Post-Game Talk: 1st place once again, Jets win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Apparently according to another poster, Conner on the SC interview said Maurice went weeks between talking to players. Any wonder things were a giant clusterf*** on the ice with a severe lack of communication. No wonder players didn't know what they were supposed to do.

The more things come out from the players the more I'm left shaking my head on why he was allowed to stay on.

I always kind of thought that Maurice saying he stopped coaching certain players was half joking and treated it as such. Usually using the quote hyperbolically or tongue-in-cheek when the Jets were playing like shit.

If that's what Connor actually said that's a huge indictment of Maurice. What the f*** were they even paying him for? :laugh:

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Hard to say, he's so good at zone exits that he spends less time there than our other wingers. He also hasn't played enough in Bones system to compare him this year vs our other players this year.

How about Ehlers' defense under Maurice? Irrespective of whether or not others are good/average/bad defensively.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
So if Mo is just a good #1 d. Is there anyone on the team that can be considered a “star” other than Helly?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
What the hell are we even doing with our time here, if we're not going to engage in some idle speculation. That's half the fun!

Also: Goalie Bob? More like Goalie BYOB amirite?! Hoo boy. Imagine having 10 million tied up in a sub-AHL backup for years and years.
Since signing in Florida, Bobrovsky has had a .899 save percentage across four seasons. The league average during that timespan has been .908.

The much-maligned Ondrej Pavelec had a .908 save percentage combined across his first four seasons in Winnipeg (to be fair, league average during those years was .914, and Pavelec’s numbers are skewed heavily by 2014-15 where he had a .920 save percentage — in the one year the Jets made the playoffs with him).

As the kids say, BIG oof.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If that's what Connor actually said that's a huge indictment of Maurice. What the f*** were they even paying him for? :laugh:

I was kinder on Maurice than most here but even for me the most bizarre comment I eve heard from a head coach was him saying that "they don't really have to show Connor any video of his d-zone" like what? He said that multiple times as well. You would have to be blind to "never show Connor video" when defensively he is clearly below average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad