Post-Game Talk: 2/8/18 | Canucks 2 at TBay 5

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Dowd and Boucher get more minutes than Eriksson. Seriously is it possible to light a fire under this guys arse? Clearly just playing to cash his cheques
We seriously need to stop worrying about others on our team and start worrying more about Eriksson.
It is absolutely embarrassing how he is playing for us. He should find some form of integrity, and just retire.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
We seriously need to stop worrying about others on our team and start worrying more about Eriksson.
It is absolutely embarrassing how he is playing for us. He should find some form of integrity, and just retire.

We should be worrying about Mike Gillis and the Deep Skate, but the fake news media won't talk about it.

Reactions: PM, jd22 and Ozone

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Outside of Boeser and Horvat, this team is dismal to watch. Hope guys like Pettersson and Gaudette can add some excitement before too long, too.
Hopefully next year:

Pettersson Horvat Boeser
Baertchi Gaudette Vanek
Granlund Sutter XX
Dowd Gaunce Eriksson

Dahlin Tanev
Edler Stecher
Hutton Biega

Marky
Demko

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I can't tell if you're trolling anymore or if you actually believe Boeser scoring on the PP means he's a worse player.

Boeser: 26 goals, 9 on the PP (34% of goals on the PP)
Ovechkin: 32 goals, 9 on the PP (28% of goals on the PP)
Malkin: 30 goals, 13 on the PP (43% of goals on the PP)
Tavares: 28 goals, 8 on the PP (28% of goals on the PP)

Looks like Boeser is around the same spot as the league leaders on goals. Guess they're all bad players.

Eh.

I don’t think there is harm in pointing out that in the past 13 games Boeser has just one even strength goal. It is the least of our concerns to be sure but no need to be defensive about it.

Reactions: Johnny Canucker

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I'm almost liking number eleven more than Eriksson lately. Is that wrong? :)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
C'mon kid wake up and smell the roses. Montreal has won 24 cups and 22 since 1927. One of the most successful franchise in professional sports history.
You can hate them. I have all my life and saw them win a ****load of those cups over teams I rooted for (any team in the finals against those bastards). However, you can't deny their position as the greatest franchise in NHL history.

Also, the Blues have been to the finals 3 times. Vancouver also 3? Neither has a Cup. In that they are both still equals.
YAWN Montreal aint won nothing since most a us being alive so means as much to me as the Canucks not winning. There a joke with a joke of a GM joke of a coach joke of a captain joke of a team joke of prospects. Joke

Canucks at least have a positive future with some great pieces. Blues have the same crappy core like we use to have and they have had for a while which will CONTINUSUOULY lead to playoff DISASTER time in time again

Boeser PBP BoHo Gaudfather Demko and others to lead our NEW CORE

Man I love this team :yo:

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Boeser, Horvat, Demko was the correct answer.

30mg pot cookie coming in the mail for Andy and Goalie soon.

(i didn't include PBP because he is neither on the roster or farm team.)

Reactions: Ozone

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
YAWN Montreal aint won nothing since most a us being alive so means as much to me as the Canucks not winning. There a joke with a joke of a GM joke of a coach joke of a captain joke of a team joke of prospects. Joke

Canucks at least have a positive future with some great pieces. Blues have the same crappy core like we use to have and they have had for a while which will CONTINUSUOULY lead to playoff DISASTER time in time again

Dude.... be careful young padawan. ;)

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
There were parts of this game where the Canucks were hopelessly outclassed - just dominated. Only when Tampa backed off were the Canucks able to do much.

Thought both Horvat and Boeser had a couple of tough periods until they were able to get a little going in the third. When Tampa got the right match-ups the Horvat line couldn't hardly get the puck out of the zone

Del Zotto seems to have lost any mobility. Has no ability to help offensively ATM. Started the season skating well but now down to a walk. Coverage problems also evident. Tanev struggled again and Edler was so-so. Stecher seemed the only d-man playing with any energy. Canuck defense very much exposed in this one and often just couldn't cover the front of the net

Eriksson had some chances but was too slow reacting to do anything. Both him and Vanek couldn't skate with the Lightening and point to the slowness of the team. You have to wonder why management would pursue such players when teams like Tampa are showing the league is moving towards increasing speed. Vanek should not be retained. Players like him are dinosaurs in a changing NHL.

Boucher demonstrated some good puck management and illustrated he had little problem staying in the play. However to get a true read on him, he needs to be played with offensive players. Being out with Virtanen and Dowd gives him little chance to show much. Virtanen had some good moments but seems on a different page than his teammates too often.

Sutter did very little in this game. Inability to distribute the puck was evident again.

Sedins were poor. This again points directly to the slowness problems with the team and that is all related to brain dead management.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express

There will never be a new core till the Sedins are gone.

The new GM better figure this out sooner rather than later me thinks

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Won't Chang e the outcome a bit until we have a new competent management

Even if we get new management, I don't expect the team to suddenly win a bunch. Competent management will have the task of cutting loose some more dead weight while stocking our youth and draft cupboards a bit more. But I can handle losing if the kids in the lineup show promise and excitement.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Even if we get new management, I don't expect the team to suddenly win a bunch. Competent management will have the task of cutting loose some more dead weight while stocking our youth and draft cupboards a bit more. But I can handle losing if the kids in the lineup show promise and excitement.
Ohhh we're getting new management and your absolutely correct that we as fans better have some patience moving forward....whoever takes over this organization has an monumental task in front of them.

It's going to take years to undo club 16

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC

Be careful, such talk may warrant a paddling. Never mess with le Bleu-Blanc-Rouge.

Reactions: Ozone

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I'll show patience when I'm shown organizational cohesion and direction.
Hopefully it's coming.

Aquamans fun little feel good experiment has backfired completely in his face and he's lost a s*** load of money but more importantly...respect.

For all our sakes...He better figure it out and hire some competent people moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad