GDT: 2/12/17 - Wild vs. Red Wings - 2PM CT - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I want some close-pics of Dubs' new mask.

8Ugix4Y.jpg

xEzBL3T.jpg

VI2Onb1.jpg

qr1ysUa.jpg

oq0XK4E.jpg

wFnK8C0.jpg

Here you go from reddit

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he definitely moves the puck better than Scandella, skated well but got lost in his own zone from time to time. He was a bit undecisive under pressure, but was better when the puck was in the neutral zone and into the offensive zone.

Well, I don't agree about Scandella, but agree that he shows poise and talent when handling the puck, especially in the D zone. I know he can get a bit quicker with his feet ...no big worries there, but he seems really thin. I worry that he is going to get broken.

So far, so good.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's very satisfying to see how far this team has come over the years. When I think back to the frustrating incompetence of the Risebrough era, and then look at what an intelligently-assembled team looks like... well... it just feels good to see that Minnesota finally seems to have the hockey team it's always deserved.

Watching the game today, I caught a few glimpses of the Blonde Behind the Bench again. Has she ever missed a game in 17 years? Think of how much hockey she's seen from that seat, how much change she's seen as the team has evolved. She should write a book. Then we'd finally find out what her name is!

Fletcher deserves a ton of credit here. He could have listened to the naysayers and start trying to move in a different direction with the team, but he believed in what he was doing and had the patience to see it through, and when Bruce came available he went the extra mile to get Bruce here to put it all together.

Great drafting, quality player development, smart trades timely and savvy free agent pick ups in Staal and Stewart.

He learned from early mistakes and has built what looks like a powerhouse of a team. All without having to tank for a top pick.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Two or three assists...don't remember, too lazy to check...but he was responsible for at least one of the Wings goals too.

He's still clearly a rookie with some things to learn, but he was put in a tough spot today. Played well enough for the W.

Quote error.

Edit to just say i dont not like Dubnyks new mask. Think its for green jerseys only?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Watching him closely. He play extremely high in the D zone if he doesn't senses

Yeah that's why I said in another post that he seems to get lost at times in his own zone...gets so focused on the puck and puck carrier that he drifts high and out of position...

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
Fletcher deserves a ton of credit here. He could have listened to the naysayers and start trying to move in a different direction with the team, but he believed in what he was doing and had the patience to see it through, and when Bruce came available he went the extra mile to get Bruce here to put it all together.

Great drafting, quality player development, smart trades timely and savvy free agent pick ups in Staal and Stewart.

He learned from early mistakes and has built what looks like a powerhouse of a team. All without having to tank for a top pick.

I totally agree. I don't follow the team as closely as I used to, because I no longer live in Minnesota. But from what I do see, Fletcher has done an extraordinary job. This is the way to build a team, and he deserves a ton of credit.

Sure is fun to wonder how good this team would be if they still had The Beard back there on the blueline. I was always a huge fan of Burnsie.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Yeah I missed it during the game too. Damn, that was ****ing vicious. I'd slap at least 10 games suspension for that ****. There's no place for such ******** in hockey.

Idk, who cares about hockey games. I rather have plays like this go to anger management. People snapping is dangerous. Tony Stewart killed a guy after like 5 times snapping in public.

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
Yeah I missed it during the game too. Damn, that was ****ing vicious. I'd slap at least 10 games suspension for that ****. There's no place for such ******** in hockey.

And he knew exactly what he was doing, too. He was looking him right in the eye as he speared him. No excuse for that at all; while it was technically a crosscheck, in reality it was scarcely a tap. He just shoved him, a glancing blow. There's no reason for something that mild to **** someone off that much.

I mean, if Spurgeon had trucked him from behind and drove his face into the glass or something, yeah - I can at least understand why a guy might snap. Not excusing it, but I could at least see how it could happen. But this? Man, when I played a took a dozen shots like that every game. You don't even notice 'em. Why would that provoke someone to spear a man in the face? That's just crazy. He came within a couple of inches of blinding a guy for life. The league needs to stomp him hard.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
With the way Parise and Poms are starting to play, #@$! the trade deadline. Feels like we got 2 new players for free. :yo:

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Did anyone else think we played sloppy today? The wings just seemed that bad to me, missing the net etc. I mean our transition game didn't look smooth and how many shorthanded shots did we give up? I'll take the win obviously but I think BB noticed we weren't sharp when he was changing the lines throughout the game

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They were definitely sloppy, in fact, they've been a bit sloppy the last few games. Defense has taken a hit, and even Dubs has looked more human lately. Thankfully the offense is picking up the slack.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Did anyone else think we played sloppy today? The wings just seemed that bad to me, missing the net etc. I mean our transition game didn't look smooth and how many shorthanded shots did we give up? I'll take the win obviously but I think BB noticed we weren't sharp when he was changing the lines throughout the game

Yes, they looked sloppy at times. Part of it had to do with having a d-corps consisting of a 4/5D, two 6/7D, and a guy playing in his 6th career NHL game; all playing ~17 minutes each. The FWD lines in the 2nd were put in the blender. Overall things looked disjointed for the Wild. Dub not bringing his 'A' game didn't help either.

I am glad it was Olofsson over Reilly today. Even though he got caught out of position a few times, his defensive game is much better.

There were 3 short-handed shots, and a couple that missed the net. Not great, but when the PP goes 3 of 4, and Pommer/Olofsson is the 2nd pairing, it can be understood a little bit.

Suter at 'only' 26 minutes surprised me considering who was all missing. It's a win, I'll take it. Learn from it and on to the next.

3 more games this week, then 1 game in 8 days to rest up and get healthy.

Suavecito

Oct 8, 2016
Milwaukee
Gotta give props to the Wild, and their fans for acknowledging the passing of Mr. Ilitch.

If this game was in Chicago - they'd boo, and chant 'Detroit Sucks'!

A big thanks from a Cheesehead Wings fan, and sorry about Nyquist...D-bag move, and he deserves a suspension.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The defense was struggling more than any game this season. Good thing we were facing the Wings so we could just simply out score them.

We need both Brodin and Dumba back.

We obviously can play well with one OR the other, but when both are out we struggle.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Gotta give props to the Wild, and their fans for acknowledging the passing of Mr. Ilitch.

If this game was in Chicago - they'd boo, and chant 'Detroit Sucks'!

A big thanks from a Cheesehead Wings fan, and sorry about Nyquist...D-bag move, and he deserves a suspension.

I didn't know much about Ilitch, but it sounds like he did a lot for hockey in Detroit.

RIP.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
nyquist just had a boneheaded reaction. i didnt think the wild played that great & even lou nanne thought they played a sloppy game. coyles goal was spectacular! doesn't get any better than that. olofsson blown coverage led to the wings 1st goal. 2 more points in the bank. who's next?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I didn't know much about Ilitch, but it sounds like he did a lot for hockey in Detroit.

RIP.

Before he bought the team the DRW were the worst of the original six. Howe was long gone, and with a bad taste in his mouth, as he was treated shabbily by the management. Mahovlich was traded, they made a series of bad moves, and were known as penny pinching cheapskates.

Ilitch came in and overspent on players, getting aging but still effective players such as Salming and Sittler to start, as well as the Red Army Russians once they were finally allowed to leave the country. He also hired excellent managers and coaches( I.e.Bowman). Basically, he made a commitment to excellence, and put money on the table to make it so, in contrast to the other sad sack team of the 70 and 80's, the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad