1994 Rangers Road to Victory Special on NHL Network 8PM Saturday

charlie460

Stone Age Hockey
Nov 25, 2011
Norway
NHL Network has a 2 hour special this Saturday at 8 PM: "Road to Victory -The 1994 New York Rangers Story"

Just a heads up!

"This collector's DVD will contain highlights from the Rangers' 1993-94 Stanley Cup season, while showing emotional and unforgettable stories from Rangers fans and Blueshirt legends Mark Messier and Brian Leetch. "

Last edited:

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
*Sigh*, yeah..cuz ya know..we can't see all these things on the MSG network basically ANYTIME. :shakehead

Sorry...just so tired of having it shoved down my throat every 5 minutes.

Man, I freaking hope we win the Cup soon.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
If this is the same one carp is talking about in his blog, he mentioned today that it was excellent. Something I will dvr and watch in july. Going to worry about the present.

Also speaking of carps blog, check out #3 in the newest post about NBC and torts. So funny.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/05/04/rangers-get-back-to-work-we-do-a-live-chat-at-2-p-m/

I also heard a good story maybe you’ve heard before, but I hadn’t. Seems NBC’s bench interviews—which are uncomfortable at best when Torts is involved—haven’t all aired. There was one during the season when the bench interviewer asked Tortorella about his team’s slow start. And Tortorella, I was told, went into an F-bomb rampage about how maybe the start had something to do with NBC forcing the start of the game to be delayed, as usual. That never made it to TV.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
So now you show it on TV 2 weeks after it was released and I purchased it on DVD? Thanks NHL. :shakehead

charlie460

Stone Age Hockey
Nov 25, 2011
Norway
Didn't mean to start an argument here guys. Just a friendly heads up, it's a chance to see something you'd normally have to pay $20 for to buy the DVD. And yes, I'd certainly like to see a 2012 DVD ;)

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I really can never get sick of 1994, especially the CF.

The level of quality and skill in that series was just off the charts, for both teams.

I think it's funny how there is less skill in hockey nowadays with zero obstruction than there was in the early 1990s when everybody was hooking, interfering and clipping shift after shift.

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
Didn't mean to start an argument here guys. Just a friendly heads up, it's a chance to see something you'd normally have to pay $20 for to buy the DVD. And yes, I'd certainly like to see a 2012 DVD ;)

Lol..sorry, wasn't trying to start an argument. I'm just tired of all that is ever brought up is 1994. We have a history, and I would love to hear more about it, good or bad.

I really can never get sick of 1994, especially the CF.

The level of quality and skill in that series was just off the charts, for both teams.

I think it's funny how there is less skill in hockey nowadays with zero obstruction than there was in the early 1990s when everybody was hooking, interfering and clipping shift after shift.

I can never get "sick" of it, but it's brought up so much it feels like it was yesterday. While the other Original 6 teams put out team history DVD's we put out a 94 one. And as mentioned, I would like to hear more about our history. I know a lot, but only cause I have researched it. The Rangers tell us all the time about our tradition and rich history, it's time they started sharing it.

SupersonicMonkey*

I agree. That's what happens when you don't have any success as a franchise. I want the 2012 DVD soon!

No success as a franchise?

How many active franchises have won 4< Stanley Cups.

Canadiens
Maple Leafs
Red Wings
Bruins
Oilers
Rangers
Blackhawks
Islanders

That's it.

Penguins & Devils have 3.

Flyers & Avalanche have 2.

Stars, Ducks, Hurricanes, Lightning, Flames have 1.

There are 13 that don't have any.

There are 5 active franchises that have had "more success" than the Rangers, regarding championships.

Only one of them have been more financially successful. Maple Leafs.

SupersonicMonkey*

NHL Network has a 2 hour special this Saturday at 8 PM: "Road to Victory -The 1994 New York Rangers Story"

Just a heads up!

"This collector's DVD will contain highlights from the Rangers' 1993-94 Stanley Cup season, while showing emotional and unforgettable stories from Rangers fans and Blueshirt legends Mark Messier and Brian Leetch. "

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I've been debating buying the dvd. But now can just dvr it and have it for free!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The thing about the '94 season that bothers me is everyone and their dog trying to compare it to anything the Rangers are doing currently.

This team has busted its ass almost all season, and they deserve their own recognition and praise without everyone trying to compare every little thing. For that alone I'd rather see the Flyers in the ECF just we don't have to hear about '94 and the Devils.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Canadiens
Maple Leafs
Red Wings
Bruins
Oilers
Rangers
Blackhawks
Islanders

That's it.

There are 5 active franchises that have had "more success" than the Rangers, regarding championships.

How many of them are an original 6?

I bet if there were 30 teams from the get go, it would look a lot different, and the Rangers may have even less, or even more, who knows.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Canadiens
Maple Leafs
Red Wings
Bruins
Oilers
Rangers
Blackhawks
Islanders

That's it.

We're also an original 6 team and have 1 cup in 72 years.

SupersonicMonkey*

Little success in relation to years in the league.

1 cup since expansion.

Define success.

Its not only winning the Cup.

The Rangers are one of the most successful franchises in north american hockey. They have been in existence for 86 years. Never faced bankruptcy, never faced relocation. Survived World War 2, Vietnam and Korea (World War 2 claimed several clubs). Survived depressions. Survived expasions, contractions, lockouts, monopilizing (Canadiens).

They've survived and have been one of the main financial reasons the NHL has survived as long as it has.

Expecting a championship several times per decade is unreasonable. And yet, they have been to a championship nearly every decade of their existence (save 60s, 80s, 00s).

"One Cup in 70 years" is unfortunate. It's also unfortunate if that's how one discerns success.

Tell me this, how is it the Devils won three since 95 and are bankrupt. How have the Penguins won three since 91 and faced bankruptcy and relocation twice in that span.

The Islanders have won four. They won't have an arena in a couple of years. Their town practically voted AGAINST keeping them around.

Championships come and go. Be greateful for the ones you see.

Lesser clubs form and fold. The better clubs survive. The successful clubs last 86+ years.

charlie460

Stone Age Hockey
Nov 25, 2011
Norway
Actually I won't be putting it on YouTube since it's a 2 hour special and they took away my ability to upload videos longer than 15 minutes. I will upload it in its entirety to a file host and you'll have to download it. (in HD)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad