What's your excuse?
New Standings, who dis?

Standings.JPG

Been around

Jul 16, 2022
schism
[ˈs(k)izəm]

NOUN
  1. a split or division between strongly opposed sections or parties, caused by differences in opinion or belief:
    "the widening schism between so called leaders and real players... Vezina players..." · "the persistence of this Helle' could produce schism within PoMo's room

tenor.gif
This is my favorite memory of maurice lol

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
They barely play and usually 10 mins or less for a reason. They're ineffective. I didn't think we could get less offense from previous 4cs (ie Thompson, Toninato) but here we are.
You don't pay your 4th line to put up points. You pay them to play enough minutes of not getting scored against to give a rest to the guys that you pay to put up points

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Might get ripped apart for this . But if Wheelers contract wasn’t over in 2 years I would probably say he’s earned the C back

He’s being selfless , hard working , leading by example, his attitude is light years better then in years past. He’s basically a captain without a letter right now and it’s showing

Maybe not having the weight of the C is helping him just go out and play and be himself. I think this leadership by committee thing is working quite well for this group.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Scheif playing like he wants the C.
Might get ripped apart for this . But if Wheelers contract wasn’t over in 2 years I would probably say he’s earned the C back

He’s being selfless , hard working , leading by example, his attitude is light years better then in years past. He’s basically a captain without a letter right now and it’s showing
I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty happy without a captain. The whole team is stepping up, there are no hurt feelings and there is no burden. They're more of a team this way.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
You don't pay your 4th line to put up points. You pay them to play enough minutes of not getting scored against to give a rest to the guys that you pay to put up points

That is one way of doing it. The Redwings though have a fourth line centered by Veleno and they play a good two way game and are a danger to score on teams. I prefer that way of thinking myself.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Intere

There was an interesting point in the PoMo presser today when he mentionned that Ron Francis said that a guy should give up the C at 35 since he can't relate to the 21 year olds anymore. I honestly think that once the initial slap in the face of having it taken passed, he's not choked about it anymore

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

Having a 'C' doesn't matter except for media stuff. Locker room leaders are locker room leaders, no matter the status on the front of their jersey.

It's why so many teams have their best player be the captain by default, they're gonna be out in front of it anyways.

Big Buff was undeniably the Jets real captain when he was here, but he never wore the C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad