Injury Report: 2/18: Wingels

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
According to this list his ELC can slide if he doesn't play another game in the NHL.

https://www.capfriendly.com/slides

Yeah, that was pretty much what I was looking at. I think DW pretty much knows Goldobin is making the team next year and probably just wants to keep that contract as long as possible. The interesting thing will be who will be dealt to open the spot in the lineup. Zubrus and Brown being UFA's won't be filled by Goldobin, I'd think.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Goldobin's ELC will slide if he is not going to play more NHL-games this season. So I think he is not going to get recalled unless our management thinks he is too valuable for our NHL-team not to recall him.

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yeah, that was pretty much what I was looking at. I think DW pretty much knows Goldobin is making the team next year and probably just wants to keep that contract as long as possible. The interesting thing will be who will be dealt to open the spot in the lineup. Zubrus and Brown being UFA's won't be filled by Goldobin, I'd think.

I agree. I think Zubrus actually is re-signed. He has been really good for our 4th line and I expect him to play a mentor role for the young kids. Brown is gone.

Also, I can see one of Nieto (RFA), Karlsson or Wingels being dealt. Goldobin just fits on that top line with Thornton and Pavs. It makes too much sense. Donskoi has shown that he can be a decent top-6 player. Get Couture up to the #2C and let Hertl go down and play as the #3C.

Goldobin-Jumbo-Pavs
Marleau-Couture-Donskoi
Wingels/Nieto-Hertl-Ward
Zubrus-Tierney-Karlsson/Nieto

I am not sure if Meier is going to be making the team next year. Maybe he surprises us at training camp. Who knows? If that is the case, then things can definitely get interesting.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I agree. I think Zubrus actually is re-signed. He has been really good for our 4th line and I expect him to play a mentor role for the young kids. Brown is gone.

Also, I can see one of Nieto (RFA), Karlsson or Wingels being dealt. Goldobin just fits on that top line with Thornton and Pavs. It makes too much sense. Donskoi has shown that he can be a decent top-6 player. Get Couture up to the #2C and let Hertl go down and play as the #3C.

Goldobin-Jumbo-Pavs
Marleau-Couture-Donskoi
Wingels/Nieto-Hertl-Ward
Zubrus-Tierney-Karlsson/Nieto

I am not sure if Meier is going to be making the team next year. Maybe he surprises us at training camp. Who knows? If that is the case, then things can definitely get interesting.

I don't think Goldobin fits with the Joes at all.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Which might give him 2-3 weeks before the end of the season.

Could even get in a few games with Barracuda if needed (whose regular season runs until 4/17).

He could probably play with it. Its a pain threshold thing. I missed 2 games in college and came back and played at 85% until I was healthy. (Football)

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
He could probably play with it. Its a pain threshold thing. I missed 2 games in college and came back and played at 85% until I was healthy. (Football)

I'd be willing to bet it's causing him issues with stick handling and his shot. I suspect it's more like a QB with a sprained throwing shoulder than it would be like the same issue on someone who's a RB, etc.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I'd be willing to bet it's causing him issues with stick handling and his shot. I suspect it's more like a QB with a sprained throwing shoulder than it would be like the same issue on someone who's a RB, etc.

Depends on the grade of the sprain. That's why they said "days" or "weeks".

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 2m2 minutes ago

Wingels looking at possible return next week. When injury first happened, they figured it would take about this long to recover #SJSharks

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Depends on the grade of the sprain. That's why they said "days" or "weeks".

Yep, depends on the grade. It took me 5 months to be able to sleep on my right side with a probable grade 3 separation. It was ~3 months until I could play hockey again, and I went back earlier than I should have (PT said to wait until I could sleep on that side).

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wingo has never been questioned for his toughness or willingness to play. Glad to hear he's back soon. Could definitely use his hard work, penalty drawing prowless, and hitting. Would love for him to be dressed for the Oilers game. He'll rock someone good with a check

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto

How'd you hurt it? I had some AC joint issues last year. Took me about 3 weeks of PT.

I learned the hard way to not be too anterior dominant when working out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad