$18 To Construct: Thread for Misc. All Time Teams

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
This idea really hammers home the idea of a 10 team Auction ATD. One at a time each GM would nominate a player and have an opening bid. The auction for each player would last 24 hours, 1 bid per GM on each player. You'd have to outbid the previous bid by Min. $5. $150 budget for 3 forward line, 4 D and a Goalie.

If you want to organize such a thing, go for it.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Would it be frowned upon if I did? I will wait till I'm less busy at work and try it out.

I would give it a try if you could figure out a way to do it. I guess it would have to be live, but what do you do if someone doesn't show up? Also would recommend not doing it during the main ATD.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
I would give it a try if you could figure out a way to do it. I guess it would have to be live, but what do you do if someone doesn't show up? Also would recommend not doing it during the main ATD.

Obviously open to suggestions, but I'm thinking September would be a great time to try it out.

- 10 teams
- $150 budget
- Each GM takes turns (with an order) of putting a player up for bid.
- Silent Auction, teams PM a pre determined board member
- After 8 hours the highest bid wins that player, if highest bid is a tie the first GM to bid on the player wins that player.
- 9 Forwards, 4 Defense and a goaltender.
- Once the teams are selected same process as ATD. Top 8 make playoffs, 1 vs 8 2 vs 7 etc…
- No trades

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Obviously open to suggestions, but I'm thinking September would be a great time to try it out.

- 10 teams
- $150 budget
- Each GM takes turns (with an order) of putting a player up for bid.
- Silent Auction, teams PM a pre determined board member
- After 8 hours the highest bid wins that player, if highest bid is a tie the first GM to bid on the player wins that player.
- 9 Forwards, 4 Defense and a goaltender.
- Once the teams are selected same process as ATD. Top 8 make playoffs, 1 vs 8 2 vs 7 etc…
- No trades

That's a long draft. Having to check in 3 times a day for 45 days is quite a commitment. Think it needs to be quicker.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
That's a long draft. Having to check in 3 times a day for 45 days is quite a commitment. Think it needs to be quicker.

There would be a lot of strategy involved. Having a co GM would be a huge help, using your nominations wisely could influence getting that player of other GMs don't check in.

For the first ATD auction we could limit to 6 forwards, 4 D and a Goalie. that would drop down to 36 days for the draft process.

Leto93

Jul 1, 2014
Amherst, NY
Hull-Yzerman-Bossy
Robinson-Stevens
Dryden

Not all that happy that I chose two left-handed defenseman, but I'm pretty sure those two beasts could figure it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad