Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Cant sleep for some reason

But anytime a team ramps up the hits on us we just seem to go into a shell. Which is weird, prob cause we dont care to ramp it up and save for playoffs?
Just annoying to see our latest addition get hammered constantly and reinhart slammed.

Had some good opportunities we couldnt convert, but we had no answer for their defensive pressure and looked really disorganized on all lines.

Also both goals were scored on the 2nd line.

Sucks to lose but i mean i cant be that mad, just worries me that philly plays a similar style and we just cant match up it seems.

Need another maurice rant on the bench

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
4th game since Saturday.

No legs
This plus first game back after a road trip which is interestingly always an issue - the players actually admit this themselves.

No injuries, Tarasenko fitting in pretty well - I thought he did the things that make us a good, great on the backcheck, little touch plays in the corners. PHI is a fast, skilled, disciplined team, would be a great matchup with them. So not a loss to make a fuss about.

Let's even take a positive away: Ek and Monty directly responsible for the 2 goals, so they definitely should not get Forsling-money!

Reactions: BabyBennettov

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
This plus first game back after a road trip which is interestingly always an issue - the players actually admit this themselves.
Teams also tend to lose at least the first game after a mid-season signing of a high-profile player. Tarasenko, Kane ... you name it cause other guys to step down.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
We had 3 different scoring lines and surprisingly our best was the one unchanged.

It's going to take a few games for everyone to get situated again

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
We had 3 different scoring lines and surprisingly our best was the one unchanged.

It's going to take a few games for everyone to get situated again
Agree. It just goes to show how the injection of someone new into an established environment can impact things. It’s very psychological.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
How did Tank do? Didn’t watch the game

Personally I thought he looked lost, clearly didn't understand the system and where he should be positioned in the breakouts for example. Also the cycle game in the o zone was pretty messy with Rhino and Barky. It got better as the game went on, I'm sure he will look much better against Calgary.

Reactions: Panteras

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I mean, if we can't beat Philly when it matters then just close the shop lol. We weren't going anywhere anyway at that point.

It's not that we can't beat them, but they play a similar grinding game and we haven't matched up well against them so far. Similar to how the Rangers were a tough matchup before. Would much rather face Tampa or Toronto.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Torts has figured out how to play Florida. Just hope no one they face in the playoffs take a piece out of their game plan.

Option B: We weren't going 100%. I'll take option B and face Philly in the first round without problems. They play hard but have very little skill compared to us. And we'll play hard too when the playoffs come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad