Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
No, they should not be making more than 4m in total
Ideally I don't want to see them comeback
The Canucks is Vancouver's team, not the Sedins team
Agreed. Their numbers 5-5 this season should really spell retirement. Some decent o and pp numbers arent enough. The balance is bad esp considering the salary Benning will offer

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The universe is unfolding as it should.....the Sedins have their 1,000 points and have to be heavily leaning to retirement......the on-ice product is an 'embarrassment' and the owner doesn't strike me as a guy who wears ' shame and embarrassment' easily....which leads to inevitable changes in the hockey ops higher-ups....and one more decent draft, and the Canucks will actually be in the top-five in terms of their prospect pool in the assessment of independent scouting services.

Then a new management regime can come in with a clean slate to clean up the mess left behind of 'foundational' player who aren't.....waiver-wire pickups who need to be back on waivers; and the 'failed prospects' from other NHL who still dot the roster. Have faith people.

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
This post makes me happy because when I see Ben Eager's name I think of the time Kassian caved in his face and knocked him right back to the AHL.

That, and the time he smashed the camera in the penalty box here.

Eager's just an awesome great guy. Really.

I'm well aware of Eager's propensity for being a little b****, but for a few seasons he was a decent grinder with size who could toss 'em. He was very effective vs the Canucks while playing in Chicago. Strikes me as the type of guy who was good in the dressing room too.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Markstrom said he shouldn’t be in the NHL and neither should a lot of the team.

Most honest comment from any Canuck player , coach or management I’ve heard in probably 3 years.
call him honest Jacob. Anyone asked vets like that hack Eriksson or Linden about this quote?

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I can’t even bring myself to care anymore. The only reason I was paying attention was for Boeser and that’s been taken away.

Other teams get rewarded for sucking, I’m literally expecting us to win the lottery and the league will somehow install a rule about taking away first round picks for back diving contracts right after.

This sucks. It sucks even more that our destitute neighbours in Edmonton had to go and screw up so many high picks that they changed the rules. And then they still got a generational talent and they’re right back in the basement.

This is exhausting. We’ve had 2 (maybe 3 if you’re old enough to remember) times of being contenders and everything had to go wrong when there was a chance. Canucks fans who’ve stuck through the years, decades and literal existence of the team waiting for something is likely never going to happen. We’re going to be that’s team that has to draft well (lol) with improbable odds, be the mockery of a league where teams are saved because of their location, and be that un-Canadian Canadian team.

Sure our management is garbage. But even when we had good management it didn’t matter. We could literally have Stephen Hawking run this team with the Scotty Bowman of 1977 coaching and everything would go wrong. I don’t even think anything the management does matters anymore. We’ve literally gotten ****ed with a pine cone covered in barbed wire and tiger balm and still managed to be half respectable.

We think the future looks bright because for the first time in forever we actually have a group of more than average young talent. But in the grand scheme were never going to get a McDavid, a Dahlin, a Matthews, anything aside from “steals”.

It blows and I’m tired of being a good sport about it. **** the oilers for messing up so much talent that they had to go and change the rules, and based off history they’re probably going to get Dahlin and **** him up too.
Wow..

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The team easy could have won the cup in 2012 if it weren’t for horrible luck.

Aside from LA that was one of the easier years ever.
Luck as defined by letting Duncan Keith imitate Randy Savage on Sedin. I'm not quite sure we could've beaten LA - but it was tough enough trying to beat that team normally forget trying to do it with one arm tied behind your back (Daniel either not in the lineup due to that elbow or not at 100% when he was).

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Luck as defined by letting Duncan Keith imitate Randy Savage on Sedin. I'm not quite sure we could've beaten LA - but it was tough enough trying to beat that team normally forget trying to do it with one arm tied behind your back (Daniel either not in the lineup due to that elbow or not at 100% when he was).
I mean, yeah Daniel’s injury completely f***ed that team up. As did running into LA in the first round. Kesler was pretty badly injured too.

The road was clear that year if the beat LA they probably walk their way to the cup, if they were healthy.

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
?

What was the 3rd time?
Not totally sure what the poster meant, but I assumed it meant 2002-03 & 2003-04.

Completely different team from 2009 - 2012 aside from the Sedin's, and on the former the Sedin's were an afterthought. That 2003 team was primed to win, if not for goaltending. I was in the arena when Cloutier let in that Darby Hendrickson goal...I still have nightmares.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Have we failed to make enough posts here so we have to make a two in one GDT for tonight or did nobody notice there is a game in 3 hours?

Pump n Dump

Sep 2, 2009
North Vancouver, BC
?

What was the 3rd time?

if they're talking about the 1982 that was an aberration, no one considered that team a contender

In 1982 the Canucks clutched and held their way to the finals to receive an inevitable 4 game beat-down by the Islanders. Funny that, in 2011, it was the inability to play that kind of a game that led to the Canuck's demise.

I think we all should have realized at the beginning of this season that this team still has a way to go before becoming respectable again. I expect that it is even further than that to get back to being elite unless we get very lucky.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
The team easy could have won the cup in 2012 if it weren’t for horrible luck.

Aside from LA that was one of the easier years ever.

Even though they won the Presidents trophy, The 2012 team was looking pretty susceptible down the stretch in the last part of the season if you were watching closely. Personally, I thought they would be in trouble in the playoffs.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
In 1982 the Canucks clutched and held their way to the finals to receive an inevitable 4 game beat-down by the Islanders. Funny that, in 2011, it was the inability to play that kind of a game that led to the Canuck's demise.
Even in 1982, where we had some good fortune (Kings knocking off the Oilers in the "Miracle on Manchester" game) we had REAL bad luck where the team leader & captain Kevin McCarthy got injured before the post-season began (by HIS OWN TEAMMATE no less...). It was a Cinderella story though - Canucks beat the teams they should've beat on the way to the Finals (Stars I think were another team that were more highly ranked but were upset as well).

Even though they won the Presidents trophy, The 2012 team was looking pretty susceptible down the stretch in the last part of the season if you were watching closely. Personally, I thought they would be in trouble in the playoffs.
Well certainly Daniel answering the door when his phone rang probably helped in that regards.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
That’s true and I do agree, but they quality of competition was pretty poor last year aside from the best 8th seed of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad