GDT: #18 New Jersey Devils at Calgary Flames: Lion King Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Tonight at 9pm live in Calgary and on MSG+ the Devils take on the Calgary Flames in a duel of last year’s surprise versus this season’s surprise. After shutting out the Penguins on home ice and leap-frogging them in the standings, the Devils set out on the dreaded Western Canada road trip, which is dangerous because its really far away and beyond our borders.

tumblr_m5ez9cq3EY1r5zq6ao1_500.gif

Since we’re in Calgary at the Saddledome, we’ll probably also see a stampede, but hopefully it won’t be Calgary players crashing Cory’s net with Devils players watching in horror:

stampede-scene-lion-king-o.gif

The Western Canada swing has been hard for the Devils in the past, so Hynes should remind the Devils:

tumblr_n0jdaafWJz1qd8ezvo1_500.gif

Regardless, it’s important that Devils players, coaches, and fans are ready for anything:

BePrepared.gif

Hopefully, the Devils come out roaring:

tumblr_ln7jkhmVpQ1qbdaon-1423156012.gif

So Devils fans will say:

giphy.gif

Not:

200_s.gif

If the Devils pull out a win, we can truly think:

200_s.gif

The New Jersey Devils Line-up:

cJwcdzv.gif

Cammalleri-Henrique-Stempniak
Kalinin-Zajac-Palmieri
Tlusty-Josefson-Tootoo
Farnham-Gionta-O’Neil

Greene-Larsson
Moore-Severson
Merrill-Schlemko

Schneider

The Calgary Flames Line-up:

140590208_f6263845cc.jpg

Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
Bennet-Backlund-Frolik
Colborne-Stajan-Jones
Ferland-Grant-Bollig

Giordano-Brodie
Russell-Hamilton
Engelland-Wideman

Ramo

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone know exactly how much a Ramo costs? Can I buy one at a place like Dick's sporting goods? I have no good shops specializing in hockey goods by me. I might have to use the internet.

I really need a Ramo to pin against my net in my driveway. I've been firing too many balls and pucks and they've been going through the back of the net and hitting my car and making dents. I tried moving it into the backyard and they're going into the pool.

Tried using a garbage can and they still ricochet onto my car and might need to replace a couple windows in the house.

I figured if I got a Karri Ramo to put in front of the cage, it's good for stopping about 88%-89% percent of the shots I fire at it. That's a MUCH better rate than the 100% that go through the back of the net and bounce all over the place and damaging and breaking all my things.

I figure a Karri Ramo has gotta be cheaper than repairing broken windows and body work on my car and dents in the garage door.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Man don't make me post the sad Simba meme for us tonight.

Would love if someone could photoshop that over whomever their goalie is tonight if we kick their ass.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Man don't make me post the sad Simba meme for us tonight.

Would love if someone could photoshop that over whomever their goalie is tonight if we kick their ass.

Lion on cardboard? I mean, I guess?:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate games against the Flames. They always find a way to beat us.

I hate games against them cause their fanbase is extremely pompous. The last couple of GDT's when we played them, they came rushing over to defend their teams honor at anyone that made negative remarks about them. I hope our fans don't rush to other teams forums and do that with our team.

Even the 1-0 shutout loss at the end of 13-14, I just read the GDT earlier. So many people coming in to defend the team and defending RamBLOW as if he was our fanbase sticking up for Marty or the late 90s Sabres fans defending Hasek.

They really seemed very passionate about defending a piece of frickin cardboard with a mop.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Definitely don't like playing in Calgary over the years, but this is a team that I feel our team matches up well against. We're much faster than we have been in the past and if we can pepper their goalie, pucks are bound to go in.

I've got a lot of faith in them tonight, they're coming off probably their most complete performance of the season, so hopefully that momentum carries over on their first trip out west.

So was this the last time we won in Calgary? Wow :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark