Goalie – Mateo Beites, Northern Ontario Defense – Cole Emerton, ETA
Defense – Patrick Babin, SCTA
Forward – Logan Hawery, ETA
Forward – Braidy Wassilyn, GTA
Forward – Nik Rossetto, Northern Ontario

2022 – 2008 ONTARIO PROSPECTS SECOND TEAM ALL-STARS

Goalie – Cameron Ingram, Northern Ontario
Defense – Zachary Nyman, GTA
Defense – Luca Blonda, Northern Ontario Forward – Maximus Crete, Ottawa District Forward – Dillon Atkinson, SCTA
Forward – Alessandro Di Iorio, GTA

what does the 08s have to do with the 07 draft?

leafblower1982

Jun 16, 2022
Draftday Top Prospects Tournament this past weekend. Team GTA defeated Team SCTA 5-0 in the finals. Numerous OHL scouts and coaches in attendance.

Second Team All-Stars
F: Jacob Cloutier (Ottawa District)
F: Cooper Dennis (North America)
F: Ryan Roobroeck (Alliance West)
D: Anthony Dicarlo (GTA)
D: Tanner Lawson (SCTA)
G: Jaeden Nelson (Ottawa District)

First Team All-Stars
F: Tyler Hopkins (SCTA)
F: Brady Martin (Alliance East)
F: Lev Katzin (GTA)
D: Matthew Schaefer (SCTA)
D: Luke Dragusica (GTA)
G: Abel Polan (GTA)
Luke Dragusica will be the first Dman drafted in 2023

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Does anyone have a good feel for the quality / depth comparison of the 2023 draft class compared to the 2022? Too early to know ?

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Maybe this is bit of a tad early but, I can't imagine looking at the 2023 OHL draft class this early we haven't even seen what the 2022 class can do yet.

I know it nice to have these threads here but I'll start looking at them in January or February when we have a better idea of what will be next up.

Reactions: Gondrex

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Does anyone know anything about Hong Yu Wang of the Jr. Canadiens? Put up similar totals to O'Brien, Yannin and Malkhassian. But he is Chinese. Is he eligible for the OHL draft next season or would he have to go through the import draft? Will he represent Canada internationally? Would love some help with this!
If Hong Yu Wang is back playing in Ontario this year, he will be eligible for the OHL priority draft.

A few Russian players have taken this "backdoor" approach by coming (moving?) to Ontario to play their U16 year (or earlier), making them Ontario residents and then they qualify for the OHL priority draft.........
Daniil Chayka (JRC), Pavel Gogolev (CIHA), Semyon Der-Arguchintsev (CIHA), Artem Guryev (Marlies)

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Luke Dragusica will be the first Dman drafted in 2023
Good size and skater, but if he is #1 dman taken then weak d group for 07s. Just my opinion.

Its still early, but watched some Wednesday Summer Hockey and he was ok but at least 4-5 dmen in that league outplayed him. Schaefer in Waterloo I hear is a stud but have not watched. Velliaris looks good. Cameron on COW is a real good player.

Last edited:

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Roebroek
Moore
Griffin
Martin
Stark
Atty
Weir
Hopkins
Schaefer
Romano

So far have impressed me or heard really good things of and should make up most of top 10.

Reactions: flamebird

Brad Palmer

Sep 21, 2012
I coached the 2007's in Waterloo and there was no Schaefer at any Rep level...is he an import from another AAA centre?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Maybe meant Hamilton? Matt Schaefer is a defenseman there unless he moved to Waterloo in the off season.

Hockeyfan1980

Jun 5, 2022
The Toronto Maple Leafs/Gatorade Fuelling the Future Invitational Camp ran this past weekend. Does anyone know someone who went and can post the list of attendees?

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
A couple of notable 2007s who played a year up have announced where they're going to be playing this upcoming season. William Moore (played with the Missy Sens last year) will play with the Toronto Marlies this upcoming season and Owen Griffin (played with the Markham Waxers last year) will play with the York-Simcoe Express this upcoming season.

Reactions: DraftEligibleOHL
Jul 6, 2008
GTA
A couple of notable 2007s who played a year up have announced where they're going to be playing this upcoming season. William Moore (played with the Missy Sens last year) will play with the Toronto Marlies this upcoming season and Owen Griffin (played with the Markham Waxers last year) will play with the York-Simcoe Express this upcoming season.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
YSE went 28-2-2 without him last year. They're gonna be a real force

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Good size and skater, but if he is #1 dman taken then weak d group for 07s. Just my opinion.

Its still early, but watched some Wednesday Summer Hockey and he was ok but at least 4-5 dmen in that league outplayed him. Schaefer in Waterloo I hear is a stud but have not watched. Velliaris looks good. Cameron on COW is a real good player.

Schaefer played for the Jr. Bulldogs last year and is in Halton this year. That Bulldogs team had a big exodus of players.

Last edited:

SCTA26

Jul 16, 2022
Schaefer played for the Jr. Bulldogs last year and is in Halton this year. That Bulldogs team had a big exodus of players.
Schaefer will be a top pick in the upcoming draft, good skater with offensive mindset. A couple diamonds in the rough will be Dickinson for Niagara North!he had a coming out in the OMHA heard its only 2nd year at the position and hasnt come close to potential. Another one will be Arnold in Hamilton, another bid player with offensive flair, will need to play a more physical game

Reactions: Jawk

Hockeyfan1980

Jun 5, 2022
The Toronto Maple Leafs/Gatorade Fuelling the Future Invitational Camp ran this past weekend. Does anyone know someone who went and can post the list of attendees?
Pictures and video have been released, attendees were:

F
Costello
Griffin
Hopkins
Katzin
Kostuch
B.Martin
J.Martin
Meli
Moore
Romano
Stark
Weir
Witkowski

D
Jackson
Lawson
Oldenhof
Reid
Schaefer

G
Butler
Herman
Ivankovic
Nelson

Some names missing but otherwise a solid list. No Ottawa skater representation which is a surprise. No Roobroeck either.

Were OHL teams watching? The Dickinson and Hage trades were shortly after this camp and both Kitchener and Niagara will now get extra 2023 first round picks. Maybe they saw something?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Pictures and video have been released, attendees were:

F
Costello
Griffin
Hopkins
Katzin
Kostuch
B.Martin
J.Martin
Meli
Moore
Romano
Stark
Weir
Witkowski

D
Jackson
Lawson
Oldenhof
Reid
Schaefer

G
Butler
Herman
Ivankovic
Nelson

Some names missing but otherwise a solid list. No Ottawa skater representation which is a surprise. No Roobroeck either.

Were OHL teams watching? The Dickinson and Hage trades were shortly after this camp and both Kitchener and Niagara will now get extra 2023 first round picks. Maybe they saw something?
ohl teams are banned from watching non ohf/oha events. plus, scouts want to enjoy their summers. you probalby would have guys who make money of summer hockey there, that would be it i would think.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
I hope with that other site closing down we don’t bring that group of parents into these discussions.

On a side note I will be watching mostly ETA again this year will provide updates.

There’s a few exhibition games this weekend.

I think this could also be one of if not the strongest year for Alliance in a looooong time.lots of teams in that league will
Be making appearances on Sundays at the big events. The scta as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad