2009-10 HFNHL Awards Voting

Default101

Phoenix's Nominations in order of team name, Just giving my own perspective. Sent my acual winner to Brock, but these are my finalists for every award

Steve Wright Top GM Award
Brock Otten (Florida Panthers)
Rich Epstein (New Jersey Devils)
Abbas Chagani (Toronto Maple Leafs)

Calder Memorial Trophy
Steven Stamkos (Atlanta Thrashers)
Zach Bogosian (Montreal Canadiens)
Kyle Okposo (New York Islanders)

Jack Adams Award
John Tortorella (Anaheim Ducks)
Dan Bylsma (Boston Bruins)
Todd McLellan (Florida Panthers)

Hart Memorial Trophy
Nicklas Lidstrom (Detroit Red Wings)
Marian Gaborik (New York Islanders)
Ray Whitney (San Jose Sharks)

Lady Byng Trophy
Thomas Vanek (New Jersey Devils)
Brad Richards (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Daniel Alfredsson (St. Louis Blues)

James Norris Trophy
Dion Phaneuf (Carolina Hurricanes)
Zdeno Chara (St. Louis Blues)

Frank J. Selke Trophy
Mikko Koivu (Boston Bruins)
Travis Zajac (Montreal Canadiens)
Ryan Kesler (Ottawa Senators)

Georges Vezina Trophy
Pekka Rinne (Anaheim Ducks)
Nicklas Backstrom (Calgary Flames)
Martin Brodeur (Vancouver Canucks)

Mark Messier Leadership Award
Daniel Alfredsson (St. Louis Blues)

Nicklas Lidstrom leads the way for me with 3 nominations, Gaborik and Alfresson both have 2.

It should be interesting to see how the Hart Trophy is judged. Personally I like the philosophy of the most important player to his team should win, and under that basis some of the best players on my list didn't become a finalist. Malkin and Brodeur both could be the best player in the league this year, but both of them equally were huge for Vancouver, where as the 3 finalists I had were so impactful for their team in terms of making them contenders I felt they were most deserving.

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
Unfortunately, while Rinne is listed as a rookie on the Ducks roster, he actually appeared in 26 games last year (mostly after Khabibulin got yanked!), thus making him ineligible for the Calder.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

Thank God! Stamkos for Calder, or Voracek or Doughty :)

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Hart Memorial Trophy
Ray Whitney (San Jose Sharks)

It should be interesting to see how the Hart Trophy is judged. Personally I like the philosophy of the most important player to his team should win, and under that basis some of the best players on my list didn't become a finalist. Malkin and Brodeur both could be the best player in the league this year, but both of them equally were huge for Vancouver, where as the 3 finalists I had were so impactful for their team in terms of making them contenders I felt they were most deserving.

Didn't Ray Whitney play the majority of his season with Gaborik and the Islanders? ;)

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Candidates from Tampa Bay

- Calder Memorial Trophy (top rookie, regular season)
Bobby Ryan. Bobby finished 2nd in the rookie scoring race after scoring 28 goals and having 40 assist for 68 points 82 games. Was also +7 and had 199 hits. Bobby Ryan is Tampas candidate for Calder Memorial Trophy.

- Lady Byng Memorial Trophy (most gentlemanly player, regular season)
Daniel Sedin. Sedin was Tampas leading scorer with 37 goals and 41 assist for 78 points in 79 games with just 9 minutes in the penalty box and just 27 hits.

HFNHL All Star

Left Wing
Johan Franzén. Franzén also had 37 goals and 37 assist for 74 points in 75 games. Johan was a long time the all leading scorer in the league but an injury the last couple of weeks of the season stoped him from winning the Rocket Richard Trophy.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Bruins votes are in. An now our 'Good Guys Wear Black...and Gold' list:

Steve Wright Award: Don't vote for me - it was my coach...

Jack Adams: Dan Bylsma has done a tremendous job this year turning this team into a competitive, cohesive unit of disciplined warriors. The Bruins finished the season amongst the top 10 teams in every offensive category, including a 3rd overall powerplay and a 4th overall Goals For HFNHL season finish. This is the highest the team has performed in these categories in the last 3 years. They stayed out of the box accumulating the 7th best fewest minutes per game, while remaining defensive enough ( 11th overall in the leave for goals against ) to ensure win after win. He made the right trades at the right times, adding pieces that ended up being key contributers ( Hagman ) while not mortgaging the future of the organization. He is a top coach and gave us a balanced, strong up the middle attack that outperformed many other teams that looked much better on paper.

Selke: Take your pick - Jarret Stoll and Mikko Koivu both put in top SH minutes, were +12 and +7 ( while playing less time on the PP - Stoll hardly played on the PP and had checking line duty ALL year so these numbers are not padded ). Koivu also won over 58% of all faceoffs ( 4th in the league ) - key when killing penalties. Either are worthy. Both are assistant captains.

Hart: Take your pick - Prince Vince or Koivu. Both guys in the top 10 for faceoff% in the league. Both players played 82 games, stayed healthy and led the team ( captain and assistant captain ). Prince Vince was tied with one other as the top point producing centerman in the eastern conference. Koivu was the best two-way centerman in the league. Loui Eriksson is also a candidate here as he led this team in points - 3rd overall in the league for Right Wingers. The offensive production came from these three guys night in and night out. And look where they've taken the team. None were irresponsible defensively.

Vezina: Legace. 82 games played. Any other goalies carry their team for 82 games? NO. Compared to other starting goaltenders - how many had an OV of 72? Legace finished 3rd best in the league with a .910 save percentage, providing a great last line of defence for the team on its way to the playoffs. He continues to outperform the likes of many higher rated goaltenders.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Late to the post, he's unlikely to attract many votes, but Jere Lehtinen managed 52 points including 24 goals as a defensive forward for Columbus, and in 76 games earned only 2 penalty minutes. A serious candidate for the Lady Byng if his name had been offered earlier in the voting window.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad