Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Buffalo finally woke up.
Played a solid game tonight.
ROR and Reinhart leading the way.

Just enough to screw themselves out of Dahlin. :laugh:

Stinks Flyers/Devils was a 3 point game but at least it went to a SO and no one gets an ROW. I think that will be very important at the end as bunched up as every one is.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Buffalo finally woke up.
Played a solid game tonight.
ROR and Reinhart leading the way.

It's been a few weeks since the paddling Housley gave them for the dud they laid against the Stars. They've been more good than bad for 3/3.5 weeks or so.

I'm surprised they went to trying to tire out the Bolts via skating tonight. If there was any team to not try to be in a trackmeet with, I'd have thought Tampa. Surprisingly it worked out.

Reactions: Yatzhee

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
It's been a few weeks since the paddling Housley gave them for the dud they laid against the Stars. They've been more good than bad for 3/3.5 weeks or so.

I'm surprised they went to trying to tire out the Bolts via skating tonight. If there was any team to not try to be in a trackmeet with, I'd have thought Tampa. Surprisingly it worked out.
yeah but Tampa is on a b2b. played a fast paced tough game last night too.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

Hoping the play continues. Outside of Johnson's adventure out of the net, they looked like a cohesive defensive unit.

Reactions: Chainshot

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Tampa is losing. Boston and toronto on fire. things could get very interesting at the top 9f the Atlantic.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I didn't watch a second of it but how the heck do the Sabres, without Eichel, beat the Bolts? Wow!!

Part of it is that Tampa played last night. The other part is that the Sabres horrid team shooting percentage had to break at some point. The last three games they’ve started to.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
yeah but Tampa is on a b2b. played a fast paced tough game last night too.

I know, I'm surprised it worked in the Sabres favor. It points to how much better they are in both playing a system and when they don't have a lot of skating dead in the lineup. They aren't super quick, but taking guys like Nolan, Moulson, and Tennyson out of the lineup has improved their foot speed. Not to mention having some defensemen who can pass the puck compared to the shellshocked grenade launching duo that has been McCabe-Brokegosian allows them to actually move up the ice on occasion.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hoping the play continues. Outside of Johnson's adventure out of the net, they looked like a cohesive defensive unit.

Yeah, having seen some Amerks games, if someone had said "Hey, Casey Nelson is going to be playing top 4 mintues for Buffalo" I'd have thought Botts was in Murray tank commander mode.

Back to the action -- loving watching the Jets again tonight. Hope for the best for them -- highly entertaining.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Neal down for the count after taking a slapshot off the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad