Prospect Info: #199OA - Hurricanes select RW Alexander Pashin (Ufa - KHL)

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
That's why you bring him over to the AHL and see if he can actually develop his game...it's not like there were a lot of true Hurricanes prospects in the AHL year (most of Chicago was vet-type guys)
I don’t think we’ll ever have a prospect heavy team in Chicago. If Chicago is going to foot half the bill, have a team of veterans that can slide in when needed / mentor the 25% roster prospects. Let the European guys marinate in their respective leagues.

Reactions: DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I don’t think we’ll ever have a prospect heavy team in Chicago. If Chicago is going to foot half the bill, have a team of veterans that can slide in when needed / mentor the 25% roster prospects. Let the European guys marinate in their respective leagues.
One way or another we're going to soon need defensive prospects in the AHL, because I have to believe Chatfield and maybe Keane will be ready to step into the NHL next year in at least a 3rd line role. If they both do, we'll need some guys either moving up from NCAA/Juniors (Morrow, Seeley or Fensore?) or coming over from Europe (Nikishin, Kaski or Honka)

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
One way or another we're going to soon need defensive prospects in the AHL, because I have to believe Chatfield and maybe Keane will be ready to step into the NHL next year in at least a 3rd line role. If they both do, we'll need some guys either moving up from NCAA/Juniors (Morrow, Seeley or Fensore?) or coming over from Europe (Nikishin, Kaski or Honka)
We’ll see Seeley for sure and hopefully honka too. Does Sellgren stick around? Plenty of questions on Chicago’s roster next season.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
We’ll see Seeley for sure and hopefully honka too. Does Sellgren stick around? Plenty of questions on Chicago’s roster next season.
Sellgren is already confirmed as going back to Europe next season iirc.

We'll definitely need to beef up the blue line with quad A guys next season, which might be why we're looking at bringing in a few more kids up front.

Reactions: Tryamw

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Sellgren is already confirmed as going back to Europe next season iirc.

We'll definitely need to beef up the blue line with quad A guys next season, which might be why we're looking at bringing in a few more kids up front.
Sellgren is rumored to have signed a deal with Lulea. Who knows if it just a negotiation tactic. He is probably traded and given a shot somewhere else. He’ll be the next Forsling.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
If our AHL team isn’t going to be mostly our prospects it’s the wrong situation. I don’t think of Pashin as an NHL prospect but he’s the type of guy I’d like to see there. Ours.
I understand your point but…
1. As we pick later and later in the rounds, the probability of the quality of our prospect pool will go down. So they likelihood that our system is going to have a majority of prospects worthy of a contract is much lower.
2. To add to the lower probability, we take boom or bust type guys. We will have a lot more busts than booms, again lowering the likelihood that we have a bunch of contract worthy prospects.
3. We need guys who can step in and play a responsible 8 minutes a game for an undefined amount of time without ruining their potential. AHL veterans can be up and down as well. We’ll need a couple at each position to see which one would be more ready to step in.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Sellgren is rumored to have signed a deal with Lulea. Who knows if it just a negotiation tactic. He is probably traded and given a shot somewhere else. He’ll be the next Forsling.
I really think he might be...I didn't see him on Chicago this year but when he came late to the Checkers on their championship run he was a really steady, calm defender. Then coming over this year he started slow but was going strong towards the end. Make him #7 next year and if he doesn't stick he can go to Europe (like Gelinas, Lintuniemi, Cajkovsky, Fora, etc)

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad