and the order of our top 35-40 defensemen selected here.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
i can trade with you, if you want almost back to back picks.

trust me , being second last doesn't mean back to back pick.I can't count how many times in the early round I made my first pick then waited and Cognition just wasn't there so I still had to wait the damn 12 hours lol

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
... One thing I'll be very interested to see is the early differentiation between the HOH board's top defensemen thread, and the order of our top 35-40 defensemen selected here.
Other positions also. Some players always go in the top 70 in the ATD, but didn't make the HoH Top 70. Who's right? :help:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Other positions also. Some players always go in the top 70 in the ATD, but didn't make the HoH Top 70. Who's right? :help:

The ATD and a ranking list is not the same , both can be right , as even if in your three first picks the best available is a center , you just won't pick three centers back to back to back.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The ATD and a ranking list is not the same , both can be right , as even if in your three first picks the best available is a center , you just won't pick three centers back to back to back.
There is some generic fantasy sports truth in your opinion. The order in which players are taken at the same position in the ATD and the order they are ranked in the HoH Top 70 are completely different. Why don't I give specific examples? I can't mention undrafted players. That's why. :(

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
There is some generic fantasy sports truth in your opinion. The order in which players are taken at the same position in the ATD and the order they are ranked in the HoH Top 70 are completely different. Why don't I give specific examples? I can't mention undrafted players. That's why. :(

First of all in the HOH ranking it's just a average , meaning that a lot of individual list would be differant.Second of all on top of position needs there's also chemistry between 2 players that comes into play , physicality vs soft , playmaker vs goal scorer vs powerforward/glueguy , off def vs def def etc...

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn

Yes, and you're not even supposed to hint at undrafteds. Which this conversation is getting dangerously close to doing.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Yeah, I'd like to see the rundown of my picks, who's making it? VI?

just use a little math , for example in my spot ( 18th ) I only have to do +29 , +35 , +29 , +35 etc...

( -3 and +3 of 32 )

In your example I think it's +45 +19 but I didn't verify it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad