Post-Game Talk: 2.5 hours wasted Jets lose 5-2

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
You are right, of course. Win some, lose some. But we lose too many to bad teams.
As much as it worries me that we lose to bad teams, its offset by the hope I get from beating good teams.

After all, we're not gonna have to play these guys in the playoffs lol

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Laine can't be everywhere . :naughty:
Actually this is one thing Laine could improve. You can really get under his skin by tackling or hurting his teammate. There has been few occasion when after a hit he becomes blind for revenge and couldn’t care a less for the actual shift.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Actually this is one thing Laine could improve. You can really get under his skin by tackling or hurting his teammate. There has been few occasion when after a hit he becomes blind for revenge and couldn’t care a less for the actual shift.
I kind of like it , the sticking up for teamates . Don't get me wrong , Laine in the penalty box does us no good but showing he's not going to take any crap from players and to his teamates is a very good thing .

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
When are Connor and Scheifele actually going to set Laine up for some grade A chances? Mark has found him a couple times in transition and that's about it.

Reactions: teamfortheone

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
When are Connor and Scheifele actually going to set Laine up for some grade A chances? Mark has found him a couple times in transition and that's about it.
I think that Chef has done a pretty job with it so far and Laine has failed to convert on a number of occasions, but Connor is still playing with his blinders on now and then. The whole line is developing chemistry and are starting to look dominant at times. Give it some more time and we will have a killer first line in these guys.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This loss is on nobody important , he never posted our picture of Scarlett in the GDT , feel shame sir .:nono: :laugh:

upload_2019-12-13_17-8-7.png

DOH!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think that Chef has done a pretty job with it so far and Laine has failed to convert on a number of occasions, but Connor is still playing with his blinders on now and then. The whole line is developing chemistry and are starting to look dominant at times. Give it some more time and we will have a killer first line in these guys.
Totally agree .:nod:

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
I kind of like it , the sticking up for teamates . Don't get me wrong , Laine in the penalty box does us no good but showing he's not going to take any crap from players and to his teamates is a very good thing .

He has five 2 minute penalties this year. Obviously being in the box is not good but 2 minutes of gametime is pretty close to how much you rest after a shift anyway.. if you can get an offsetting penalty that is.

I’m always kinda surprised he doesn’t draw more penalties on regular play, he has quite the active stick. Maybe it’s his stick skills translating to not crossing the line? :D

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Didnt like seeing Fabbri hitting Sheif on the back of his head. Gotta protect the talent; meanwhile the Wings season is over.

Meh. Scheif was trash-talking Fabbri something fierce, giving him the old "I'm telling, you're smelling, in the middle of spelling, golly-gosh darn it!" Notable escalation from the "Well excuse me, but that strikes me as an inaccurate call, ref!" from a game ago. I'm expecting a full-on "H-double hockey sticks" by the ASB.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Meh. Scheif was trash-talking Fabbri something fierce, giving him the old "I'm telling, you're smelling, in the middle of spelling, golly-gosh darn it!" Notable escalation from the "Well excuse me, but that strikes me as an inaccurate call, ref!" from a game ago. I'm expecting a full-on "H-double hockey sticks" by the ASB.

Should be a multi-game suspension coming if he said all that. Considering the repeat offense 4 sounds about right.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

He's likely being asked to shoot - similar to Ehlers.
Now they need to reset the needle back to the middle and simple make the best play - shoot, pass, whatever.
This goes for Laine too - he's been going in the opposite direction - too many passes and not enough shooting.
Ditch to ditch syndrome -

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It feels like Patty has tried to get in a fight ever since joining the Jets and been close many times. I think he gets one this year.

I hope he keeps his gloves on - he a big man but I don't sense he has a lick of talent in the ring.
Besides, we don't need that from this player or any of our top skill guys - makes zero sense.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I hope he keeps his gloves on - he a big man but I don't sense he has a lick of talent in the ring.
Besides, we don't need that from this player or any of our top skill guys - makes zero sense.
I don’t see any need for that either. Why break your hand on a helmet, when a solid croshcheck or heavy hit sends the same message? Skill guys should keep their gloves on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad