Prospect Info: 17th Overall - Lukas Reichel

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Maybe we should have an official post instead of an ad?

A well-balanced and agile skater with excellent vision, a deadly shot, and playmaking skills, Reichel is a German Elite League regular who has performed well above expectations for the Berlin Polar Bears. He’s got breakaway speed and lateral quickness, and good things happen once he can get into open ice.
Reichel has bounced between Berlin’s second and third line, plus a regular role on the second power play unit...His quick thinking and first step are two critical aspects to his overall game. Reichel wins a lot of 50/50 puck battles and his speed puts a lot of pressure on opposing blueliners, especially in the chip-and-chase game.
Being a smart and alert player seems to come naturally for Reichel, and the fact that his coach has used him in late/close situations supports that. Although he wasn’t a regular on the penalty kill, Reichel has the smarts, foot speed, and stamina to be groomed for checking scenarios.
Reichel is an excellent stickhandler in traffic and along the boards.
The primary weapons in Reichel’s arsenal are his hands and his shot. He can release an accurate attempt off the pass via a short windup, but Reichel also has shown the ability to make rapid changes to the angle of his shot. Additionally, Reichel can blister shots high to the short side in addition to picking that far corner, this leaving goalies at a significant disadvantage.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'll repost what I put in the fake thread:

Reichel is a good player. He is. 20th on my rankings. This guy will never be a line driver, but he's a solid complimentary piece. He's all IQ, and responsible defensively.

But how the heeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllll are you picking Lukas Reichel ahead of Dawson f***ing Mercer??? Are you kidding me???

I will not talk shit about Reichel. He's a good kid.

But I absolutely will talk shit about Mark Kelley. Please fire him. Pulled that Vlasic bullshit last year, now this? FIRE HIM.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The broadcast had Reichel as a top 6 player but Mercer as a middle 6 player. I could have seen that wrong.

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
Dach was viewed by many here as a reach at third last year. Gimme more of that foresight by the Hawks brass with this kid.

Everybody's a scout come draft night. Doesn't sound like he was much of a reach based on stuff I'm reading around on.
From what I've seen it looks like he was ranked 31st-43 in most rankings.

Should have just traded down.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Damn, I've been posting in that ad of a thread all this time, instead of the official Reichel thread (official until we give him an appreciation thread).

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
Lot of talk about teams wanting him in the teens the last few days . What lists had him in the 30s-40s?
https://thehockeywriters.com/2020-nhl-draft-rankings-forbes/
2020 NHL Draft: The final top 31 rankings (not the best, but didn't even get listed)
We looked at 12 sources to come up with EOTP’s Consensus NHL Draft Rankings (a bit higher on here #27 to be exact)

Some others had him at 23. I just think there was much better talent on the board. Kid already came out and said hes two years away from the NHL. Our core is only aging more and more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad