GDT: #18 – Stars at Sabres – Tue Nov 17, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
seriously I guess I dont see the need for the rule, would any of those goals caused by us being offside? this rule should only apply on odd man rushes

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
What an incredibly annoying way to lose. That rule makes a league that doesn't have enough fun as it is even worse.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Guess I've gotta start treating hockey goals like long football passes and wait for thirty seconds after it happens before actually enjoying it.

Dumbass rule. Make the refs more accountable. The momentum-kill / frustration-add is the price the "offending" team shouldn't have to pay for their ineptitude on something that clearly didn't affect the play.

Bah. At this rate we have nine more of these to look forward to.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
there is no doubt that Ennis is offsides.

there is also no doubt that calling a goal back because of something that happened 20 seconds prior is ****ed up ********.

i'm generally in favor of challenges, but why it's used for offsides mistakes that end up in goals I'll never know.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
They need to review what can and can not be challenged. A puck deflected in the net by a stick above the cross-bar is something you should be able to challenge. Whether the puck crossed the line or not, the same. But a ****ing potential missed offside that led to a goal seconds, or sometimes even minutes after gaining the zone? That is infuriating.

Maybe I'm just pissed because it's gone against us 3 times already, but man, what a crock of ****.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Guess I've gotta start treating hockey goals like long football passes and wait for thirty seconds after it happens before actually enjoying it.

Dumbass rule. Make the refs more accountable. The momentum-kill / frustration-add / timeclock waste is the price the "offending" team shouldn't have to pay for their ineptitude on something that clearly didn't affect the play.

Bah. At this rate we have nine more of these to look forward to.

This is my biggest issue. Could you imagine a scenario like tonight happening in the playoffs? I get its the right call, but I'd be so ******* irate.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
They seem to have zapped a lot of the fun out of hockey this season. Guess it's been on this path for a while though.

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
I agree it was offsides, but my problem is that once again it wasn't material to that goal being scored. The extra half a foot by ennis had no influence on the goal.

The fact that it wasn't blown dead when the offsides happened is what makes it material to the goal being scored.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
That's not the problem. Yes, it was offside. Yes, Dallas had every right to challenge it. The problem is being able to challenge it in the first place!

Agree. Every season somebody has to fix something that isn't broken. Or apply technology because they can. I'd like the human element - mistakes included - returned to the game. Linesmen make off sides calls. Ref's call goals or wave them off.

Tired of sitting on the edge of the chair waiting for the word from Toronto on goals. (Would No Goal have happened if there was video review? I wonder sometimes.....)

I guess there's just too much money at stake - ownership, odds makers, advertisers - to think that any of this is going to go away............

(Spoken like a guy who lives in a State where a National College Football Championship was won because of a 5th down.:laugh:)

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The fact that it wasn't blown dead when the offsides happened is what makes it material to the goal being scored.

The fact that multiple illegal things can and do happen leading up to many or most goals makes this rule beyond idiotic.

And please don't play the "get it right card". Its not remotely about that. If it was, every single goal would be reviewed by Toronto to make sure the zone entry wasn't offside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad