Post-Game Talk: 2-1 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
The Flyers are desperate for points and our guys tried to get away with minimal effort again. The third period was an embarrassing effort, got bullied at home.

Reactions: PSLguy

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I think the Habs game and this one were both really, really weak efforts and it seems to be turning into a trend.

I think that’s the kind of game we’re going to see against average and mediocre teams for the rest of the season. I would call it energy management before the playoffs. They know what’s coming in a few weeks.

I’m fine with it, as long as they find ways to win most of the games.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Also I think this is kind of just natural rubber-banding/ebb and flow. They were just on a ridiculous tear. You can’t keep that up indefinitely no matter who you are. They were always going to come back to Earth a bit. That requires losing, as much as that sucks.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
When we beat Boston in 7 last year, we were the only ones with a winning record against them in the regular season, I believe. The Flyers are poised to do the same to us unless Panthers prepare properly. Tonight may have been just the “Tarasenko will score a hat trick with Barkov” night and they’ll get over it in which case it was a good lesson.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Meaningless loss, better to have a stinker so the boys can get back on the horse quicker.

Just beat Calgary. Huberdeau can go kick rocks.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Meaningless loss, better to have a stinker so the boys can get back on the horse quicker.

Just beat Calgary. Huberdeau can go kick rocks.
If I had to pick which game Florida won between Calgary and Philly. Would definitely be Philly.

Calgary is among the wildcards that could potentially kick out Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad