2007/2008 Endorsements

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Quick question....for Mtn Dew...

"Mountain Due
Eligibility:
3/ the player must remain unsigned and on the team’s prospect list"

Why must he be unsigned? I signed undrafted Jerome Samson and he's just 20 but having a great year for Albany. Why disqualify him from any bonus?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Quick question....for Mtn Dew...

"Mountain Due
Eligibility:
3/ the player must remain unsigned and on the team’s prospect list"

Why must he be unsigned? I signed undrafted Jerome Samson and he's just 20 but having a great year for Albany. Why disqualify him from any bonus?

I believe it's because you're gaining the use of the player (albeit with non-existent ratings).

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I'm not trying to get this bonus this year. I just think it's something that should be changed for next year. Perhaps a clause saying "undrafted free agents under 21 can be signed and are able to earn Mtn Dew bonuses. However, these FA's are not allowed to be brought up to your active roster."

Just an idea.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'm not trying to get this bonus this year. I just think it's something that should be changed for next year. Perhaps a clause saying "undrafted free agents under 21 can be signed and are able to earn Mtn Dew bonuses. However, these FA's are not allowed to be brought up to your active roster."

Just an idea.

Worth consideration, the idea being to reward GMs who are smart about signing young FAs, not just those who draft well...

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Nick Spaling won the William Hanley trophy for most sportsmanlike player of the OHL, is that considered a major award?, its not clarified what is considered major and what is not considered major.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Karl Alzner was named WHL Eastern Conference Player of the Year. Is that enough to to get the million, or must he beat out Yellow Horn to win WHL Player of the Year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad