2007 Born for the 2023 Draft

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I hope with that other site closing down we don’t bring that group of parents into these discussions.

On a side note I will be watching mostly ETA again this year will provide updates.

There’s a few exhibition games this weekend.

I think this could also be one of if not the strongest year for Alliance in a looooong time.lots of teams in that league will
Be making appearances on Sundays at the big events. The scta as well.
Parents are notorious in these discussions no matter what - it gets real bad in the QMJHL thread.

At the same time though - some insights these parents have are invaluable, they just have to keep the bias of their own kids out of it.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
A kid I‘ve been hearing good things about is Matheus Stark - could very well be a name to watch.

Also to further on the Henry Nansi thing - I could see him going first round this year - he is absolutely not on Roobroeck, Moore, Misa level, probably isn’t even on Griffin/Weir level but a kid to keep an eye on this year for sure.

Class just keep on getting stronger and stronger.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Parents are notorious in these discussions no matter what - it gets real bad in the QMJHL thread.

At the same time though - some insights these parents have are invaluable, they just have to keep the bias of their own kids out of it.

as long as they are totally honest about who they are and what the motivation for posting, dont take shots at others, etc, then they should totally post on here.

if they take shots at their kids teammates, other players, hide their interests and pretend that they are just impartial observers, then they should opt out. they always get discovered anyways and does nothing but bad for the kid. hockey is small and scouts find out about parents quick.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
A kid I‘ve been hearing good things about is Matheus Stark - could very well be a name to watch.

Also to further on the Henry Nansi thing - I could see him going first round this year - he is absolutely not on Roobroeck, Moore, Misa level, probably isn’t even on Griffin/Weir level but a kid to keep an eye on this year for sure.

Class just keep on getting stronger and stronger.
Ottawa area kids always get overrated. Not a strong league out there.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I wouldn’t say “a lot“.

the competition up there isn’t very good if that makes sens

I wouldn’t say “a lot“.

the competition up there isn’t very good if that makes sense.
I can see 50 players from the Ottawa area on a list that made the NHL. Some highly skilled players included. Everyone with any hockey knowledge knows the GTA is highly scouted, and the majority of players drafted to the OHL probably come from that area. In saying that how many players are playing on those teams that have moved to those areas to further their chances of being drafted? Not every player drafted from the GTA turns into a star in the OHL. I admit my hockey knowledge is extremely limited especially when it comes to the OHL draft and the areas where players come. Maybe you have a better handle on this and follow the prospects and have a point.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Toronto Titans early bird tournament starts tomorrow, followed by the Wendy Dufton in London, ON next weekend. Should be interesting to see the new crop of talent this year

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
At 5 PM today, the Toronto Titans Early Bird Tournament final:

Mississauga Senators vs. Toronto Marlies

Interesting subplot with William Moore (now with the Marlies) facing his former team.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Just be to be fair to both sides, what Ottawa area kids in the last 10 years are in the NHL?
are you talking about drafting the best player for the ohl or the nhl? when i was working, nhl didnt matter, we wanted good ohl players.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
are you talking about drafting the best player for the ohl or the nhl? when i was working, nhl didnt matter, we wanted good ohl players.
I am just responding to Bobber saying that there are alot of NHL players coming out of Ottawa and just asking to confirm for the chat. Not trying to be a smart butt, and just looking for a constructive discussion.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I am just responding to Bobber saying that there are alot of NHL players coming out of Ottawa and just asking to confirm for the chat. Not trying to be a smart butt, and just looking for a constructive discussion.
fair, i missed that

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Is it lean, though? Mississauga is close in size to Ottawa, and here is Mississauga's list (looks similar to Ottawa's)

Edmonton is around that size, and although they have more that have played in the NHL that are 40 years old or younger, if you filter out the ones who were only there for a cup of coffee, the list is again similar in size.

Interesting discussion.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
if you sort it by the last 10/15 years it is pretty lean, u18 league hurt players big time
Time flies, I thought it was ~5 yrs since HEO went U18. Last few years seem to be better, 3 selected in top 11 of OHL priority draft this year.

Edit: Was it other leagues went to U16 to match GTHL, but not HEO?

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Time flies, I thought it was ~5 yrs since HEO went U18. Last few years seem to be better, 3 selected in top 11 of OHL priority draft this year.

Edit: Was it other leagues went to U16 to match GTHL, but not HEO?
heo was u16, they were for as long as i remember, they flipped to heo being controlled by the cchl, who started collecting fees. it was a cash grab

Is it lean, though? Mississauga is close in size to Ottawa, and here is Mississauga's list (looks similar to Ottawa's)

Edmonton is around that size, and although they have more that have played in the NHL that are 40 years old or younger, if you filter out the ones who were only there for a cup of coffee, the list is again similar in size.

Interesting discussion.
not sure, just know that they at one point had probably the second deepest league to the worst, going from 5/6 u16 teams to 12 u18 teams has been poor. they have kids that never should have played aaa hockey. thats why so many have been leaving the league in the past few years.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
heo was u16, they were for as long as i remember, they flipped to heo being controlled by the cchl, who started collecting fees. it was a cash grab

not sure, just know that they at one point had probably the second deepest league to the worst, going from 5/6 u16 teams to 12 u18 teams has been poor. they have kids that never should have played aaa hockey. thats why so many have been leaving the league in the past few years.
HEO is supposed to be bringing u16 AAA back next year. It may end up bringing elite transfers in, as opposed to losing high end guys.

Reactions: ktownhockey

snipes29

Sep 24, 2022

that will never happen it,s all about little Johnny lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad