GDT: 2/14/17 - Wild vs. Ducks - 7PM CT - not-NBC (aka FS-N+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I don't know what has happened to the 4th line, but they were garbage last night. The Stewart-Haula-Mitchell experiment clearly didn't work; did Stewart and Mitchell even see the ice in the 3rd?

A couple weeks ago, I found myself commenting at least a few times a game about how the 4th line is having a good shift. Haven't found myself saying that in a while.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well when things are going bad on the 4th line, time to call up Gabriel... (half-serious)

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
gibson stood on his head, a couple times i thought he needed oxygen! 5 PP & nothing to show for it? we beat ourselves last night. even doobs stood on his head.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I don't know what has happened to the 4th line, but they were garbage last night. The Stewart-Haula-Mitchell experiment clearly didn't work; did Stewart and Mitchell even see the ice in the 3rd?

A couple weeks ago, I found myself commenting at least a few times a game about how the 4th line is having a good shift. Haven't found myself saying that in a while.

Yeah, they didn't look great. I saw Boudreau was moving Haula around to different lines in the 3rd period too and I don't remember seeing very much of Stewart or Mitchell. Boudreau is clearly looking for something more out of that line and I'm not sure he's going to get it out of Graovac/Mitchell/Other AHL call-up. You'd have to think it's all but certain we're going to be acquiring another bottom six piece at the TDL.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, they didn't look great. I saw Boudreau was moving Haula around to different lines in the 3rd period too and I don't remember seeing very much of Stewart or Mitchell. Boudreau is clearly looking for something more out of that line and I'm not sure he's going to get it out of Graovac/Mitchell/Other AHL call-up. You'd have to think it's all but certain we're going to be acquiring another bottom six piece at the TDL.

Yep, I think the writing is on the wall. If they can find a relatively cheap bottom six piece that will fit in, I think Boudreau would want to jump all over it.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
A bit annoying that the most dominant Wild performance in a while couldn't get on the scoreboard, but a Ducks goalie playing like Brodziak killing a 5 on 3 with no stick, arms, or legs is nothing new.

At least a did-all-the-right-things-but-still-lost game seems different now. Doesn't seem like Boudreau will use it as an excuse to not change anything.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yep, I think the writing is on the wall. If they can find a relatively cheap bottom six piece that will fit in, I think Boudreau would want to jump all over it.

Fletcher and BB are doing everything but beg one of their AHL'ers to step up and fill a role on the team.

Last edited:

AOSC

Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota
I didn't watch this game, but I am actually pretty high on Olofsson. He does make mistakes but I could see him becoming a Top-4 Guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad