Post-Game Talk: 2-1 Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That seems a little simplistic. I'm not convinced by the word game argument - I could do that, too. The top line is supposed to be stacked. That's why it's called the top line! Obviously Babcock doesn't understand basic english over there in Toronto. ;)

The 2nd PP unit will usually see the weaker PK unit. So you could argue it's worthwhile to have a decent offensive threat on that line as well. It seems to me the very same arguments could be made for spreading out the offense on the PP as for creating an offensive top 9. So I disagree with those advocating for one, and not the other.

There's no doubt the PP was a gong show last game against the Jackets. But I'm not sure the problem was deployment. I'd want the coach to try to address some of the basic zone entry mistakes the team was making before juggling things up.

I agree with the many good posts lately that take a more long term view - that our defense is looking much more solid, and that's the most important thing after the trainwreck we witnessed to start the season. If there's one thing I'm not worried about with the Jets, it's scoring. The things I do worry about (goaltending, defense) are trending right. The lack of scoring could just be a short term fluke (we played against some great goalies), or a temporary adjustment period as the players are focusing on executing the D improvements.

True that is a little simplistic. But you ignore a key part. If PP1 scores the PP is over. So every effort should be made to score as quickly as possible, unless you are trying to wear out the opponents PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad