Post-Game Talk: 2/6/18 | Canucks 1 @ Panthers 3

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It doesn't. No coach will put out a guy that gets walked like that. And his fancy stats and regular stats just aren't good enough to justify it.
If NHL coaches aren't willing to put out a guy because he occasionally gets walked, regardless of how strong his stats hypothetically suggest every other area and overall reliability of his game is, they're idiots.

Edler is a perfect example of that.

It's one thing to think that his stats aren't good enough to justify it, it's another to suggest that that aspect of the game doesn't matter.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Nobody thinks Holm is some saviour or maybe even a top-six defenceman. But we already know what we have up here so it makes sense to see what he can offer at the NHL level and if he fits going forward.

No argument of any kind about that logic. I was referring to the posters who feel trading Hutton and some even Tanev because Holm can fill the gap. These are people who need to at least see the guy play before venturing out on that thin ice.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Trading Hutton right now would be incredibly stupid.

I'm really shocked at how much he has struggled since a really sound November. His confidence is in shambles not his ability. His skating and shot have been worse than i have seen since he's been a Canuck.

When he pinches he gets poor support. Green has taken away his offensive responsibilities and he should be getting 2nd PP minutes.

The smart play is trade Del Zotto call up Holm and never use Pouliot unless we have to.

Del Zotto yields a goal every 20 minutes of ice time. Hutton every 23 minutes and Hutton is our best defenseman along with Tanev at takeaways. I agree he's been bad lately but i'm willing to bet a return to minutes along Tanev with some offensive looks could right the ship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad