GDT: 2/7/17 - Wild @ Jets - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FSN ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
The team looks tired, and now they face the Hawks for the second time in a row on the second night of a back to back with the Hawks having at least three days rest. Not sure who approved that part of the schedule but I don't know that it could be more unfair.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, we hit a crossbar, missed a penalty shot and an open net, and Parise was all alone out front with the puck on his stick. As always, we seem to lead in scoring chances, though we might get outshot. I thought there were some good performances by guys like Haula, Scandella, Doobs, Reilly and more, besides the obvious gg's by Coyle, Poms, Nino,etc..

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The team looks tired, and now they face the Hawks for the second time in a row on the second night of a back to back with the Hawks having at least three days rest. Not sure who approved that part of the schedule but I don't know that it could be more unfair.
Wouldn't call it unfair. Every team gets screwed over with the back-to-backs and facing more rested teams. We've had a lighter schedule the first half while the Hawks played a bunch of games. The good news is that we now have games in hand because of that. The bad news is that the Hawks now get to rest, while the Wild are going to play A LOT.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Coming out of the ASB, I said I wanted 5/8 points from this Canada trip, and we got 6 points.

Very happy with that. Huge homestand coming up now.

I said (along with many others, I'm sure) when the season started, that this home stretch would be season defining. Let's hope it defines our status as division leaders and eventual champions!

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
Congrats on the win. That was the most complete game I've seen the Jets play in a very longtime so at least that's a positive for us ?

If an American team wins the cup this year, I hope Iggy gets traded to you guys at the deadline and you go all the way.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Congrats on the win. That was the most complete game I've seen the Jets play in a very longtime so at least that's a positive for us ?

If an American team wins the cup this year, I hope Iggy gets traded to you guys at the deadline and you go all the way.

Definitely feel like we stole a win tonight. Jets played great.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I want nothing to do with Iginla, he's done. Can't skate anymore. We're a speed team normally. No thanks.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
Wouldn't call it unfair. Every team gets screwed over with the back-to-backs and facing more rested teams. We've had a lighter schedule the first half while the Hawks played a bunch of games. The good news is that we now have games in hand because of that. The bad news is that the Hawks now get to rest, while the Wild are going to play A LOT.

I don't disagree that every team faces some scheduling quirks. But to have to face the typically best team in your division/conference twice in the same year on back to back while they're rested is a bridge too far. If they were home/home b2b it'd be one thing, but this is flat out ridiculous.

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
I want nothing to do with Iginla, he's done. Can't skate anymore. We're a speed team normally. No thanks.

I hear you, he is nowhere near what he used to be, would be for a bit of added depth for a deep run. Not that you need him but he is a guy that I would love to see hoist a cup once in his career before he hangs them up.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I hear you, he is nowhere near what he used to be, would be for a bit of added depth for a deep run. Not that you need him but he is a guy that I would love to see hoist a cup once in his career before he hangs them up.
So, you're saying the Avs have no chance this year? :sarcasm:;)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I agree it would be cool to see him win the cup, but winning the cup is difficult and I think he would actually make us worse on the ice if he was here so we're better off with someone else.

It is Wild World

Dec 28, 2016
Somalia
Good win tonight to wrap up Successful W. Canadian trip.

As for our immediate neighbors to the North; they should be better than record indicates. Looking at their forward as well as their blue line, they should be PO team easily. I also truly like coach Maurice. He seems very smart and knowledgeable coach. Perhaps, it is the bad goaltending that is been the reason for their woes. Too bad another quality head coach is gonna get canned because of poor performance from the goalie

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nice to see Dub have an excellent game again. He's been a little bit of a roller-coaster lately. First time he has stolen a game in awhile.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Good win tonight to wrap up Successful W. Canadian trip.

As for our immediate neighbors to the North; they should be better than record indicates. Looking at their forward as well as their blue line, they should be PO team easily. I also truly like coach Maurice. He seems very smart and knowledgeable coach. Perhaps, it is the bad goaltending that is been the reason for their woes. Too bad another quality head coach is gonna get canned because of poor performance from the goalie

Don't give Maurice too much credit, he's not THAT good

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Don't give Maurice too much credit, he's not THAT good

He's not horrible either. Jets, STL, and Dallas having hot garbage for goaltending this year have cost them a lot of games.

3 more wins for each team puts them right in the middle of the Playoff race (~60p in the standings).

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Well, that was a bad game.. but the "ice" looked even more horrible. You know, when you can feel how skaters are trying to take as wide curves as they can and putting the least amount of pressure on the blades and they're still falling around like bowling pins in the Big Lebowski. Hey, Canada!? Home of the ice hockey? You should be able to offer us a solid surface, that was almost unwatchable. It ain't LA!? That ice wasn't just slush or mud. It was made of ****. Wasn't horse ****, no ******** either. Must've been pigeons' poop, because it actually was still white. ...end of rant.. :D

Two points, nice! Nino and Poms saved our arses, with Duubs of course. To the next one.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
another nail biter! even in the post game BB said the team looks a bit tired after the road trip. sure hope we have something left in the tank for the hawks. wow spurgeon saving that goal had to be the play of the game. how did zucker miss? (gretzky would have scored). who's next?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
another nail biter! even in the post game BB said the team looks a bit tired after the road trip. sure hope we have something left in the tank for the hawks. wow spurgeon saving that goal had to be the play of the game. how did zucker miss? (gretzky would have scored). who's next?

Gretzky is in his mid-50s now, doubt it. Even Gordie quit playing pro hockey at 51... :sarcasm:

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Why did they move Coyle back up with Staal and Parise? Was Tuch just that bad? I understand wanting to reward the guy for good play this game, but he had three points with Pominville and Nino, why not keep him there and move others around.

I honestly don't think Tuch was playing that bad.. Staal was pretty brutal all game and I think that was an effort to get that line going.. which like you said, why not keep whats working working. At the same time the 11 12 53 line was a liability all night.. I never really saw 12 carrying the puck or doing anything, but Tuch and Parise won some battles and found space.. We have to get Staal going again soon. Hope he isn't going to start fading away.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
He's not horrible either. Jets, STL, and Dallas having hot garbage for goaltending this year have cost them a lot of games.

3 more wins for each team puts them right in the middle of the Playoff race (~60p in the standings).

You're right but I still don't care lol. Namely because of what the Wild had for so many years before they acquired Dubnyk. Think we've started more goalies in the last 5 years than Detroit/Chicago/Rangers/Bruins/Nashville combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad