GDT: 2/21/13 7PM Bowl of Oates: Gretzky's Mickey Mices vs. Adonis Leonsis' Frankfurters

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
season is over if we lose Saturday, terrible. This team isn't headed anywhere as long as fat Ted is in charge.

butters8814*

F YOU REFS. How is that fair, for bullchit calls to shape out an outcome to a game.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Yeah, I don't see this team going anywhere. I was hopeful but... the fact that the play hasn't really improved much since game 1 of the season tells me there is much much much more wrong with the team than just learning a new system. Oh well.

Liberati0n*

Are you really that dense? I'm not saying the # of penalties should be even? I'm saying that if the refs aee calling every single biolation they see, they should do it against both teams. You could EASILY have called NJD for interference in their D zone just now. By the standards used against Caps at beginning of period, it would have been called.

Did I quote you?

That idea is expressed all the time around here.

tmljeh19*

Also the season only has like 2 more months and this year's cup is tainted anyway.

If you think we have a chance to win it next year or the year after or the year after then your intelligence is just as tainted.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
If the Caps score 2 goals or less and record a loss you get free napkins from Papa Johns!

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
Right, because prime Ovie never drew penalties.

I've decided to just giggle at you for being the type of person I was mocking with the statement in the first place.

Ovechkin had a hell of a game, the penalties were outrageous. Sloppy game. At least we're scoring first, though. ..Right?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
The refs didn't call 5 straight penalties on the Devils because, you know, their players didn't actually 5 straight penalties like the Caps players did.

The Zidlicky penalty that led to the 2nd PP goal was more debatable than any of the ones the Caps got called for.

More debatable than a delay-of-game puck which landed on our BENCH? And which none of the refs or linesmen called till 17 threw a hissy fit?

You are naive or simply arguing for the sake of arguing if you think that the NJD players did not commit a single infraction from the 1:16 mark forward in the 3rd.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
Are you really that dense? I'm not saying the # of penalties should be even? I'm saying that if the refs aee calling every single biolation they see, they should do it against both teams. You could EASILY have called NJD for interference in their D zone just now. By the standards used against Caps at beginning of period, it would have been called.
Did you miss or pretend to not see that tripping penalty Greene got for having Ovechkin lose his balance on his own near him?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
How sad is it that when we finally get a decent 2c, we get one who can't win a faceoff to save his life. We had to put 85 out there to win a draw late to cover for Ribeiro and still lost it.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
More debatable than a delay-of-game puck which landed on our BENCH? And which none of the refs or linesmen called till 17 threw a hissy fit?

You are naive or simply arguing for the sake of arguing if you think that the NJD players did not commit a single infraction from the 1:16 mark forward in the 3rd.

Puck landing in the bench doesn't matter for DoG. It's whether it went over the glass to get there or not that's the question. If it goes over the glass, it's a penalty.

Reffing was... odd, to say the least, in the 3rd. But the Caps got dominated at ES in that game. They were lucky it ended up as close as it did, even with calls the way they were.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
we really should trade ovechkin while he still has any value. i love the guy but that 9.5 salary will be a burden on us as long as we have it so might we as well trade him while we can get good value, there must be one GM/owner out there who is willing to pay handsomely thinking OV can come back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad