GDT: 2/16/17 - Wild vs. Stars - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
No way that the officials catch that trip by Faksa in real time. Don't blame them at all for the Nino call.

Kuemper played well. I was less impressed by pretty much everyone else, but what else is new. Wins are good.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So Nyquist spears a guy in the face and doesn't get a 5, but Nino gets slew footed, causing him to run into Sharp, and he's gets 5 and a game?

Feel like I'm in bizarro land.

Way to go fourth line. Way to go Kuemps. Looked calmer in the net.

Olofsson...wow. Impressive.

I'm sure refs focus wasn't on Sharp/Nino. Tough to pickup that Nino/Faska's skates hit.

I'm sure real time from the periphery of view it looked like a horrible hit.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No way that the officials catch that trip by Faksa in real time. Don't blame them at all for the Nino call.

Kuemper played well. I was less impressed by pretty much everyone else, but what else is new. Wins are good.

That's how I see it too. If Sharp bounced off Nino the Refs wouldn't have noticed that either. A player who's airborne, skates over head, catches your attention. The game already being chippy makes it look worse also.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Decent game tonight. Kuemper seemed competent, wasn't much he could have done on the one that went in.

Didn't think what Nino did warranted a misconduct, but I'm sure the DPS will see it differently.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Decent game tonight. Kuemper seemed competent, wasn't much he could have done on the one that went in.

Didn't think what Nino did warranted a misconduct, but I'm sure the DPS will see it differently.

nah, dps won't do a thing. Misconduct was due to refs seeing the after math missing the faska collision. DPS will see that.

Judging by the surprising lack of a main board thread, even stars fans could see it was an accident on reply.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Pommer scoring and Wild wins correlation.

Last year Wild 38 wins, Pommer 36 points. This year Wild 38 wins, Pommer 36 points. Weird coincidence that they are equal between the two seasons.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Coyle made it very clear in this one he's really not a centerman. He just likes to play center.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Coyle made it very clear in this one he's really not a centerman. He just likes to play center.

I don't know how much I'd put on Coyle for this game, Tuch drags down his linemates.

Nino and Pommer tried to bring Staal to life, but everything died on his stick and went back the other way for a good scoring chance.

Parise/Coyle for whatever reason don't play well together.

Pommer seems to be Parise's blankie this year.

I've seen enough of Tuch, send him back to Iowa. Give Pokemon another shot for the last game before the break.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hmmm...I thought Tuch was playing faster. Maybe not much success, but he showed he has another gear. Now he's got to learn to play at that speed consistently.

There were definitely some bright spots. Kuemper, Spurgeon, Haula, Olofsson, Schroeder, Koivu, Suter, as always. The PP. I thought Nini, Poms, and Parise played well, but didn't have the results.

In general, though, the only line that was clicking was the fourth. Haula makes that line dangerous, AND better defensively.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
nah, dps won't do a thing. Misconduct was due to refs seeing the after math missing the faska collision. DPS will see that.

Judging by the surprising lack of a main board thread, even stars fans could see it was an accident on reply.

You spoke too soon...

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
Some of you guys are way too hard on Tuch. He's played 5 games. He's been up and down; that's to be expected.

It took Nino and Coyle a long time to become the players they are today. Have some patience. Learning the power forward game in the NHL takes some time. He clearly has the skills, size, speed, and smarts to play in the NHL. He just needs learn to play with the big boys.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Some of you guys are way too hard on Tuch. He's played 5 games. He's been up and down; that's to be expected.

It took Nino and Coyle a long time to become the players they are today. Have some patience. Learning the power forward game in the NHL takes some time. He clearly has the skills, size, speed, and smarts to play in the NHL. He just needs learn to play with the big boys.

I don't doubt that he has potential to be a really good player, but right now it doesn't seem to be clicking for him. Now that he has gotten a taste I think he should go back down for a while.

He'd be a perfect late season callup in the last few games, to rest a couple guys before the playoffs.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think it's more that Tuch doesn't appear to be a plug in solution to our top 9, as was hoped. Moving Haula to the fourth line fixes that problem, but creates another hole elsewhere.

Agree that we have to show patience with Tuch. I did think he showed improvement last night. Worst case scenario would be if he shows signs of not " getting it" and continues to cruise around like it's a beer league. I didn't see that.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i guess we played well enough to win. i dont like that dallas outshot us. i dont think players should ever be allowed in the blue paint unless a live puck is there. i felt there should have been goaltender interference on the dallas goal. how the refs missed faska bumping nino is a mystery of the universe. i was glad both koivu & BB gave it to the refs.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
i guess we played well enough to win. i dont like that dallas outshot us. i dont think players should ever be allowed in the blue paint unless a live puck is there. i felt there should have been goaltender interference on the dallas goal. how the refs missed faska bumping nino is a mystery of the universe. i was glad both koivu & BB gave it to the refs.

Do you really want to bring back the rule that led to "Hull was in the crease"? That rule was terrible.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
shouldn't the goalie have some room to do his job? nobody was pushing or bumping the dallas player into the crease last night , he went there on his own to cause trouble.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I thought it was goaltender interference, but then that Parise goal a while back seemed like offsides and it went our way. You win some, you lose some, and if the ones you lose don't cost you games then I say build up that call karma.

I did not even realize that Tuch played last night.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i also dislike goalies playing the puck outside the crease not being fair game to atleast bump or nudge. where was coyle suppose to go?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Benn is making like Landeskog...what a maroon. It was pretty obvious that Coyle wasn't out to hit his goalie. With leadership like that, no wonder DAL is losing.

I respect his skill, but the guy comes of like a hot-headed baby every time we play them.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I blame the coach, just like I blame Roy for turning Landeskog into what he is today. You gotta take your talented players aside and tell them they've got other guys who can do that job. Your job is putting the puck in the net. Can't do that if you're in the box.

I think this whole Roussel/Kesler/Hornquist agitator thing is overrated. Play with heart and spirit, sure, but the cheap stuff doesn't inspire anything or anyone.

Last edited:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Also, going from top to bottom during a single year makes players frustrated. Like Avs, Stars..

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I missed the final 2/3 of the game, but just saw the Niederreiter penalty. Wow. Some Dallas fans (I assume) are beside themselves with how dirty the hit was, because if you edit the video to leave out the part where Faksa trips Nino 1 second beforehand, it looks bad. Once you see what actually happened, the 5 minute misconduct call looks ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad