GDT: 160209 Sharks @ Hawks CSNCA 5:30

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Nah. I think in a vacuum Todd is a better coach, but I have also been very pleasantly surprised by DeBoer, given reports from, *ahem*, certain posters. I don't think I've seen any player regress offensively from where they were last year, which is something I honestly would have laughed at someone for predicting. Burns, Vlasic, and Braun will probably all have career years offensively. Pavelski and Thornton are still doing their thing, Hertl has improved a lot (and has been given a lot more trust by DeBoer than I thought he would get, given DeBoer's supposed hatred of young players), Marleau has at least been better than last year, and Couture you have to give a break due to his injury. I haven't seen Donskoi punished for being creative. Tierney and the fourth line in general have earned his trust now. DeBoer's system has lead us to I think the 4th best shots against per game rate in the league without really suppressing our best offensive players. The high amount of blocked shots are a result of his system rather than being in our own zone a lot, as evidenced by comparing our Fenwick and Corsi. I've been extremely pleased compared to what I was led to expect.

this, i am cautiously optimistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad