Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
my two cents are I don't think we can win 2 more low scoring games like this one vs the Bruins just not good enough defensively to hold Boston down for 2 more games, hopefully the 2nd best offense in the regular season can win us a game. also all those people saying we lose in game 7 OT is a leafy thing to do, I would take going into OT in game 7 right now if given the chance,

also alot of people like the Domi Marner Bertuzzi line and while they have certainly had alot of offensive zone time both Marner and Domi give up to many scoring chances for passes, I would split them up for that reason once Matthews returns.

Reactions: mikelb7

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Still need work on blocking shots and get through blocks. 10 shots or so more on goal if the teams would have been equally good in that area.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I was stuck in traffic on the 401 in 1992 when Alomar hit the homerun off Eckersley to finally get the Jays over the hump in the ALCS. Sometimes radio is even better than TV, Everyone around me was cheering, honking. It was like a rolling street party.

Couldn't agree more. I was photocopying stuff at Staples in 02 when the Leafs came back against Ottawa being 2 goals down in Game 6. Ricard Persson, what an idiot!

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
look how defeated Boston looked. Toronto still might win

We just have to be the better team twice and hope the better team wins. Or heck possibly even get lucky 1 of these 2 games being outplayed and win. It's really could go either way now.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
McCabe had a terrific game as well.

Maybe we consider promoting him to PP1? He doesn't have Rielly's ability but at least his shot is a threat...

It feels like a massive problem with the PP is that the PK never has to contest the point, because Rielly isn't a threat to score. Just deny the middle.

That and they cross their own blue line more than the opposing team's.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
my two cents are I don't think we can win 2 more low scoring games like this one vs the Bruins just not good enough defensively to hold Boston down for 2 more games, hopefully the 2nd best offense in the regular season can win us a game. also all those people saying we lose in game 7 OT is a leafy thing to do, I would take going into OT in game 7 right now if given the chance,

also alot of people like the Domi Marner Bertuzzi line and while they have certainly had alot of offensive zone time both Marner and Domi give up to many scoring chances for passes, I would split them up for that reason once Matthews returns.

Do we really expect Matthews back this series though?

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I expect Boston to lay an egg on Thursday.
would you not say this was their egg?

they had 2 total shots in the first and couldn't get anything in the 2nd

I'd expect a decent push, but if you can get 1 by their goalie (whoever it is) for their confidence to crumble

I'm still insanely doubtful of this series, but it went up from 0%

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
We didn't play well today. Played a little better than Boston only

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
If he couldn't do it tonight, I'd be surprised if he could Thursday. It must be a bad one, although he did skate a bit so we'll see.

Can only hope to win the series without him now and have him back healthy for round 2

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Quite obvious, but whomever is winning in goal is winning the series. That’s really the only difference at this point. Just have to hope Woll can keep this up, and that the team keeps playing well in front of him. I know everyone wants the stars to light it up, but when the games are close checking that doesn’t happen. You just need the skill to come through when it matters.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
would you not say this was their egg?

they had 2 total shots in the first and couldn't get anything in the 2nd

I'd expect a decent push, but if you can get 1 by their goalie (whoever it is) for their confidence to crumble

I'm still insanely doubtful of this series, but it went up from 0%

I just want a goal from just a regular wrister to go in. Ya know? A good shot from the rush kind of thing. We haven't had a single one.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Grateful for the victory! Still, if someone would have told me that we'd have a couple of wins in Boston while somehow also having our backs against the wall...

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I just want a goal from just a regular wrister to go in. Ya know? A good shot from the rush kind of thing. We haven't had a single one.
it's actually mind boggling

We have a 70 goal scorer, a 40 goal scorer, two 30 goal scorer, a 20 goal scorer and a few in the teens

Yes I rounded and paced everyone up but the point still remains

It shouldn't be this hard for a talented team like ours to score a normal hockey goal. Matthews's only goal is a fricking breakaway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad