GDT: 2/24/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Not impressed with Aulie either tonight, despite his general lack of ice time. He needs to be more physical and drop the mitts.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Garon is the #1 goalie on this team. Johnson or Palat could do Purcell's job better than he can. Carle's minutes should go down some until he starts playing better. Salo is making more mistakes than he was to start the season, maybe a bit tired. I'm tired of saying it, but this team could use Gudas' toughness and strong D play.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Yeah, that mishandle when the team went to 6 men along with the 3 straight offsides during the last 10 minutes where we couldn't decide to shoot it in or to skate it in causing the speedsters to go offside was frustrating.

He got 26+ minutes of ice time, too. :facepalm:

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Well, we didn't expect to win this one. Lindback saw to that. Garon is the hot hand, keep playing him.

Put Purcell on the 3rd or 4th line for a bit...I feel like 89 and 91 could be even better if they didn't have a floating turd on their line. Carle and Brewer didn't have the greatest nights either.

Cory Conacher is just a pleasure to watch play hockey. If everyone on TB played as hard as Conacher, our record would be close to Chicago's.

Obligatory frantz jean is awful post. He's not even worthy of capital letters.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Well, we didn't expect to win this one. Lindback saw to that. Garon is the hot hand, keep playing him.

Put Purcell on the 3rd or 4th line for a bit...I feel like 89 and 91 could be even better if they didn't have a floating turd on their line. Carle and Brewer didn't have the greatest nights either.

Cory Conacher is just a pleasure to watch play hockey. If everyone on TB played as hard as Conacher, our record would be close to Chicago's.

Obligatory frantz jean is awful post. He's not even worthy of capital letters.

Conacher and Killorn are the next Marty and Vinny.

LGB 26

Feb 14, 2012
Tampa
Please start Garon for Buffalo, the only one he let in tonight was a 5 on 3 situation. Im going to the game and dont want to rage in public.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Conacher gets crosschecked several times a game and the other team never gets called for it, wth is that about.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
The team played a strong game overall, except for Lindback, Purcell and Carle.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
probably looking to trade lindback and bring up cedrick desjardins.
ftfy

Edit: And I feel like I'm partly to blame for all this. Last season, MAB starts off well and I change my name to MAB4Norris, and then he regresses. This season we win the first few games and I change my name to Pronounced Anders, and now Anders sucks.

Maybe I need to change it to Crosby or something like that. Use my powers for good, instead of evil.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'll admit that Lindback has not been good...hell, he's been flat out awful at times...but I really think his problem is the coaching. I understand the Swiss league he played in wasn't anywhere near as good as the NHL, but he had amazing numbers over there on the WORST team in the league. I fail to see how he can go from that to this with no outside influences. I see the tools there for him, he's just got to get coached up a bit. The goaltending coaches job is to work the kinks out of the goalies games and make sure they are physically and mentally prepared for each game. With veterans like Garon and Roli, we didn't see this kind of thing affecting them too much. But a young guy like Anders? He's being ruined. Same thing will happen to Vasilevskiy when he gets here if we still have Frantz.

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
Probably looking to trade Garon and bring up Cedrick Desjardins.

or trade for Hiller or Giggy...

I'd love them to give Desjardins a real look first. Garon has played well, but he has a career of not being consistently good. He is not the answer. imho.

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
What we need is an experienced #1 goaltender who isn't too old instead of trying out young goalies and ruining their career. Roli was the perfect fit that resulted in a long playoff run but then he got too old and lost his goaltending ability.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What we need is an experienced #1 goaltender who isn't too old instead of trying out young goalies and ruining their career. Roli was the perfect fit that resulted in a long playoff run but then he got too old and lost his goaltending ability.

An experienced #1 goaltender who isn't too old? Those aren't easy to acquire. Patience is needed. Not just with Lindback, but with our other young promising goalies too. Developing them is the way to go. That's what Lindback is doing, still developing. He has plenty to work on still. He wasn't going to be an all star right away.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
An experienced #1 goaltender who isn't too old? Those aren't easy to acquire. Patience is needed. Not just with Lindback, but with our other young promising goalies too. Developing them is the way to go. That's what Lindback is doing, still developing. He has plenty to work on still. He wasn't going to be an all star right away.

Only problem is we have an open window of opportunity within the next 2 years to make another splash in the playoffs, in other words, we're in a win now mode with a Lecavalier, St.louis and Salo still playing at a high level along with prime Stamkos and Hedman.

We don't have time to wait for development, get a solid goalie in here now, we're wasting Stamkos's prime if we don't. In a couple years we'll have a new corp of forwards up top just learning the NHL while Stammer and Hedman will be at their peaks.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Only problem is we have an open window of opportunity within the next 2 years to make another splash in the playoffs, in other words, we're in a win now mode with a Lecavalier, St.louis and Salo still playing at a high level along with prime Stamkos and Hedman.

We don't have time to wait for development, get a solid goalie in here now, we're wasting Stamkos's prime if we don't. In a couple years we'll have a new corp of forwards up top just learning the NHL while Stammer and Hedman will be at their peaks.

So we should throw out the promising young goalie we have, the one with a whopping 51 NHL starts under his belt, for a new goalie? Got any ideas for a solid NHL goalie? Cause what you guys want is going to cost. Not happening for picks. You can take a roster player (probably not the ones that everybody wants to ditch right now) and add a Gudas to it. Or a Barberio.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So we should throw out the promising young goalie we have, the one with a whopping 51 NHL starts under his belt, for a new goalie? Got any ideas for a solid NHL goalie? Cause what you guys want is going to cost. Not happening for picks. You can take a roster player (probably not the ones that everybody wants to ditch right now) and add a Gudas to it. Or a Barberio.

Malone and a draft pick is a good start unless you really want to keep 4.5m tied up to a 3rd liner right now. And why can't we give up picks? Our prospect pool is deep right now. Connolly is a player that has great value, and based on the rumor from last week, seems like most people wouldn't mind him traded barring a good return for us.

Or do you suggests we wait 3-5 more years, hoping Lindback develops into a solid goalie then compete?

Bottom-line, we cannot get anywhere with this goaltending tandem, unlike last year, it's not mostly our defense's fault, and our offensive core is at it's best right now.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Saw the first 2 Penguin goals and called it a night.

If the Lightning werent going to put in the effort I sure as hell wasn't putting in the effort of staying up till 3am to watch them!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad