2007/2008 Endorsements

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Anaheim signs up for:

Local Radio Network Deal
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with an average attendance of 75% capacity.
Cost Fee: $1,000,000
Revenue: $2,000,000

PowerAde
Player’s team CANNOT endorse Pepsi Cola Company
Criteria: Team must have a player 25 or younger who scores 25 or more goals in the regular season.
Revenue: $2,500,000

Mountain Due
Fee: $1 million
Revenue: $1 million per player qualified (limit of one award per individual player and to a maximum of $4 million)

Total Fees: $3,000,000
Potential Revenue: $8,500,000

HFNHL Red Wings

Detroit signs up for the following:

ABC Sports (80% Capacity)
GM Motor Company (.500+ road record)
Nike (Make playoffs and win 1st rnd)
Verizon (Dman w/ 55+ assists)

Cost - $4M
Potential Revenue - $10.5M

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I know its passed the deadline

But after 4 months off the Hawks GM has been busy with work and it slipped my mind. If the league allows it The Hawks wish to sign up for the Mountain Dew award.

Cost: $1,000,000
Revenue: $4,000,000 potentially

Cheers

Default101

Phoenix would like to sign up for their first Endorsement under their new GM... (didn't really understand them well enough or my team's potential last year)

Mountain Due
Fee: $1 million
Revenue: $1 million per player qualified (limit of one award per individual player and to a maximum of $4 million)

Default101

nevermind i just realized i missed the deadline... unless the league is willing to give me a pass on this..

Default101

i was wondering if maybe there could be a bit of a debate about the amount of points an NCAA player needs to get... there were 9 players in the OHL alone.. i believe 6 in the Q that achieved 100, there wer about a handful that got the EL one, and about 8 that would have got the AHL one, but only 1 player in the NCAA was capable of putting up 60 pts. and there were some really good offensive players, but the one to acheieve it was Eric Ehn... just thought i'd throw that ont he table it isn't a big deal, but i thought it might be worth alittle discussion...

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
i was wondering if maybe there could be a bit of a debate about the amount of points an NCAA player needs to get... there were 9 players in the OHL alone.. i believe 6 in the Q that achieved 100, there wer about a handful that got the EL one, and about 8 that would have got the AHL one, but only 1 player in the NCAA was capable of putting up 60 pts. and there were some really good offensive players, but the one to acheieve it was Eric Ehn... just thought i'd throw that ont he table it isn't a big deal, but i thought it might be worth alittle discussion...

I've always kind of thought this as well. Hensick actually hit 60 last year too, but still that only means 2 guys, instead of 1. I think 50 could be a better number to reach for. I think that about 10 hit that last year, and it included some solid players like Oshie, Cogliano, etc.

Last edited:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I've always kind of thought this as well. Hensick actually hit 60 last year too, but still that only means 2 guys, instead of 1. I think 50 could be a better number to reach for. I think that about 50 hit that last year, and it included some solid players like Oshie, Cogliano, etc.

Agreed. 60 is a little too high.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
I know I felt robbed when Kevin Porter and Jack Johnson each fell one point short of qualifying!

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Agreed re the NCAA limits (there was a time quite a few hit it as I recall). There are a few others that should also be revisited, but the best time is closer to the end of this year if someone can be discplined enough to look into the respective qualifying players over the last few years (or even this year) for each qualifying element of the MD deal.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Agreed re the NCAA limits (there was a time quite a few hit it as I recall). There are a few others that should also be revisited, but the best time is closer to the end of this year if someone can be discplined enough to look into the respective qualifying players over the last few years (or even this year) for each qualifying element of the MD deal.

I've also been looking at the NCAA limits and a change would be fair. I could probably take on that task and sort through the league scoring over the past few years.

well I must apologise gentlemen. i had honestly thought i had picked my endorsements and posted on the board. guess its too late now. oh well :shakehead

as for Cohen i'm going to plead his case. He's been living at mine (no access to computer) and gioven i'd forgotten to mention it to him again, He is pretty deserving of a break IMO, but I'll leave that in the hands of the league.

Sorry! :cry:

Last edited:
With the court permitting i'd like to nominate myself and Cohen for the following endorsements. Once again, his case should be heard before mine, given the exceptional circumstances!

Cohen's picks
TSN
KOHO
MASTER LOCK
TIM HORTON'S

And my picks...

ABC
KOHO
GATORADE
GM MOTOR COMPANY

I shall leave it to the Admin team to decide...:bow:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
With the court permitting i'd like to nominate myself and Cohen for the following endorsements. Once again, his case should be heard before mine, given the exceptional circumstances!

Cohen's picks
TSN
KOHO
MASTER LOCK
TIM HORTON'S

And my picks...

ABC
KOHO
GATORADE
GM MOTOR COMPANY

I shall leave it to the Admin team to decide...:bow:

I know there were a couple teams that were about 1 day late that were given a break, but 1 week seems awful late to me. Especially since this was posted 3 weeks ago :dunno:

Abbas?

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
I discussed this with Nick, we will excuse your tardiness this time, you are welcome to sign up for any of the endorsements besides mountain due.

Please add the cost to your post above.

AC

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
I know there were a couple teams that were about 1 day late that were given a break, but 1 week seems awful late to me. Especially since this was posted 3 weeks ago :dunno:

Abbas?

Sean,

I agree with you, but in this situation neither team is receiving an unfair advantage over any other team.

AC

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
PowerAde
Criteria: Team must have a player 25 or younger who scores 25 or more goals in the regular season.
Revenue: $2,500,000

Quick question, and I think I know the answer, but want to be sure:

Does this mean 25 goals in the NHL, or the HFNHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad