GDT: 2/7/24 Wild @ Hawks 8:30 TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
That’s just the epitome of Entwistle right there. Get the puck up the middle, immediately has it poked it away. Teammate gets it, blasts in hilariously offside. What the hell does this team see in him?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I expect him to be a bit harder on it.

I mean its not his "fault" that its a goal, Tinordi got beat to the net front by his man, but Reichel should battle that harder.

He's 21. He's still a boy against men out there. Your expectations need to be realistic. It isn't just a matter of "being harder on the puck" if the guy is just stronger and more solid on his skates than you are.

It's fun dummying the college kids in the corners when they are home from school. Old man strength is a thing.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He's 21. He's still a boy against men out there. Your expectations need to be realistic. It isn't just a matter of "being harder on the puck" if the guy is just stronger and more solid on his skates than you are.

It's fun dummying the college kids in the corners when they are home from school. Old man strength is a thing.
Its just a comment about a specific play. I think he's been fine tonight with his effort.

But it was against Faber who I think is 22? It was an awkward play. Just thought he could have done better. End of the day its Tinordi losing the race to the net for the free goal.

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
These guys couldn’t hit the ocean if they fell off a boat.

The least talented team I think I have ever seen in the NHL, honestly. In two years, I would be shocked to see more than 1-2 of these forwards still in the NHL.

First timeout Richardson has called all season???

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The least talented team I think I have ever seen in the NHL, honestly. In two years, I would be shocked to see more than 1-2 of these forwards still in the NHL.
Johnson
Raddysh
Foligno
Dickinson
Kurashev

Thats probably it when it comes to players that would find roles on other teams.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Johnson
Raddysh
Foligno
Dickinson
Kurashev

Thats probably it when it comes to players that would find roles on other teams.
Johnson and Raddysh will both be out of the league next year, mark my words

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Johnson
Raddysh
Foligno
Dickinson
Kurashev

Johnson is washed. He's not in the NHL in two years. He never even plays because he's always hurt. He will struggle to get a contract this offseason.

Raddysh? Meh. Maybe as a 4th liner.

Foligno is done after his next contract. He turns 37 this year.

Dickinson and Kurashev for sure.

That's it.

Reactions: scorehawks

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Johnson is washed. He's not in the NHL in two years. He never even plays because he's always hurt. He will struggle to get a contract this offseason.

Raddysh? Meh. Maybe as a 4th liner.

Foligno is done after his next contract. He turns 37 this year.

Dickinson and Kurashev for sure.

That's it.
I misread it. I thought you meant next year.

Yeah.. two years is probably only Dickinson and Kurashev.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hardly worth commenting on...same old ...same old ..Team of 5th line forwards...Orvmaybev7th line talent only (oe.not nhl level players up front...OImean Nobody woukd makeca contending tends 4th line from the forwards Hawks out onthevocevtonoght..So again
Not worth commenting on futility via absence of ANY talent up front worth paying NJL salaries to.

Obviously team mosses Bedard for scoring.
But even he cannot alone make up for the absence of offense from thevotherc12 forwards you would need tobchoose off this roster.

Play out season.. CUT and bring in some better actual NHL talent up front...else nextcsesson be more ofvsame old same old futility all-stars.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Old man strength? The guy that got the puck away is 97 days younger and was drafted 28 picks later in the same draft.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Johnson
Raddysh
Foligno
Dickinson
Kurashev

Blackwell is a fairly typical 11th/12th/13th forward type.

Anderson has had a good season, one of the few to raise his profile from where he began (waiver fodder) to now. Still fairly young, seems like a decent median level 3rd line type over next couple seasons.

Donato is 4th line type, the production is disappointing given ice time bump but with talent deficiencies I suppose not overly surprising for a player of his caliber. Shooting % is probably a bit unlucky too.

Reichel idk maybe in a year or so. Has some good skill but has a lot of work to do and way too many deficiencies and way too little production for the ice time he's receiving to be anywhere close to a playoff-caliber team right now.

Issue with the Hawks is really that they currently don't have any top-6 forwards or even really temp fill-in "can somewhat get by" top 6 forwards. A healthy Bedard, Beauvillier, Athanasiou, Hall gives you enough players to at least sort of fill out the latter criteria.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Well then. Fleury didn’t play tonight, he was likely of interest. Other Wild names likely available are Duhaime, Johansson, Bogosion, Goligiski and Middleton.

As for the Hawks, I can’t imagine any scouts were impressed with anyone. Murphy was out, but I guess they could be looking at TyJo, Raddysh, Blackwell, or any of our other garbage. Tough outing overall if you’re a scout.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It's been two years and Ryan Carpenter is still in the NHL. They suck but more than a few of these guys will still be playing in the show come 2026.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
That first period was the worst period of hockey by a team I have ever seen. The only shot was a flip-in that bounced gently towards the net.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Pez68

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
While watching Tinordi and M. Foligno fight last night, I was wondering, have two brothers ever fought in an NHL game before?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Why is Tinordi even playing? Put Crevier in there. Not only do you have Tinordi playing, you have him paired with another lefty.
I'm starting to think Richardson doesn't care which side players shoot from, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad