GDT: #18 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part II, High Noon Edition

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes it was national broadcast. IIRC Napalm had the GWG. It was on NBCSN.

Yeah it was Palmieri who scored. The only goal of the game too, and I think on the power play. It was a very boring game, and Moose shut the Rangers out 1-0 a couple games before that too. Marty was injured.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was such a bleh game that the Devils shouldn't have won. :laugh: But the epic "One Game At A Time" Trolling Run that they were doing at that point made it even more glorious.

I miss those days even though the season as a whole sucked.

My favorite part about February of 2011 was that I felt like we were gonna win every game. The only game we lost that month in regulation was to Tampa Bay I think. That was the only game I questioned if we would win or not. And we lost, but it was the only game I was worried about. I think coming into the game we both had 7 wins in a row or something.

Think we lost to Florida in OT earlier that month too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember when we posted 80s music videos before games 6 and 7 vs Florida? We need to bring that back one GDT!

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Letttttssss gooooooooo

raylewisdupp.gif

WTH.....thats disturbing

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Remember the Canes goal song? They might still use it.

It was some real lame **** that a very cheesy organization would do. It's song 2 by Blur, but with yabba dabba do's from fred flintstone, and Ric Flair WOO chants added in.

I don't think they used the same exact one anymore. I think they took the Adam Sandler ''Wooby doo!'' and fred flintstone **** out of it now. Tell me this isn't the corniest song used for a goal song in the history of the NHL.

There is no argument, that is definitely the corniest goal song I've ever ever. Like the worst version of song 2 ever, all the stuff you said, and ****ing Chewbacca?!? Feel like that has to be a joke. Plus the horn it self sounds like its running our of air or something. So flat and dead.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There is no argument, that is definitely the corniest goal song I've ever ever. Like the worst version of song 2 ever, all the stuff you said, and ****ing Chewbacca?!? Feel like that has to be a joke. Plus the horn it self sounds like its running our of air or something. So flat and dead.

Definitely the worst horn in the league too. Anaheim's is pretty ****in garbage sounding too. I'm not sure they still have that horn, but the one they were using in the 03 SCF sounded similar to that one. And no joke, this was really the Canes goal song. I remember it when we played them those years!:laugh:

Same horn, and song 2 still. I think most of that **** is gone though except for the Ric Flair woos.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Definitely the worst horn in the league too. Anaheim's is pretty ****in garbage sounding too. I'm not sure they still have that horn, but the one they were using in the 03 SCF sounded similar to that one. And no joke, this was really the Canes goal song. I remember it when we played them those years!:laugh:

Same horn, and song 2 still. I think most of that **** is gone though except for the Ric Flair woos.

I feel like they aren't the only one with the Ric Flair woos. Almost sure I've heard it somewhere else too, but I definitely remember the woos down in that house of horrors down there, No team that has hoisted Lord Stanley's Cup should be allowed a goal horn or song that bad.

Semak

Kovalchuk retains strong feelings of motivation and desire to manipulate the match's outcome in favor of the Devils.
qcW6Jdk.jpg

:laugh: My new favorite. One of the few times a Chicoism might not be a total loss.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
TGfireandice: Looks like D Mark Fayne is back in Devils lineup today in place of Henrik Tallinder. Not confirmed yet.

TGfireandice: Pete DeBoer confirms that Fayne is in for Tallinder today.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At least we're icing the best team possible today, and that hasn't always been the case this year. Which is really what's annoyed me, a hundred times more than Tallinder's play (or Volch/Sal/etc). These games are just too important right now, and we've gotten away with being able to treat them like preseason but you can't do that forever.

Although I can't wait till we start scratching Greene, or someone else to accomodate our logjam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad