Injury Report: 2/18: Wingels

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Dillion has missed a week with day to day so a while might be two weeks +.

Hopefully it's Goodrow or someone taking his spot since Brown doesn't provide much.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Dillion has missed a week with day to day so a while might be two weeks +.

Hopefully it's Goodrow or someone taking his spot since Brown doesn't provide much.

They should bring up Smith and move Karlsson up to Wingels' spot.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Damn it Ekblad just let Tommy run you over next time! He pulled up as Tommy closed on him and they clipped skates. One of the few spills not caused by the bad ice.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think tomorrow you'll just find Brown playing. When we get back home hopefully they bring up Smith.

If he's going to be out for a little while, they're not going to wait to bring someone up. They may not be ready for tomorrow's game but they're not going to wait until they get home when they have two more games on this road trip.

How long is waivers? Doesn't Smith need re-entry waivers?

Re-entry waivers is abolished.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
How long is waivers? Doesn't Smith need re-entry waivers?

Re-entry waivers went away with last CBA.

Smith can be recalled and play Friday night.

Smith can be up for up to 10 games or 30 days on NHL roster before he'd have to clear waivers to be assigned to AHL.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
If he's going to be out for a little while, they're not going to wait to bring someone up. They may not be ready for tomorrow's game but they're not going to wait until they get home when they have two more games on this road trip.

Re-entry waivers is abolished.

Re-entry waivers went away with last CBA.

Smith can be recalled and play Friday night.

Smith can be up for up to 10 games or 30 days on NHL roster before he'd have to clear waivers to be assigned to AHL.

Well....

KiiAWaL.png

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I feel terrible for Wingels. He was on a roll too. Bad luck and timing with that injury.

I feel even worse for our team. We miss Wingels and now Brown is going to be in our lineup (strong hunch).

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
If this does turn out to be serious I think this will expedite whatever DW was planning on doing at the deadline, I could see him adding a depth forward maybe in a larger deal to also acquire a d or a backup.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
As long as they call up Ben Smith instead of inserting Brown into the lineup, this shouldn't affect much. I like Wingels and wish him a speedy recovery but he's definitely the weakest link of the top nine.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Sucks for Wingels, hopefully they have someone by tomorrow night's game. I don't really want to see Brown play.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
If this does turn out to be serious I think this will expedite whatever DW was planning on doing at the deadline, I could see him adding a depth forward maybe in a larger deal to also acquire a d or a backup.

I would imagine a depth forward wasn't at the top of DW's 'want' list but I agree, if this is anything at all serious (and hopefully it's not) it could push him to do make a move.

The Sharks are currently at the 23 man roster limit so they'll have to make a move before being able to call someone up, likely putting Dillon on IR since he's already been out for a week.

This is crappy timing for Wingels as he was playing good hockey since the Donskoi-Couture-Wingels line got put together, he's also elite at drawing penalties and penalty killing so they're going to miss him.

I would hope Smith gets the call (he's earned it) and if he does that DeBoer gives him a real chance, on the wing where he belongs, to prove himself.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Just found out Smith has 7 goals in 11 games in the AHL. Anyone know if he's been playing center or wing?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00