Post-Game Talk: 2.5 hours wasted Jets lose 5-2

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Ok, disappointing loss for sure but a huge lol to the posts thinking it’s a sign the wheels have completely come off the bus.

They played down to their opponents and when the bounces went against them, it was too late to respond. They’ll get back to playing hard like they know they can.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Bad ice. Bad bounces. Bad losing streak for the other team. Only so much you can do with so much going against you.

The overreactions are so ridiculous, immature, and frankly ignorant. People got their expectations way too high for this game. After the 3rd goal went in and again off of Pionk it was clear we were fighting a losing battle.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Interesting stats on the radio today.
The guys were talking about how at this point last year our record was almost identical to this year.
Except, last year we had scored 20 more goals and let in 4 less.
Remembering back to then, there were a lot of us saying that our record was flattering us a lot. And sure enough, the losing started.
This team looks different this year though, despite the stats being worse (somehow, I don’t know how that’s possible). The team just has a completely different chemistry this year and they actually look like they’re trying to play a system.
All of this of course was from before tonight’s game though. Let’s hope that’s a once and done situation.
Our own play has looked good this year (5v5) but many metrics have been negative this year. I would not be suprised if we would start to lose more games this year.

Special teams are our problem. We might be a great team if we get those fixed. Our team is is perfect example of advanced stats vs eye test.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Horrible game from too many players , Ehlers , Wheeler , Boo Boo ahh there is too many to mention by name . I hate these home and home games , it's very hard to beat the same team twice . Lots of weird bounces and even though our PP sucks right now , not getting one until the end of the game didn't help . Hopefully they come out pissed off and flying on Sunday .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I just don't see what some see in Beaulieu , he's not a good enough skater to be a solid defenseman .

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
We excel at losing to really poor opponents, and did so again tonight. This is the definition of the BOZO Syndrome.

Yeah, we do seem to lose too often against the much weaker teams for some reason.

Good thing we will avoid that in the playoffs!

Reactions: Jets 31

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Honest question - can you point me to a post-loss interview of how you think a coach should handle a loss? Just curious what the baseline for this critique is.
They include definitive statements about how the other team was better and earned it. Then, they don't couch that with excuses like schedule, bounces, refs, injuries, puck luck.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
giphy.gif

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They include definitive statements about how the other team was better and earned it. Then, they don't couch that with excuses like schedule, bounces, refs, injuries, puck luck.
When your 19-11-2 and playing quite well lately i would rather the coach not freak out and call players out after one loss . This was a goofy game with alot of bad bounces and bad breaks , leave it and move on . If it happens 3 or 4 more times in a row then you can start freaking out a little .

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I just don't see what some see in Beaulieu , he's not a good enough skater to be a solid defenseman .
That first goal was so embarrassing for him on so many different levels. Because it was Detroit, I laughed my head off. Then they scored a few more...

Reactions: Jets 31

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

Then maybe listen to the actual interview, the one where Maurice makes definitive statements about how the other team was better and earned it last night.

Or maybe you prefer the perception of Maurice's possible interview over the actual one, since it fits better with your narrative on Maurice?

And when a coach is asked to account for the game, one that saw 4 goals go off Jet defenders re deflecting past Helly, they are not excuses, they are accurate accounts of what actually happened. We had bad puck luck last night and any coach in the league would have made note of that in any interview.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad