2 forwards to expose in expansion draft (using 7/3 protection)?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Protect:

Drai, Lucic, RNH and Maroon
Larsson, Sekera, Klef and Davidson

Trade:

Ebs for a 1st or 2 2nds

I know this is not the 7-3 format. But I feel the team is better going forward with these 8 players protected

Davidson isn't that good at this point to warrant this.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Davidson isn't that good at this point to warrant this.

With everything considered. Contract and position, Davidson is more important IMO. He's also Chia and Mclelland type of player. We can always sign a winger through free agency to replace Ebs.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
With everything considered. Contract and position, Davidson is more important IMO. He's also Chia and Mclelland type of player. We can always sign a winger through free agency to replace Ebs.

With everything Actually considered, he's not a good enough player to warrant the ratio switch.

You can protect, all of Draisaitl, Lucic, Nuge, Eberle, Maroon, Letestu and Kassian, which just makes so much more sent.

You say that, but replacements in Free-Agency can very easily turn into Ladd or Clarkson.

Davidson hasn't done anything close for the Oilers to blow up their ratio.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
With everything Actually considered, he's not a good enough player to warrant the ratio switch.

You can protect, all of Draisaitl, Lucic, Nuge, Eberle, Maroon, Letestu and Kassian, which just makes so much more sent.

You say that, but replacements in Free-Agency can very easily turn into Ladd or Clarkson.

I think if we see the same Davidson for the rest of this year like we did last year he is worth protecting. But that was a relatively small sample size and so far he has not been as good.

I think it's almost guaranteed even playing like he is that he will be taken if left exposed.

Our depth at left defense "should" make the pain of losing him easier to bear. But it sucks to lose a good player with even more potential for nothing.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

So 4th liners are more important than a 4/5 Dman?

Trade Ebs and lose Pou. That frees up 10M of cap space.

I would pick up Tkachev. Looks like the next Panarin to me. Would probably only cost us 1M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad