Line Combos: 19-20 lineup

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Just out of curiosity, what the Oilers would look like all free agents signings aside? Will Bouchard be part of the opening night lineup again this time? What about Puljujarvi and Yamamoto chances? Will the about to be anounced Nygard can win a spot on the wing?

What about Tyler Benson who's been nothing but great in Bakersfield this year?

Curious to see what's your thoughts.

Thanks

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Bouchard and Yamamoto will both most likely stay in the AHL next season, although there's a chance they could push for a roster spot. Puljujarvi won't clear waivers, so he'll stay. I have a feeling Benson will make the opening night lineup.

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Benson - Nuge - Puljujarvi
Khaira - Gagner - Chiasson
Lucic - Brodziak - Nygard

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Sekera
Russell - Benning

My guess, without any free agent signings or trades.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Just out of curiosity, what the Oilers would look like all free agents signings aside? Will Bouchard be part of the opening night lineup again this time? What about Puljujarvi and Yamamoto chances? Will the about to be anounced Nygard can win a spot on the wing?

Thanks
Pulju will be in the lineup, Yamamoto probably won't. Benson has a strong chance. This is my prediction:

Kassian - McDavid - Draisaitl
Benson - Nuge - XXXXX
Nygard - XXXXX - Pulju
Lucic - Gagner - Khaira

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Sekera - Jones

Koskinen
XXXXX

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Bouchard and Yamamoto will both most likely stay in the AHL next season, although there's a chance they could push for a roster spot. Puljujarvi won't clear waivers, so he'll stay. I have a feeling Benson will make the opening night lineup.

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Sekera
Russell - Benning

Are you guys stuck with Gagner or does he made a good stint with you?

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Sekera - Jones

Do you think Oilers will do some trades to make some cap space for a winger?

You have a lot of players looking for a spot in the NHL with Persson, Lagesson, Samurokov, Bear, Jones and Bouchard.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Do you think Oilers will do some trades to make some cap space for a winger?

You have a lot of players looking for a spot in the NHL with Persson, Lagesson, Samurokov, Bear, Jones and Bouchard.

I think one of those Dman will be shipped out. You would think Jones will be given a good chance this year. Also, you might see another prospect and a pick traded for a forward. If money is freed up. possibly you could see a signing of a forward like Nyquist or Dzingel .
That's my honest opinion. It wlll probably get ripped apart so go at er

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Nuge-McDavid-Kassian
Benson-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Nygard-Marody-Gagner
Lucic-Cave-Khaira

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Sekera
Russell/Jones/Persson/Lagesson

Koskinen
Starrett

Reactions: ThomasG

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Sekera
Russell - Benning

Is that 4th line the identity line then?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I think one of those Dman will be shipped out. You would think Jones will be given a good chance this year. Also, you might see another prospect and a pick traded for a forward. If money is freed up. possibly you could see a signing of a forward like Nyquist or Dzingel .
That's my honest opinion. It wlll probably get ripped apart so go at er

uhhh ... Sekera & Klefbom??

Pretty sure at least one of them will get a broken ankle, staff infection, torn labrum, ACL, MCL, groin injury, and reconstructed foot this season.

Pencil Bear & Jones in for the season as injury call ups who ends up playing for most of the year.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
uhhh ... Sekera & Klefbom??

Pretty sure at least one of them will get a broken ankle, staff infection, torn labrum, ACL, MCL, groin injury, and reconstructed foot this season.

Pencil Bear & Jones in for the season as injury call ups who ends up playing for most of the year.

It’s too bad Klefbom and Sekera are injury prone. They are great dman when healthy.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
It’s too early to say. Draft day has so many trades and free agency things shake up big time. Right now something like this

Draisaitl Mcdavid Kassian
Nygard Nugent-Hopkins Chiasson
Lucic Gagner Pulijaarvi
Khaira Brodziak Cave

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Russell
Sekera Benning

Koskinen
Stolartz

A lot will change though. A back up goalie will be brought in. Up front I think they add two top 9 guys and possibly shuffle the D slightly.

killercookie

Apr 24, 2013
A guy can Dream...

Dzingel – Marcus Johanson- Zuccarello
Benson – Khaira – Oskar Sundqvist
Marody - McLeod- Nygard

Nurse - Myers
Klefbom - Larsson
Russell - Bouchard

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Surprised how many people have Benson making it next year. I liked what he did in the AHL this year but I would not have him starting with the team next year. Let him marinate in the AHL for another year or so, give him a little bit of a taste of what the NHL is like but he should not be starting the year with us, IMO.

If anyone from Bako is going to start the year in the NHL, it will be Marody and/or Currie in bottom 6 roles, IMO.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Thanks

IMO way too early to be asking - I know you say barring free agent signings, but if there aren't some more signings and/or trades, I think I'll be pretty disappointed in Holland's work. We can't afford to go into next year with our only upgrades being promoting prospects too early again.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
We can post all the lineups we can think and dream of but when we have all of Kassian as our 1st line RW, Lucic, Gagner and Khaira all in there at the same time, in some cases, we're not going very far

Reactions: Porkleaker

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Why are people putting Benson in the lineup let alone in the top 6 ? guy can barely move as fast as Sam Gagner .Keep him in the minors until you see a consistent improvement in his game and skating. Let him dominate the AHL before bringing him up.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
A couple of questions I had in thinking about this -

1. How tolerant is new management of rookie defensemen? It's one thing to roll one guy at a time at 12 minutes per night, but couldn't starting season with Bouchard, Bear, Jones all at once could get dicey?

2. Maybe it has been done here, but what is the thinking on 2021 expansion draft? With two-year rule, and many of younger players nearing NHL maturity (D-men above, Pulij, Marody, McLeod, Bensen, etc)...it seems there will be some tough decisions since so many NHL-caliber players on ETC contracts. 2019-2020 does not seem like the best year for extraordinary amount of rookies. (And I know AHL counts under the two years, but it still makes 2021 off-season a challenge - right at the time when things start rolling).

3. Don't we think more 2019 off-season moves will be more focused on correcting salary situation than on building future roster? I know this is like a 'take your medicine thing' but has to be done, no? (ie, more trades, fewer free agents, letting guys like Gagner play out, etc).

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
My guess:

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Nyquist-RNH-Brown
Nygard-Marody-Puljujarvi
Gambardella-Cave-Brodziak

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Sekera
Russell-Persson

Koskinen
McElhinney

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
A guy can Dream...

Dzingel – Marcus Johanson- Zuccarello
Benson – Khaira – Oskar Sundqvist
Marody - McLeod- Nygard

Nurse - Myers
Klefbom - Larsson
Russell - Bouchard

McLeod needs af least one season, probably two in the AHL

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Im more surprised with how many still think Klefbom and Larsson should be the top pairing. Its been a disaster for 2 seasons in a row now.

Lack of options? Ideally I'd like to see a RHD to pair with Klefbom and drop Larsson to second pair but I don't see it happening.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
My guess:

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Nyquist-RNH-Brown
Nygard-Marody-Puljujarvi
Gambardella-Cave-Brodziak

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Sekera
Russell-Persson

Koskinen
McElhinney
Man I'd love to havr Gambardella on the fourth line but I don't think it will happens. The guy is a true warrior, but knowing that Lucic, Brodziak, Cave, Kassian, Khaira are all locked in, that will be a hard battle.

Don't know his contract statue but I see more futur for him in a team like Carolina or Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad