GDT: 2/21/13 7PM Bowl of Oates: Gretzky's Mickey Mices vs. Adonis Leonsis' Frankfurters

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
Anyone else see this? I got a good laugh out of it hahah

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Don't be scared to be a Washington Capital RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/mackinnon9">mackinnon9</a>: Don't be scared to be great</p>&mdash; Neil Greenberg (@ngreenberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/ngreenberg/status/304788718810701824">February 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Carlson improved his on "ice for goals against" number tonight.

Did they play "correctly"?

Hard to shake the penalty reputation once it's well established. Oh well - gave the PK some good work.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
the Caps got dominated at ES in that game. They were lucky it ended up as close as it did, even with calls the way they were.

They dominated us ES in 1st, but i thought we had the advantage ES in 2nd. Quality of our scoring chances was certainly better than theirs in 2nd. As for 3rd, there was hardly any ES time to speak of.

I wouldn't describe the Capitals as 'lucky' in any respect in that game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
honestly, after that display i am po'd that i spent money on centre ice. fire whoever. i really dont need anymore of this stuff this year.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Tell you what....find us another superstar first, then we can trade Ovechkin. I guess you miss the days where Halpern was near the top of the team scoring.

His salary isn't a burden for a team who isn't capped.

Stop with the mythology.

ovechkin is a superstar? hes a pretty good first liner...

and for a team with horrible ownership and management theres no way we win anything without spending to the cap

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
The sad part is if they could put together a small winning streak, say of three games, they could still be within reach of the division crown. That doesn't seem likely.

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver
Both Chimera and Wolski benched again late in the game.

Unless he's hurt, I don't see any reason to not give Mojo a shot to redeem himself next game.

Dumbfounding how despite their benching, they seem to find their way back on to the same lines every practice and game. Chimera's benchings haven't affected his 1st line status

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
He's hurt. According to the WaPo, he hasn't skated this week.

Well that would explain it.

Dumbfounding how despite their benching, they seem to find their way back on to the same lines every practice and game. Chimera's benchings haven't affected his 1st line status

I guess there are just no other forwards to play, given Laich and Mojo are hurt. Otherwise, yeah, it's inexplicable.

At this point, call up Garrett Mitchell or Mattias Sjogren and see what they've got, if anything. Place Johansson retroactively on the IR and there's your roster spot.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The McPhee dumpster dives have been awful.

Bellows and Joe Murphy were the two I can think of that helped in the past, but after that they have been pretty sad. James Black was able to get back into the NHL before he hurt himself. Indeed, he does like to dumpster dive.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Seriously though, worse case scenario they play good enough to finish 9th/10th in the East.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Seriously though, worse case scenario they play good enough to finish 9th/10th in the East.
Again, I just can't see this happening. This team is as mentally soft as they come. Couple that with poor top six forward balance, thin D, poor overall depth and inexperienced goaltending and you get garbage.

Even with all of OTT's injuries I think the current top ten in the East is pretty representative. There's just two points separating 10th from 11/12 but I think WPG, NYI, FLA, BUF & WSH are clearly the dregs of the Eastern Conference. It's just a matter of how poorly their habits will sink them among that bottom group.

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver
Well that would explain it.

I guess there are just no other forwards to play, given Laich and Mojo are hurt. Otherwise, yeah, it's inexplicable.

At this point, call up Garrett Mitchell or Mattias Sjogren and see what they've got, if anything. Place Johansson retroactively on the IR and there's your roster spot.

Totally agree, if they're not going to bring anything at this point, sit them and bring up some guys.....I'd love to see Mitchell get a shot.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Is Ovy ever tickling the balls lately. So close...just finish already. He needs to stop rushing these glorious chances and look where he's shooting. But I love that he's getting these chances...break th damn already tho!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad