Prospect Info: 17th Overall - Lukas Reichel

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Reichel for Holtz?

Change of scenery for both players.
Both drafted in 2020.
Both underwhelming so far with very similar stats.

Fresh starts with new coaching/management teams?

• Love
Reactions: Malaka

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Someone remind me who his most common linemates were. Reichel has been in Richardson's doghouse since inception.
enitshistle and johnson! lol not the same as the 3rd line in New York. It should have been AA a center but he was hurt by the time they woke up and realized Lucas was not a center. bedard needs guys that can dig things out in the boards. Rechel, kurashev and bedard are just to small as a top line. they are going against top line D. they got manhandled.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Reichel and Teply both (small sample ) seem to be flourishing together .
They are good friends. Both European guys around the same age who have been in what must feel like a very foreign place in Rockford, IL as a smaller sized Midwest American city for a few seasons. They would room together on road trips and such.

Reactions: dj Mahoney

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Haven't caught much of these west coast games, but is he still trying to play a dump and chase game? Automatic turnover.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
5 games, 4 games against bad teams, 67 minutes.

It's not his fault he was called back up.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
It's his fault he sucks though.
Yes. Both are true in my opinion.

The plan for him or the execution for a plan for him, along with the evaluation of him, failed this year. It sucked.

He's objectively bad at NHL hockey, at some point you have to not be bad at it regardless of circumstances. That's on him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yes. Both are true in my opinion.

The plan for him or the execution for a plan for him, along with the evaluation of him, failed this year. It sucked.

He's objectively bad at NHL hockey, at some point you have to not be bad at it regardless of circumstances. That's on him.
The plan for him was perfectly clear. He wanted to play C, he was drafted as a C, so they tried him there. He sucked at it, they put him back where he was clearly comfortable last year, and he has sucked there too.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
How did he look with Bedard this year in the short time he played with him? I say put him at RW with Bedard for the rest of the year and see if he can get anything going. Otherwise start him back in the AHL next year and have him earn his way back up. He doesn't have much confidence or ability to make plays right now.

Reactions: Pez68

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
How did he look with Bedard this year in the short time he played with him? I say put him at RW with Bedard for the rest of the year and see if he can get anything going. Otherwise start him back in the AHL next year and have him earn his way back up. He doesn't have much confidence or ability to make plays right now.
I dont think he fits with bedard, they both are not strong enough at this point. I know you call him a bust what do you call enwhisitle and raddysh? they are both 4 years older. I think he needs a off season and a few players that play with speed. IE AA yes ENT no

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not great.
They have spent 118mins together, have a HDCF% of 29%, scored 4 goals but had 9 scored against them. I'd be ok with him swapping with Kurashev to close out the season, i'd be OK with them trying anything to close out the season, but don't have much hope for it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I dont think he fits with bedard, they both are not strong enough at this point. I know you call him a bust what do you call enwhisitle and raddysh? they are both 4 years older. I think he needs a off season and a few players that play with speed. IE AA yes ENT no
He's not a bust, he's not a top 6 NHLer either at this point and he's struggling to show signs he's capable of being that with more development.

Entwistle and Raddysh never had realistic expectations from me to be successful NHLers. They wouldn't be in the league on a good team, maybe as a 13th forward. I don't really care about their development or where their careers end up as I don't expect them to be regulars on the Hawks when we're out of a rebuild.

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Flip Reichel for a big physical grinder type that can PK.

That way they'll be at least useful. Reichel isn't useful.

Could've traded him for Andrew Cristall. Could go down as the biggest L in Kyle's career.

Time to cut your losses.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Flip Reichel for a big physical grinder type that can PK.

That way they'll be at least useful. Reichel isn't useful.

Could've traded him for Andrew Cristall. Could go down as the biggest L in Kyle's career.

Time to cut your losses.
What makes you think the caps would’ve done that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad