Injury Report: 2012-13 Injury Thread

coldsteel

Apr 11, 2010
Chicago
BB opposite Kane would be great.

According to csn you may get your wish.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/tracey-myers/sharp-sidelined-crawford-start-vs-avs

BB moved up to second line and DC takes his spot on the third.

"Meanwhile, with Sharp sidelined, the Blackhawks switched up their lines a bit this morning. Bryan Bickell, who has been part of the team’s stellar third line, moved up to the second with Dave Bolland and Patrick Kane. Bickell finished Wednesday’s game with the second line after Sharp left. Daniel Carcillo, who had the game-winning goal on Wednesday, will be on the third line with Andrew Shaw and Viktor Stalberg. The first and fourth lines remain the same."

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows if Hossa is playing tonight? This question is fantasy hockey related.

Not sure, no info has come out yet. My guess is yes, because these types of cloudy injuries with the Hawks tend to turn out to be nothing at all. But could just as likely be a no. Hard to say.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Damn. Would guess no, in that case.

Sucks to be going into a matchup with Anaheim missing two of the team's best four forwards.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Damn. Would guess no, in that case.

Sucks to be going into a matchup with Anaheim missing two of the team's best four forwards.

What evens it out a little more...is that Perry won't be playing tonight. Also, we face Hiller tonight instead of Fasth who completely shut the door on us last game. Hiller is still a good goalie though.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Hossa is not serious upper body... my guess is he will be back by the weekend

Next game after tonight isn't till Monday... So with that being the case, I'm fine with him resting tonight even if says he is good to go.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Alright then, I think it is time for Morin. We need to find a better solution than Hayes.

Nothingman*

Yeah. And Carcillo/Bollig/Mayers plugs won't be quality patches for that long. I am guessing the collarbone was broken or it was a severe separation.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Don't players have to go on IR for only 7 days? If so, he should have been put on IR and someone called up. Especially if Q is only going to play Carcillo for 2 minutes per game.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Injury update - Now's a good time to ...

Apparently Hossa is unlikely to play against LA and Sharp isn't ready yet either. Carcillo for whatever reason is not getting ice time, hence I reckon, Hawks are in a great position to bring up one or two RFD players and see what they can do. In order of preference, I'm thinking one (or two) of the following: Morin, Pirri, Beach. This could also serve as a showcase in case Stan has any deals in mind before the TD (yeah right).

Ben Eager

Feb 16, 2010
-Injured players need rest (Sharp - Hossa)
-Hot start, not in danger of dropping out of top 2 seeds
-3rd line is clicking together, no point in breaking up line
-You know what you have in Carcillo, Mayers, and Bollig
Seems like the perfect recipe to bring a few guys up and see what they can do, but I still don't see it happening. I really hope i'm wrong. I don't think Q or management is as high on some of the prospects as most of us on the boards.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Apparently Hossa is unlikely to play against LA and Sharp isn't ready yet either. Carcillo for whatever reason is not getting ice time, hence I reckon, Hawks are in a great position to bring up one or two RFD players and see what they can do. In order of preference, I'm thinking one (or two) of the following: Morin, Pirri, Beach. This could also serve as a showcase in case Stan has any deals in mind before the TD (yeah right).

Today's newspaper indicates Carcillo's knee is not fully recovered, thus limiting his abilities and ice time. Not sure that I'm buying that.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Today's newspaper indicates Carcillo's knee is not fully recovered, thus limiting his abilities and ice time. Not sure that I'm buying that.

Why not? It was pretty obvious that something was limiting his ice time.

Oh yeah I remember, you were one of those that concluded he wouldn't play another game with Hawks after his suspension/injury.

Anyway back on topic. Rest Sharp, Carcillo and Hossa and bring up the kids and see what they're made of. It doesn't look like RFD is the best place to develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad