Post-Game Talk: 2/9/18 | Canucks 1 @ Hurricanes 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I got free tickets to the game on the 14th...gave them away to a random kid near False Creek.

I have yet to watch an entire game in 2 years...I am a hockey fan and see that the product is beyond god awful. Each year that goes by is a year gone in attracting new young fans.

Reactions: Krnuckfan

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Why we still have a hack like Ron Delorme after all of his years of mediocrity is disgusting.
Ron Delorme is a made man. He'll be chief scout for as long as he cares to be, regardless of regime. Team presidents and general managers come and they go, Delorme is impervious to this. Men like Ron Delorme and Stan Smyl needn't worry about who is 'running' the hockey operation; they know that person is a figurehead and their positions in the organization are permanent. They just get on with their jobs.

Reactions: Ozone

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I'm glad Markstrom called out on the team playing infront of him.
Useless vets.

Ron Delorme is a made man. He'll be chief scout for as long as he cares to be, regardless of regime. Presidents and general managers come and they go, Delorme is impervious to this. Men like Ron Delorme and Stan Smyl needn't worry about who is 'running' the hockey operation; they know that person is a figurehead and their positions in the organization are permanent. They just get on wit their jobs.

Which is a bloody f***ing disgrace.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Brutal looking game glad I missed this one

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I'm glad Markstrom called out on the team playing infront of him.
Useless vets.

Which is a bloody ****ing disgrace.

I hadn't heard about this but it doesn't surprise me. I didn't like his body language after the fourth goal. He seemed to be absolving himself a little bit there. I wasn't very impressed to be honest. I nearly mentioned this in the game thread.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Had other things to do. Glad I missed it.

Is Boeser day to day?

Also have no problem with markstrom comments.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Markstrom says what everyone is thinking- he sucks, the team sucks and everything about them is depressing.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Markstrom says what everyone is thinking- he sucks, the team sucks and everything about them is depressing.
Nonsense, this team is stacked with high character veterans, it is a reflection of Benning and Linden character. It is impossible for morale and effort to be anything less that excellent with that much mentoring.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Markstrom said he shouldn’t be in the NHL and neither should a lot of the team.

Most honest comment from any Canuck player , coach or management I’ve heard in probably 3 years.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Most honest comment from any Canuck player , coach or management I’ve heard in probably 3 years.

He may get his wish.....at the very least he'll be a backup next year to Demko, which realistically is all Markstrom has ever been in the NHL and ever will be....a 25-30 game a year backup.

And I also get so tired with the media talking heads saying you must have veteran players on the ice to 'mentor' the kids....can anyone tell me what kind of 'mentoring' the Canuck kids are getting from guys like Sutter and Erkisson.?...are they learning what it takes to run to the bank and cash your bloated paycheck for which you haven't earned 10 cents of it with your play?.....were either of those guys even on the ice tonight?

Where is the late Bill LaForge when you need him....with "pride, hustle and desire".

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

This one ranks up there with "We choked" for brutal honesty.

Is it possible that there is a nation of people more apologetic, humble and as honest as Canadians?

Reactions: Ozone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad