3)Toews
4)Mueller
5)Vasyunov
6)Little
7)Staal
8)Joenssu
9)Sheppard
10)Maxwell

This draft's top 10 absolutely blows 2005's out of the water.

That really does seem to be said every year.

I'd feel very safe betting that at least half those guys don't go top ten and a couple may even drop out of the first round. Why, you ask? Because that also happens every year.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Doomsday Device said:
Hm, I didn't know Kyle Okposo was black. Learn something new. :)

I actually just informed Neg on another thread but I guess he didn't trust the information I gave him and/or wanted more. Okposo actually has the same hertiage as Iginla (white mother and Nigerian father).

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
monster_bertuzzi said:
My top 10:

1)Kessel
2)Frolik
3)Toews
4)Mueller
5)Vasyunov
6)Little
7)Staal
8)Joenssu
9)Sheppard
10)Maxwell

Another one?

Jesus their parents must have ****ed like bunnies.

DarthKoRn

Jul 15, 2005
Pembroke
monster_bertuzzi said:
My top 10:

1)Kessel
2)Frolik
3)Toews
4)Mueller
5)Vasyunov
6)Little
7)Staal
8)Joenssu
9)Sheppard
10)Maxwell

Kessel > Crosby?

I think not.

X-SHARKIE

Since we're throwing top 10's out there.

1. Phill Kessel - no question, best skater in years along with everything else offensive and one of the best shots i've seen.
2. Michael Frolik - very impressive at the U-20 with his mature play.
3. Jordan Staal- Raw, not as far along as his brother, but he is bigger already and could have even bigger upside.
4. Peter Mueller - move to the dub could put him top 2 IMO, he's that talented. Already has a mans body and is very talented. Best PF in the draft.
5. Johnathan Toews - really left me impressed at the U-17's. Excellent skater and playmaker, mature game.
6. Brian Little - haven't seen him, but his numbers and abilities are hard to ignore.
7. James Sheppard - Another excellent prospect at the U-17's...great size and ability, someone compared him to Modano at this age.
8. Jesse Joensuu - big PF, impressed at U-20's.. Upside is so big as a PF could go as high as #1.
9. Igor Makarov - scored six goals for Russia at the U-18's.. He plays hard and is a force in the slot.
10. David Ruzicka - Impressed at the U-18's...already has the pro package of size and skill from the back end.
11. Eric Johnson - huge upside, he's big, solid on his skates, and moves the puck, could be dominating but isn't yet.
12. Jiri Tlusty - Impressive U-17's, so-so U-18's...Talented forward no question.
13. David Kventon - incredible playmaker, was impressive at the U-18 tournament.
14. Nicklas Backstrom - already very mature, impressive playmaker and his faceoff ability is the best in the world at his age level.
15. Alexander Vasyunov - Arguably the most talented draft eligible Russian. Gamebreaking ability.

Okposo had a great U-17 and is the best draft eligible player in the USHL in recent memory... The kid is one hell of a skater, awesome shot that carries nasty power, and he also has a powerforward body with soft hands. Now if he could only learn how to share the puck more effectively :sarcasm: I saw him play vs the Madison Capitals 2 years ago with Shattuck and he was subpurb. I'll never forget him. I'm his age so when I saw him play, he was the best local player i've seen at the time...well aside from Kessel and Skille :)

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Kafka said:
Aren't there 5 Staal brothers?

There is 4. Eric,Marc,Jordan,and 1 other who will be eligible in 07 or 08?

Does anyone have a scouting report on some of the top draftees?

i.e: Frolik,Mueller,Sheppard,Joensuu,Toews,Little ...thanks for any help!

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
KStewart113 said:
There is 4. Eric,Marc,Jordan,and 1 other who will be eligible in 07 or 08?

Does anyone have a scouting report on some of the top draftees?

i.e: Frolik,Mueller,Sheppard,Joensuu,Toews,Little ...thanks for any help!
Jared is born in 1990. he's eligible is this years OHL Draft and the 2008 NHL draft.

My top 10:
1.Kessel
2.Frolik
3.Little
4.Mueller
5.Vasyunov
6.Marcinko
7.Sheppard
8.Maxwell
9.Toews
10.Staal

Last edited:

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Jared is born in 1990. he's eligible is this years OHL Draft and the 2008 NHL draft.

My top 10:
1.Kessel
2.Frolik
3.Little
4.Mueller
5.Vasyunov
6.Marcinko
7.Sheppard
8.Maxwell
9.Toews
10.Staal

does anyone know a site where we can see a scouts top 10?

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Naru said:
On the forth Staal, His he expected to go high in the OHL draft?

He's alright... I don't even think he leads his team in scoring in minor hockey... However I heard he'll be right up their in this years draft I'll let you know after I watch him progress this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad