$18 To Construct: Thread For Expansion Teams

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
MOD: Consolidating these threads. This one will be for all teams that joined the NHL at 1967 expansion or later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Exports...

Carry on here....

Not worthy of a new thread really because I'm not going to photoshop something together, feel free to ignore, as I don't want to steal the Red Wings thunder (sensitive topic as that is...), but just thinking aloud what the Penguins (career as a Penguin considered only) would look like...

LW
Kevin Stevens $5
Martin Straka (C) $4
Chris Kunitz $3
Lowell MacDonald $2
Randy Cunneyworth $1

(who else to really consider...Ryan Malone? Bob Errey? Bob Kelly?)

C
Mario Lemieux $18
Sidney Crosby $4
Evgeni Malkin $3
Ron Francis $2
Syl Apps, Jr. $1

(who else to consider...Mike Bullard? Pierre Larouche? Ron Schock? John Cullen? Greg Malone? Robert Lang?)

RW
Jaromir Jagr $5
Jean Pronovost $4
Rick Kehoe $3
Alexei Kovalev $2
Joe Mullen $1

(who else to consider...Mark Recchi? Joe Mullen? Tochett should be over here. Rob Brown? Pascal Dupuis?)

D
Paul Coffey $5
Larry Murphy $4
Randy Carlyle $3
Dave Burrows $2
Ulf Samuelsson $1
Sergei Gonchar $1

(who else to consider...Ron Stackhouse? Kristopher Letang? Darius Kasparaitis? Brooks Orpik?)

G
Marc-Andre Fleury $5 ($3 mail-in rebate)
Tom Barrasso $4 ($2 mail-in rebate)
Les Binkley $3
Denis Herron $2
Johan Hedberg $1

(who else...Ken Wregget? Greg Millen? uhh...woof)

Gonchar won a Cup as a #1 D, he's gotta be at least worth a dollar.

You can also do more than 5D because you need two.

I died. :walrus:

Cunneyworth, $1
Malkin, $3
Jagr, $5
Coffey, $5
Carlyle, $3
Moose, $1

Boom Boom Bear

May 23, 2007
Coast Salish lands
so, either you're joking when you make Lemieux $18, or you really want to exclude him from this process for some reason. in the thread that started all this for the Wings, Howe was worth $5. You have Lemieux listed as 3+ times the value of Howe, & 4+ times the value of Crosby.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Marios' a five bucker Boom Boom. Five dollars. No player can exceed $5. Not Gretzky. Not Orr. No one. New Rule. Salary Cap. Auction Ceiling....

and obviously the op having a laff.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Stevens - Lemieux - Jagr (15)
Samuelsson - Hedberg - Gonchar (3) ............ $18

Boom Boom Bear

May 23, 2007
Coast Salish lands
$18 To Construct Vancouver Canucks Starting~Lineup

just like them other threads. only 26 more active teams to go, then we can start getting into the defunct ones, WHA teams, KHL, Swiss National B League, Pee Wee House League in Kapuskasing, etc. Mods, make a new forum exclsuively for $18 team threads :yo::yo::yo:

Left Wing
Daniel Sedin $5
Markus Naslund $4
Darcy Rota $3
Andre Boudrias $2
Don Lever $2
Geoff Courtnall $2
Greg Adams $2
Curt Fraser $2
Petri Skriko $2
Martin Gelinas $1
Tiger Williams $1

Center
Henrik Sedin $5
Mark Messier $4
Trevor Linden $4
Thomas Gradin $4
Barry Pederson $3
Brendan Morrison $3
Patrik Sundstrom $3
Ryan Kesler $3
Cliff Ronning $3
Petr Nedved $2
Igor Larionov $2
Ivan Hlinka $1
Derek Sanderson $1 [for Killion - bargain basement]

Right Wing
Pavel Bure $5
Alex Mogilny $4
Stan Smyl $4
Trevor Linden $4
Tony Tanti $3
Alex Burrows $2
Dennis Ververgaert $1

Defense
Mattias Ohlund $5
Ed Jovanovski $4
Paul Reinhart $4
Jyrrkki Lumme $3
Doug Lidster $3
Sami Salo $3
Harold Snepsts $2
Pat Quinn $2
Alex Edler $2
Jeff Brown $2
Kevin Bieksa $1
Dennis Kearns $1
Rick Lanz $1
Garth Butcher $1
Dan Hamhuis $1
Dave Babych $1
Dana Murzyn $1
Adrian Aucoin $1
Kevin McCarthy $1
Lars Lindgren $1
etc [add your favorite bargain basement missing top pairing Canuck D for only $1!]

Goaltender
Roberto Luongo $5
Kirk McLean $4
Cory Schneider $3
Glen Hanlon $1
Dan Cloutier $1
Richard Brodeur $1
Gary Smith $1

ICM1970

Jan 29, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Where is Michel Briere? He who is the only other Penguin besides Lemieux to have his sweater number retired. I can recall reading an interview with Red Kelly in which he says he could remember a good number of games in the season following the terrible car crash (that put Briere into a coma) where he probably would really have made the difference in Pittsburgh's favour.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Where is Michel Briere? He who is the only other Penguin besides Lemieux to have his sweater number retired. I can recall reading an interview with Red Kelly in which he says he could remember a good number of games in the season following the terrible car crash (that put Briere into a coma) where he probably would really have made the difference in Pittsburgh's favour.

The dude was drafted 26th overall and had 44 points as a 20 year old rookie. His number is retired becouse of the accident, just like Bill Masterton got an award named after him becouse of his.

Boxscore

Jan 22, 2007
Courtnall (2) - Linden (4) - Bure (5)
Bieksa (1) - Aucoin (1)
McLean (4)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Lever - Sanders:)n - Smyl
Snepts - McLean - Jovanovski..... $17 - $1 left over for Dennis Verevergaert... just because.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Killion, why do I get the sense that I could spend $5 at every position and still not win with this team? ;)

Williams, $1
Kesler, $3
Bure, $5
Edler, $2
Snepsts, $2
Luongo, $5

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Cursed according to Brian Burke. Goalie Graveyard.... this from the mind that brought us the Trapezoid.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Dave Tiger Williams is one of those character guys who hates to lose-The pc world of today tries to forget him-but he had a heart of a lion.Did a lot of work for handicap

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Dave Tiger Williams is one of those character guys who hates to lose-The pc world of today tries to forget him-but he had a heart of a lion.Did a lot of work for handicap

He did, and I remember him well with the Leafs & Canucks; later post career he was part owner & GM of the Vancouver VooDoo of Roller Hockey International. Great guy, but I tell ya thom, did not appreciate his hijinx on the ice a lot of times, in particular that number of his when after scoring one of his few goals he'd ride around on his stick through Center Ice.

Courtnal 2
Nedved 2
Bure 5
Reinhart 4
Hamhuis 1
Mc Lean 4

$18 :banana:

^^^ Not bad. Nedved & two picks on Defense interesting. I too went with Cap'n Kirk. One of my All Time Favorite Canucks & Goalies though I must say Luongo was catching up. For a guy with the kind of record he had just didnt get the respect he really deserved I dont believe. But rather than go nuclear through the press (and he had cause) he handled it all rather well. Great sense of humor about things really. I admired that.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I included a couple of my old favourites because... because. I assume any guy not listed is $1

G. Courtnall (2) - H. Sedin (5) - B. Schmautz (1)
B. Reinhart (4) - G. Diduck (1)
R. Luongo (5)

By the way... Smith and Brodeur should be worth far more than Dan freakin' Cloutier

member 116861

Courtnall(2) - Linden(4) - Bure(5)
Hamhuis(1) - Lumme(3)
Schneider(3)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad