GDT: 2/12/17 - Wild vs. Red Wings - 2PM CT - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wild win...not the prettiest defensively, but that was expected with who was missing...offensively, they cruised.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
I like this team.

You are clearly a man of taste and distinction.

Pretty nice team we've got going.

nautings.jpg

Me right now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Pommer 1 point shy of last year's total. Could 50p really be a possibility for him?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Pommer 1 point shy of last year's total. Could 50p really be a possibility for him?

Thing is he has never been as bad as he gets blamed for - always the pro. "Snakebit" means he's getting chances, making plays. 50 would be sweet.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Nice win!

Listened to most of it in the car. Made me remember how great Kurtz and Reid are. They are so smooth calling the game, compliment each other very well.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Weird team. They play well, they'll win, play bad and they win. I like this kind of weird though.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Olofsson with the #3 star, neat.

Two or three assists...don't remember, too lazy to check...but he was responsible for at least one of the Wings goals too.

He's still clearly a rookie with some things to learn, but he was put in a tough spot today. Played well enough for the W.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Loofa seems like a cross between Scandella and Brodin. Can handle the puck well. Maybe a bit slow with his feet, but looks to be more nimble than Folin and Prosser, and that long reach helps. If he improves a bit he will have a decent or better NHL career.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Psst! Shh! Don't tell anyone, but that's what great teams do! Shhhh! Keep this between us!

Oh yeah,true! Don't worry, my lips are sealed. This conversation did not happen. What conversation? What team? What sport? Hockey? Minnesota? No, never heard of that..

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Loofa seems like a cross between Scandella and Brodin. Can handle the puck well. Maybe a bit slow with his feet, but looks to be more nimble than Folin and Prosser, and that long reach helps. If he improves a bit he will have a decent or better NHL career.

I think he definitely moves the puck better than Scandella, skated well but got lost in his own zone from time to time. He was a bit undecisive under pressure, but was better when the puck was in the neutral zone and into the offensive zone.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Is that a DaveArt mask? If so, I find it amazing that it doesn't have any trademark registered copyright GLOWTECH 2.0 MLG FX and glitter everywhere, plus being scratched up to all hell to look like vintage style.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Folin, Olofsson, and Prosser scored 4 points between them and Suter and Spurgeon were -1 in a 6-3 win.

Thought Zucker played great, but didn't have any points. Koivu was terrific, and Parise is looking very Parise- like again. Looks fast, and has his balance. Nino also very good.

Very, very glad to see that Zucker and Spurge are OK.

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
It's very satisfying to see how far this team has come over the years. When I think back to the frustrating incompetence of the Risebrough era, and then look at what an intelligently-assembled team looks like... well... it just feels good to see that Minnesota finally seems to have the hockey team it's always deserved.

Watching the game today, I caught a few glimpses of the Blonde Behind the Bench again. Has she ever missed a game in 17 years? Think of how much hockey she's seen from that seat, how much change she's seen as the team has evolved. She should write a book. Then we'd finally find out what her name is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad